ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Griese: "Georgia is unquestionably the #2 team in the nation".

He said it. Check your tivo. Those were his EXACT words.

And he said this right after UGA scored a TD to extend their lead to 10 points at halftime, over Missouri. At home.
I'm not doubting your post. I just think it's stupid of Greaseball to use the word "unquestionably" as if everyone in the world agrees with him.

Reactions: step.eng69
If Georgia really is "unquestionably #2" then they should be beating Mizzou by 35 at the half like OSU is beating up on Nebraska. Or at least 24 pts like Bama. Mizzou is a basket case.

He just said again- Georgia should be #2 and Washington should be #3. 'Both should be ahead of Penn State'.

The good news is Griese is such a lightweight that his voice carries no weight nationally.

It does, however, give good bulletin board material for the Penn State locker room this week. ;)

Last edited:

And he said this right after UGA scored a TD to extend their lead to 10 points at halftime, over Missouri. At home.

He said unquestionably without a doubt. He also said that Washington should move into the three spot and possibly PSU at 4.

Why would it surprise you that a commentator would say this during a game they are covering? I'm assuming this is during his coverage of the game anyway. How pissed can you actually be about this? Get a grip. They are paid to say these things.

Reactions: SmithtonLion
Why would it surprise you that a commentator would say this during a game they are covering? I'm assuming this is during his coverage of the game anyway. How pissed can you actually be about this? Get a grip. They are paid to say these things.

Grease is doing the USC Utah game.

The more this stuff is repeated, the better.

Doesn't matter a lick. I hope all the Gameday crew pick Michigan. No better way to make sure PSU players know they still have alot to prove. Either Georgia or Alabama are guaranteed to lose a game before the playoff.

If PSU runs the table (a big if - alot of work to do yet) they will not be left behind both of those 2. So let them be hyped to the max.

Reactions: ATLPSU1
The more this stuff is repeated, the better.

Doesn't matter a lick. I hope all the Gameday crew pick Michigan. No better way to make sure PSU players know they still have alot to prove. Either Georgia or Alabama are guaranteed to lose a game before the playoff.

If PSU runs the table (a big if - alot of work to do yet) they will not be left behind both of those 2. So let them be hyped to the max.
I doubt any Gameday crew pick UM, even Desmond

Why would some color commentator go out of his way, on ANOTHER broadcast, to jump not one, but TWO teams ahead of the current team that's in front of them?

It seems like quite a reach.

Reactions: step.eng69
I don't get the love for Georgia....second best team in the weakest conference this year....not sure how winning games in a down conference equals world beaters.

After suffering through Joel Klatt, I suspect he and the media think/want the rankings to look like this:

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Washington
4. TCU
5. Wisconsin
6. Ohio State
7. Penn State

The above standings seem sufficiently “eyeball worthy”. PSU is still viewed as being “really toxic”

Everyone hates us.

Last edited:
I don't get the love for Georgia....second best team in the weakest conference this year....not sure how winning games in a down conference equals world beaters.

After suffering through Joel Klatt, I suspect he and the media think/want the rankings to look like this:

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Washington
4. TCU
5. Wisconsin
6. Ohio State
7. Penn State

The above standings seems sufficiently “eyeball worthy”. PSU is still viewed as being “really toxic”

Everyone hates us.
Seems to pass the “eye test”.

Are you sure it was griese? He's announcing the USC game.
Yes, heard it clearly. It was Griese, commenting after they made a game break, cutting to a Georgia td that made it 31-21 over MIZZOU at halftime.

That right there was good 'nuff for ole Griese. Georgia CLEAR cut #2.

Seems to pass the “eye test”.

51577903.jpg.cf.jpg

Exactly, the guy is clueless. He is butt hurt Michigan will finish 4th in the east this year and he does not want any other big 10 team to have success because that would hurt Michigan.

Reactions: JJTopp99
As noted, Washington is losing 13-0 to ASU.

Then there's the matter of why would a UM grad want his team to play #4/5 and not #2?? Beating #2 gets UM back close to (possibly in) the top 10.

But hey, I'd love it... it would really piss this team off... put that chip back on their shoulder.

UM already has a clear advantage headed into our game... the refs have done their annual version of "see, we penalize michigan too" BS (never occurs vs a power team)... you can bet the ranch it won't happen when we play.

Reactions: Option Bob
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT