ADVERTISEMENT

Bosa and three other players to miss O$U opener against Va Tech

I'm not worried about it. At the end of the day, PSU is still a better school, with smarter kids, more successful alumni, with a better campus in a better state, than most other schools, including in particular OSU. Long-run, those things will always prevail over the "scandal" that looms large in the small minds of old, irrelevant haters and wanna-be's, like you.

Success With Honor lives on.

The Grand Experiment lives on.

Reactions: simons96
oh yeah found it. definitely not a penalty, nope

Screen-Shot-2014-10-26-at-12.43.35-PM.png

Clear "Face-Masking Personal Foul" even if they don't call the head-rip as a PF Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalty. Just like those crack b1g Turd cheating officials, they could have called any of multiple PF Penalties committed upon or QB who is supposed to be the most protected player on the field as per NCAA Player Safety guidance and any intentional blow to the head or neck area of QB is to be called as a PF Penalty but somehow the "unbiased" b1g Turd @ssclown officials miss multiple PF Penalties perpetrated upon PSU QB's head & neck area??? Go figure, must have been a "mechanics breakdown in the Officiating Crew" or some other happy horse$hit excuse that lowlife's & cheater's use.

Last edited:
You're a misinformed idiot. Go ahead and take your national poll of more misinformed idiots. It takes work to know the facts. Most aren't up to the task.

What am I missing ? I thought that an ex-PSU assistant coach is now in jail for his crimes against children. Am I wrong ?
Surprised you hired LJ Sr. as he "must have known" too, n'est ce pas? Or at least he knew per your message boards until UM hired him and then all his supposed sins were cleansed.

Situational ethics are funny that way.

What am I missing ? I thought that an ex-PSU assistant coach is now in jail for his crimes against children. Am I wrong ?

You had me at "EX". I really don't care what an ex-employee did. Are you telling me that no one who has ever been associated with O$U has gone on to commit a crime? How many did O$U alum Jeffrey Dahmer rape/kill? Michael Swango? Culture Problem?

Are you kidding ? To the posters ripping the Buckeyes and Bosa: I would think PSU fans would be the last ones tearing into another school's problems/suspensions. Take an educated guess that if you took a NATIONAL poll on the worst scandal in college/NCAA history who the runaway winner would be ? In fact, just mention Penn State to any sports fan across the country and guess what's the first thought that enters their mind. Ding, Ding, Ding, you got it !

Amazing given that Sandusky's crimes had zippy doo-daa day with NCAA Athletics, NCAA Rules or gaining any kind of advantage on the field of athletic competition -- as a matter of fact, Sandusky's crimes had zippidy-doo-dah-day to do with football or PSU Athletics or Football whatsoever as it relates to NCAA rules, so it would be a little difficult for it to be the biggest NCAA-related scandal??? Sandusky's crimes had to do with his personal life and abuse of a charity and its participants that Sandusky founded for fraudulent reasons and purposes (including financial fraud upon donors) - what any of that has to do with the NCAA only you know.

Reactions: Judge Smails
At Ohio State? Seriously?

Who was the last on-field contributor at OSU who had "academic problems"?

Just as a reminder - T Pryor was an All B1G Academic Selection at OSU. (the selection criteria is based on GPA, not

Just as a reminder - T Pryor was an All B1G Academic Selection at OSU. (the selection criteria is based on GPA, not functional literacy).
Ohio State is graduating it's football players at a 78% rate. You are

Just as a reminder - T Pryor was an All B1G Academic Selection at OSU. (the selection criteria is based on GPA, not functional literacy).
You are speaking in absolutes here. If you don't know the guy then how can you make these statements about him? I don't like Ohio State but I don't have any idea what their players are like. Also Ohio State is graduating their players at a 78% clip. It's not Penn State but not many are. I wonder what the GR's are for the general student body.

Are you kidding ? To the posters ripping the Buckeyes and Bosa: I would think PSU fans would be the last ones tearing into another school's problems/suspensions. Take an educated guess that if you took a NATIONAL poll on the worst scandal in college/NCAA history who the runaway winner would be ? In fact, just mention Penn State to any sports fan across the country and guess what's the first thought that enters their mind. Ding, Ding, Ding, you got it !

Well, its true, we do get associated with Sandusky and there seems to be little we can do about it. That being said, the reason people even cared about the story to begin with is because we are Penn State. A school that does 99 percent of things better than most. A school that graduates players, treats other teams with respect, plays hard on the field, works hard in the classroom. This would not be a story if it happened at a place like say.....Rutgers, because nobody cares and nobody expects you to be anything else than you are. Whether your AD is making terribly offensive comments, your fans are throwing trash at people, you coach throwing balls at players, or people being bullied into suicide it just doesn't permeate anywhere besides East Brunswick. I guess I would rather be great and fall, than to never have reached any heights whatsoever. So go ahead, sling mud, find a modicum of self appreciation for your awful university because of one thing you don't aspire about our University.....sleep well at night knowing this didn't happen at your school and sleep longer knowing even if it did literally nobody would give a sh*t.

Amazing given that Sandusky's crimes had zippy doo-daa day with NCAA Athletics, NCAA Rules or gaining any kind of advantage on the field of athletic competition -- as a matter of fact, Sandusky's crimes had zippidy-doo-dah-day to do with football or PSU Athletics or Football whatsoever as it relates to NCAA rules, so it would be a little difficult for it to be the biggest NCAA-related scandal??? Sandusky's crimes had to do with his personal life and abuse of a charity and its participants that Sandusky founded for fraudulent reasons and purposes (including financial fraud upon donors) - what any of that has to do with the NCAA only you know.
Well the NCAA did back off the sanctions with the knowledge that a prolonged court fight would have exposed them as not having the legal standing to have levied them in the first place.

Only on this board and school would someone consider the rape of young innocent children "less of a big deal." Don't kid yourself, this will stick with PSU forever.

Pennsylvania State University (1) was penalized for the scandal, (2) served their penalty, and (3) served their penalty without publicly complaining about such.

I understand that there are people like you who WANT "this to stick with Penn State forever", but like it or not, that will not happen. That will not happen partially because each of (1), (2) and (3) above is true.

It may take a generation or two, but this will completely recede into the past. Mention Germany or Japan today --- and very very few people think about what those countries leaders did 70-75 years (2-3 generations) ago.

Pennsylvania State University (1) was penalized for the scandal, (2) served their penalty, and (3) served their penalty without publicly complaining about such.

I understand that there are people like you who WANT "this to stick with Penn State forever", but like it or not, that will not happen. That will not happen partially because each of (1), (2) and (3) above is true.

It may take a generation or two, but this will completely recede into the past. Mention Germany or Japan today --- and very very few people think about what those countries leaders did 70-75 years (2-3 generations) ago.
Ten years from now you will rarely hear it mentioned and in twenty you will never hear it.

I have no knowledge of Bosa and his academic record, whether he attends class, or does Ecstasy as suggested here. If it was a failed test for weed, I see this as no big deal, assuming it's a first offense. A relatively minor punishment is warranted, and had been doled out. As far as I'm concerned case closed and this isn't much of a story unless Bosa or the others continue down this path. I see no point in speculating and throwing stones based on rumors. Have we learned nothing as a fan base over the last 4 years?

Ha ha ha. I'd say more but laughing alone puts me at risk of being banned on this board.

Funny thing is, while posters here are certainly very concerned about the leadership of the school and want the jerkoffs out, the "scandal" itself is seeming like less and less of a big deal.

Only on this board and school would someone consider the rape of young innocent children "less of a big deal." Don't kid yourself, this will stick with PSU forever.
I don't agree. In ten years you will rarely hear it and in twenty you will never hear it mentioned. Time has a way of doing that.

Funny thing is, while posters here are certainly very concerned about the leadership of the school and want the jerkoffs out, the "scandal" itself is seeming like less and less of a big deal.
What do you mean Pardlion? Is it the fade factor? What makes you say that?

Ten years from now you will rarely hear it mentioned and in twenty you will never hear it.

I disagree on the exact numbers --- I would go with "25 and 50" as opposed to "10 and 20" because there will be loudmouths like R1950 with a vested interest in resurrecting the issue --- but I agree with the overall sentiment.

Eventually, this generation dies and new generations arise, and both the scandal and Joe Paterno himself will just be footnotes in a history book.

Reactions: Nittany Security
You had me at "EX". I really don't care what an ex-employee did.

You worded that so horribly but I think I agreed with your overall point. Every sane person cared what that ex-PSU employee did.

Still it was on him. The PoS is where he should be and nobody else should have ever had to pay a price for the scum.

I disagree on the exact numbers --- I would go with "25 and 50" as opposed to "10 and 20" because there will be loudmouths like R1950 with a vested interest in resurrecting the issue --- but I agree with the overall sentiment.

Eventually, this generation dies and new generations arise, and both the scandal and Joe Paterno himself will just be footnotes in a history book.

The only "scandal" here is the fact that the NCAA involved themselves in civil/criminal matter that had absolutely nothing to do with PSU Athletics or gaining and advantage on the field of competition which is the only purview the NCAA has. Beyond that, it is utterly over-the-top and "scandalous" that the NCAA inserted themselves into a matter which had nothing to do with the NCAA's purview out of pure unmitigated self-interest, but then the NCAA compounds the disgraceful nature of their actions by FALSELY ACCUSING JVP of things that the Law Enforcement and Prosecutors who investigated the case say have NO BASIS IN REALITY OR ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER THAT THE ACCUSATIONS ARE TRUE! (e.g., they are utterly unsupported, gratuitous, BS accusations made by a self-interested, corrupt, over-reaching NCAA).

You worded that so horribly but I think I agreed with your overall point. Every sane person cared what that ex-PSU employee did.

Still it was on him. The PoS is where he should be and nobody else should have ever had to pay a price for the scum.

"You had me at...." is a common saying in popular culture. I don't remember what crappy movie it was from. Probably not the best choice of words.

[QUOTE ="PSUSignore, post: 351873, member: 176"]I have no knowledge of Bosa and his academic record, whether he attends class, or does Ecstasy as suggested here. If it was a failed test for weed, I see this as no big deal, assuming it's a first offense. A relatively minor punishment is warranted, and had been doled out. As far as I'm concerned case closed and this isn't much of a story unless Bosa or the others continue down this path. I see no point in speculating and throwing stones based on rumors. Have we learned nothing as a fan base over the last 4 years?[/QUOTE]
The guy had more than a 3.0 GPA. It is amazing how quick people are to make negative comments when they really don't know the facts about an individual.

What do you mean Pardlion? Is it the fade factor? What makes you say that?

Yeah, the fade factor is huge. I actually don't think it's 20 or even 10 years like some above are saying. I think its more like 2-4 years and this thing will be ancient history. Society no longer has any attention span or collective memory. Kids who are freshman this year are barely aware of the whole issue, and don't care, because it's an old-guy thing. Yeah, there will be old idiots, for example OSU fans, who have latched on to this whole thing because it helps them overcome their inferiority complex, and who will continue to ignore the slowly-correcting record (sanctions rollback, court cases, truth, etc.). But really, who cares about some old keyboard warrior in Columbus.

Yeah, the fade factor is huge. I actually don't think it's 20 or even 10 years like some above are saying. I think its more like 2-4 years and this thing will be ancient history. Society no longer has any attention span or collective memory. Kids who are freshman this year are barely aware of the whole issue, and don't care, because it's an old-guy thing. Yeah, there will be old idiots, for example OSU fans, who have latched on to this whole thing because it helps them overcome their inferiority complex, and who will continue to ignore the slowly-correcting record (sanctions rollback, court cases, truth, etc.). But really, who cares about some old keyboard warrior in Columbus.

Some, like Pitt fans, will never let it go. Jesus could descend from heaven and proclaim that they are wrong, and they would ignore it. They don't want to know the truth, because the NEED the false narrative. It's just human behavior. Take Tom Brady... He may be completely innocent, I haven't done that much research. All I know is that I don't like him or the Patriots, and that makes it fun to call him a cheater. The difference is, I can freely admit what my opinion is based on, and that it may not be accurate. I won't go on a Patriots message board to argue about something I admittedly don't know that much about.

It is true, not everybody plays with the choirboy-like virtue of the Nittany Lion kids like young Brandon Bell...this is rich. I love the knee in the back after the obvious eyegouge......what a sweetheart. How many games did he sit out?

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/ohio...-gouge-ohio-states-j-t-barrett-saturday-night

The article says "but it’s hard to tell exactly what happened."

It's always the same with you buckeyes. You try to compare something that might have happened (eye gouge) with something that did happen (helmet getting ripped off). It's just like when you try to compare blatantly bad calls with questionable calls. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Did I call it or did I call it? As Coolestfish stated, it was probably Ecstasy, but the O$U athletic department will make sure it's 'weed.'

Ah yes, as I recall your logic was that since he enjoyed listening to EDM, just like every other college-aged kid in the world, he must be doing ecstasy......makes perfect sense. Well done

It's always the same with you buckeyes. You try to compare something that might have happened (eye gouge) with something that did happen (helmet getting ripped off). It's just like when you try to compare blatantly bad calls with questionable calls. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

It's really not hard to tell what happened.....in fact it's quite clear. I'd love to hear your version of why he digs his fingers into JT's grill as he's laying helpless in the pile and the knee in the back on the way out....I don't suppose that his intentions are quite up to the "success with honor' standard? Just step up and admit it, it was a punk move. How many games did he sit out?

It is true, not everybody plays with the choirboy-like virtue of the Nittany Lion kids like young Brandon Bell...this is rich. I love the knee in the back after the obvious eyegouge......what a sweetheart. How many games did he sit out?

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/ohio...-gouge-ohio-states-j-t-barrett-saturday-night

AH --- the eye gouge. The obvious (to use your word) eye gouge.

If this was such an "obvious" eye gouge, can you provide a link to where ANY Ohio State player or coach EVER complained about such?

If this was such an "obvious" eye gouge, why did Urban Meyer and Ohio State not complain to the B1G office following the game?

Perhaps there is a less "sinister" explanation. Note that the whistle doesn't even below until Bell touches Barrett's helmet. Perhaps he's just making sure he is down?

If you look at the whole game video (link below, the play happens at the 40:25 mark), Barrett and his teammates show no ill effect or obvious anger in the seconds immediately following this "obvious" eye gouge. That behavior is not really consistent with a player who was just "obviously" eye gouged.

Last edited:
AH --- the eye gouge.

If this was such an "obvious" eye gouge, can you show where ANY Ohio State player or coach EVER complained about such?

Denial is a great thing......don't be ridiculous. It's clear that it was an obvious eyegouge.....you have an alternative version of his intent with thrusting his hands in JT's grill? Perhaps a gentle stroke on the cheek perhaps just prior to a friendly knee in the back on the way out? We'll leave the complaining and constant whining to others with perhaps a greater need for excuses based upon results on the field......

Denial is a great thing......don't be ridiculous. It's clear that it was an obvious eyegouge.....you have an alternative version of his intent with thrusting his hands in JT's grill? Perhaps a gentle stroke on the cheek perhaps just prior to a friendly knee in the back on the way out? We'll leave the complaining and constant whining to others with perhaps a greater need for excuses based upon results on the field......

Again, why did Ohio State and/or Urban Meyer not formally complain about this incident? Please answer that question.

As I'm sure you know, in 2012 (when Urban Meyer was coach, of course) Ohio State sent a video to B1G offices as regards as eye gouging incident against OSU in your game against Michigan State.

In 2003, there were plenty of comments (that I can readily link to, if you would like) from Barry Alvarez as regards a different incident.

I agree, eye gouging is awful behavior, and it should be punished.

Last edited:
It's really not hard to tell what happened.....in fact it's quite clear. I'd love to hear your version of why he digs his fingers into JT's grill as he's laying helpless in the pile and the knee in the back on the way out....I don't suppose that his intentions are quite up to the "success with honor' standard? Just step up and admit it, it was a punk move. How many games did he sit out?

If it is so obvious, why does the site question whether or not it happened?

Again, why did Ohio State and/or Urban Meyer not formally complain about this incident? Please answer that question.

In 2003, there were plenty of comments (that I can readily link to, if you would like) from Barry Alvarez as regards a different eye-gouging incident.

I agree, eye gouging is awful behavior, and it should be punished.

If you believe it happened... the last thing that O$U wanted to do after that game was draw any extra attention to the officiating in that game. Who cares about an alleged eye gouge when the refs hand you the win?

Also consider that the same article also says you could make a case that PSU might have been more impacted by the officiating when all viewers outside of zero-integrity, zero-principles homerville otherwise known as the "traditional b1g Turd region" including the announcers know for certain that PSU was intentionally and repeatedly jobbed by the homer b1g Turd officials because it was patently obvious to anyone who watched the game! There was no "maybes" about it as has been well documented including by this lame-o bushleague's own Press Release admitting the multiple game-changing errors that impacted the outcome of the game all of which worked in the favor of tO$U - go figure!?!?

Besides the fact that article states that it is hard to tell what happened, there is always the possibility that an eye-gouge is accidental. That sort of thing happens, unfortunately. Football is a physical game. However, a head-twist like what bosa did to Hackenberg is blatant. That was not an unintended end to an otherwise normal football move.

That being said, the reason people even cared about the story to begin with is because we are Penn State.

Or better yet, maybe people cared about it is that children were raped. Un-effing believable !

That being said, the reason people even cared about the story to begin with is because we are Penn State.

Or better yet, maybe people cared about it is that children were raped. Un-effing believable !

What about the University of Montana football case? Young women raped, football players accused of the rape, University administrators accused of covering up the rapes, the Department of Education and the Department of Justice and the NCAA are involved in things.

Do you care about the Montana case as much as the Penn State case?

It is what it is. If this PSU scandal had occurred at Shawnee State or Akron or Cincinnati or Montana, you wouldn't care as much.

And that's fine. It's also fine to admit that.

Reactions: ram2020
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT