ADVERTISEMENT

O.T.: The Greatest theme song in the history of modern sport...

Simply put, the most amazing, beautiful, and iconic fight song. Any sport, any nation, any era ...

You are welcome. 😂
isn't that the theme song for "The Love Boat?"
julie-isaac.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Psugo823
Simply put, the most amazing, beautiful, and iconic fight song. Any sport, any nation, any era ...

You are welcome. 😂
If you did not inform me that that was the Harford Whalers Theme Song, I would have never made the association with the music.

And I'm a Pens fan who remembers the Whalers before they became Hurricanes. Ron Francis Ulfie trade, etc.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
CBS Sports Spectacular Theme circa 1979. This is Fanfare for the common man, performed by Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

Written by Aaron Copeland. Great piece of music

That and the one below are the two best ever. Ode de Joy has been used as the theme of the closing ceremonies of the Olympics for years.

Written by Aaron Copeland. Great piece of music

That and the one below are the two best ever. Ode de Joy has been used as the theme of the closing ceremonies of the Olympics for years.

Off-topic, here's Ode to Joy (Ode an die Freude) in the great final scene from the movie Immortal Beloved. When you consider Beethoven was deaf when he wrote the music to Ode to Joy, it is mind boggling. The end of this Youtube clip mentions that he could not hear the many ovations during the concert, the audience threw hats and handkerchiefs up in the air so he could "see" their enthusiasm...

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I'm not sure why, but when I heard the Whalers song, it reminded me of this. Fast forward to 2 minutes in to get to it. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Woodpecker
Not a theme song for a specific team but classic CBS college football 🏈

I can't find a video of it being used as a sports intro/outro but I seem to remember one of the networks (CBS?) using Fire on High as a theme
That was the first song I thought of and couldn't find a video of the sports intro anywhere. Wasn't it ABCs Wide World of Sports? I seem to remember it ending with track runners coming to the finish line.

Anyone else remember when they used this song to promote the Final Four?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT