ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking: Retherford wins his second consecutive Hodge Trophy

Reactions: diggerpup
I know when we talk, he'll repeat the whole grateful and thankful thing, though with Zain, in fact all our wrestlers, it's honest, from-the-heart stuff. Still, Zain sets himself apart, not in a braggadocio, arrogant, boastful way, but in a self-effacing, modest and humble way...he leads by example.

Two weekends ago after the finals, we talked, and he must've called me sir two or three times. Just the kind of young man he is. Respectful off the mat, and a heck of a wrestler on.

Congrats to Zain, the coaching staff, Zain's family, and Zain's teammates. Awesome stuff.

Although you can make an argument for Ed, I think Zain's win streak and 2 Hodge trophies cement him as the greatest PSU wrestler of all time, which is an incredible accomplishment considering the unbelievable talent PSU has had over the years, not just recently.

I feel privileged to have gotten to follow Zain throughout his career and to have witnessed the greatest wrestler in PSU history.

I know when we talk, he'll repeat the whole grateful and thankful thing, though with Zain, in fact all our wrestlers, it's honest, from-the-heart stuff. Still, Zain sets himself apart, not in a braggadocio, arrogant, boastful way, but in a self-effacing, modest and humble way...he leads by example.

Two weekends ago after the finals, we talked, and he must've called me sir two or three times. Just the kind of young man he is. Respectful off the mat, and a heck of a wrestler on.

Congrats to Zain, the coaching staff, Zain's family, and Zain's teammates. Awesome stuff.

Agreed. In a recent interview a reporter tried to get Zain to discuss whether he could be considered the PSU GOAT. His response suggested he’d never even considered that thought and he quickly turned to praising Ruth, Taylor, and other mentors at PSU. You can’t really teach that level of humility and social grace.

So much for the TOM talking head’s insistence that Gross was the odds-on favorite to win the award yesterday. o_O

That was the talk earlier this season. Nothing official yet from I've seen/heard but I'd be surprised by anything else
Cael said two years ago that he wanted to keep Zain at NLWC after graduation.

That's not official that he's staying, but anything else seems unlikely.

3 Giph news!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The part of that clip that cracks me up, that isn't visible in this gif, is Zain putting his drink on the floor behind a post so it won't get knocked over

Although you can make an argument for Ed, I think Zain's win streak and 2 Hodge trophies cement him as the greatest PSU wrestler of all time, which is an incredible accomplishment considering the unbelievable talent PSU has had over the years, not just recently.

I feel privileged to have gotten to follow Zain throughout his career and to have witnessed the greatest wrestler in PSU history.
you bet.... Ed might have won more if not for DT. Regardless, the reason why PSU fans should be traveling to see these guys! Although not seemingly so lately around PSU, but these feats are amazing. Now on to see Nolf and Bo and witness their last years of indescribable wrestling prowess. I'll have to travel back to the scuffle if we go.

Flooding reports throughout the Midwest are attributed from tears of Hawkeye and Buckeye fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT