ADVERTISEMENT

Buckeye Wrestleoffs - a desperate plea

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
Could one of you fine folks who has a Flo Account do a pbp of the Buckeye wrestleoffs tonight? I do not have an account and would appreciate something more than final scores.

Thanks in advance

oliver.jpg

Could one of you fine folks who has a Flo Account do a pbp of the Buckeye wrestleoffs tonight? I do not have an account and would appreciate something more than final scores.

Thanks in advance

oliver.jpg

It is also on BTNplus tonight, I think flo is just streaming the BTN feed as they did for the duals last season that were not on the BTN channel.

Reactions: nitlion6

Thanks in advance

oliver.jpg

There's a nice video preview in the 11W article Tom linked in the Articles for Thursday thread.

(By preview I mean lots of deadlifts and no actual wrestling.)

Reactions: Reslo
Doesn't seem like too much to ask. Minus commercial breaks and TaTo interviews it'll probably about 9 minutes of wrestling.

Reactions: danoftw
I assume no actual commentary tonight, so no need for a drinking game, sadly.

As always, the voice of BWI play-by-play will be as unbiased and sportsmanlike as possible, staying glued to the action and wrestling, and none of the other frills, humor, or excitement.

Feels good to have live wrestling on again, man. It's about time.

Hayes-Jordan I
Hayes in red, Micah in white. That's important. Lotta snaps and feeling out to start. Micah the obvious aggressor, with at least a couple of level changes. Keshawn re-attacks on a Micah shot that he stuffed into a front headlock, drops to the leg, but they go out of bounds.
Another front headlock for Hayes, and a stalemate. Micah keeps going to right side single, but Hayes stopping everything with his head/hands. Period ends 0-0. Snooze fest.

I think it's very cool that they're streaming, would love PSU to do the same.

Micah chose neutral. Obviuously familiarity plays a roll, but this has been a snoooze.

Reactions: diggerpup
Jordan takes neutral. For pete's sake, man... Hayes counters a Micah shot with a shuck, gets behind, but Micah never goes down in rear-standing, so no points. Still handfighting, a half-attack and front headlock... Stalemate.
If Hayes takes neutral, both should have to wrestle Nolf.

Hayes takes bottom. Gets his escape. 1-0 Hayes. Hayes looks to the shuck-drop single off another shot, but nothing. Should be noted that Micah has 6 secs of riding time because nothing else interesting is happening in this match.
HOLY SHIT HAYES WITH AN ATTEMPT! but, he's flattened and they're out of bounds. No score. :30 left. Micah in DEEP. Hayes tries to roll him through, but takedown awarded. Looks to roll through, but no score. 2-1 Micah in rd 1.

Teshawn-Ethan Smith rd 1 of 3.
Nobody scoring. Some good hard handfighting and pummeling. Smith level changes, but quickly fought off. :30 to go.
Knee sleeves are dumb. Sorry, had to get that out. Campbell has one on.
Campbell goes blast double, but no score. Campbell takes bottom.

CAUTION ON CAMPBELL!
Little tripod stand-up and it's 1-0 Campbell. Forever later, Smith in deep on a single, coming out back door, but Campbell fighting off well. Campbell gets hips square and leg back, no score. 1-0 Campbell, Smith takes down.

Reactions: nerfstate
Campbell goes claw and sits Smith back. Nobody moves for a good :15. Campbell looks for tilt, but loses the ride. 1-1, Campbell has :24 of RT. Smith coming hard, Campbell circling. :30 left, both guys counter into over/under and Campbell looks for a hip over but Smith gathers leg. WE'RE GETTING OVERTIME BABY!

So last year Micah and Hayes both wanted 157 to avoid Zain and this year they both want 149 because Zain is gone?

Malik Heinselman vs. Braken Meade.
Malik in great single, back door, stopped for PD (pike position). Malik goes Hi-C for 2. Meade gets released, 2-1. Malik still on the attack. He leaves his hand posted too long, though, in my hum... honest opinion. Meade looks shuck because he's a smart guy. No score. The last :30 is uneventful. 2-1 Malik going into 2nd. Meade goes down.

Reactions: lionlover
Meade escapes quickly. 2-2. He has a clamp headlock, but Malik fights it off going out of bounds. Immediately Malik is back in, coming out the back, but doesn't stand up because his Ohio State education is kicking in... fool me once, and so on. Malik swims around after a scramble and gets 2. 4-1. He releases Meade, 4-2, and now has to adjust headgear because Tom hasn't given a lecture on that yet. :30 to go. Nothing.
4-2, Malik goes neutral in the third.

Reactions: diggerpup
If you're a 125 in the Big Ten, and you can't take down in a wrestle-off, you're behind the 8-ball bud.

It's actually 4-3. I goofed. :30 to go and neither had attacked this period. Meade goes upper body again, but can't trip into it. 4-3 final. Malik wins.

Pletcher has an ankle brace on.
I didn't catch who he was wrestling, but Pletcher is in red. He stops a shot, re-attacks off the front headlock, gets stuck on the leg, stalemate.
Felix is this cat's name. He's from Gilroy HS, where Cormier is now coaching.
Could of level changes but nobody gets to legs. Felix scrapes and ankle, but no. Pletcher gets a throwby to leg attack and scores. 2-0. We're seeing our first real riding of the night, yeehaw! **** With Dre Day intro playing in the background, VERY NICE! Pletcher gets a little tilt for 2 after a restart. 4-0. Pletcher works Felix to his back and ends up in a headlock, FALL with :08 to spare.

157: Elijah Cleary vs Aaron Refelt? I don't know. This is the "Who loses to Hayes/Jordan for the spot later" bout.

Couple of half-attacks and stops to front headlocks in the opening minute. Cleary stumbles into a low single and stumbles even further into a takedown. Aaron looked like he was getting away, but Cleary sucks him back into a tilt for 4. 6-0 Cleary and riding. Out of bounds, and it's still 6-0. Cleary takes down without deferring, and RT. Atta boy.

Refelt with a mat return, but Cleary than switches and reverses, making it 8-0 +RT. Lots of Cleary trying to keep him on the mat after Refelt looks to escape, then gets out of bounds.
Cleary has him flat, then goes trap leg/ankle. AAANNNNNDDDD back out of bounds with :02 left. We got blood time?
I turned off TERRY for this, damn.
Aaron's choice. He takes neutral. 8-0 +RT Cleary going into 3rd.

2:39 of RT to be exact. Both guys battling, but Cleary given a stalling warning because he's winning and not attempting. Aaron still pursuing to get that valuable point. Cleary gets stuck in crack-back position on a leg. Aaron has a crotch lock. Stalemate. Genius running the clock let the final :10 tick off. Clock's set. Guys are set. No score. 9-0 Elijah Cleary gets to lose to Keshawn Hayes or Micah Jordan later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT