ADVERTISEMENT

Cael Contract talks....

Can't imagine where they could expand, not to mention the parking nearby is not exactly plentiful.

Theoretically, you could expand and add an upper deck on the North, West & South sides and retain the atmosphere and sense of place of Rec Hall. Like OSU did with Gallagher-Iba. Costs and logistics would be a nightmare. It's a matter of how badly do you want it and how deep is your slush fund.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Just to clarify, the slush fund is for secret projects involving deep-cover people such as Penn State Willie. We can upgrade facilities in the open, with the clean money.

It depends. A major renovation would provide ample room for phantom jobs for current and former wrestlers as well as relatives of current and former wrestlers and relatives of recruits. That money would have to be slushed.

Just tossing out another thought about what Cael may want, besides items already mentioned.

Some programs perform at a larger venue than Rec Hall. Rec Hall has lots of advantages as a wrestling venue, but is limited in size.

Cael has been slowly trying to get some events in the BJC. Perhaps he would like funding for a larger number of events in the BJC each year, or to host other wrestling events or more large events.

If so - This would be consistent with his goal to make the program break-even or profitable, but would provide a protective floor of funding for continued experiments with expanding the program.

Just a topic for discussion. Not based upon inside info.

I posted this back in March..... https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/master-plan-rec-hall.169492/
Rec Hall will get even smaller in the future, maybe Rec Hall gets renovated becomes a dedicated wrestling only practice facility with all matches going to Bryce?

Thanks N.L.

Did we determine what they are planning for Rec Hall and when?
Not that I'm aware of, my guess is they're on a 5 years project planning cycle we won't see any specific plans for rec hall until five years out from project start (or planned completion). It would take about a year to design a major renovation and then 2 years to construct. I assume we'll see an updated master five year plan on a yearly basis starting from this past march.

Reactions: T J
Not that I'm aware of, my guess is they're on a 5 years project planning cycle we won't see any specific plans for rec hall until five years out from project start (or planned completion). It would take about a year to design a major renovation and then 2 years to construct. I assume we'll see an updated master five year plan on a yearly basis starting from this past march.

So that begs the question -

What's next for wrestling facilities?​

Just to clarify, the slush fund is for secret projects involving deep-cover people such as Penn State Willie. We can upgrade facilities in the open, with the clean money.
I hope we are better at upgrading the facilities than we are at keeping our deep cover people deep cover...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT