ADVERTISEMENT

Bosa and three other players to miss O$U opener against Va Tech

That being said, the reason people even cared about the story to begin with is because we are Penn State.

Or better yet, maybe people cared about it is that children were raped. Un-effing believable !

The hallmark of someone who doesn't know the first thing about the Sandusky case is the use of the word "rape". Of course, if you understood why, you wouldn't have made such an ignorant comment.

PSU is not responsible for the crimes of an ex-employee. Obviously you believe otherwise. Which victims specifically were raped as a result of Penn State? Please provide your sources, not opinion. You are so confident about your opinion, this should be pretty easy for you.

Oh
That being said, the reason people even cared about the story to begin with is because we are Penn State.

Or better yet, maybe people cared about it is that children were raped. Un-effing believable !

Oh, you're right, people care about children being raped for sure, but they REALLY cared when it happened at PSU. You can't be that naive to think the fact it happened at PSU had nothing to do with it.1/4 people in this country are sexually abused in their lifetime, look at the list of registered sex offenders in your town(especially your town) you'll find hundreds. This is a majr major problem, but nobody has sp anytime on it until it happened at penn state, and now everyone is going back to ignoring it. Can I ask sir? How much have you personally done for victims of sex abuse? How much studying have you done about the topic? Is literally 99% of your reading, knowladge base, and care related to penn state? I thought so. So if you feel so indignant about the topic, do something...anything, besides sling mud and realize that it's really not a penn state problem, but rather a societal issue. And again, we would care about this victims if this happened at Rutgers, but literally that's it. It would be no more of a story than it is when a child is sexually abused anywhere else in this country.

Ohio State is graduating it's football players at a 78% rate. You are
You are speaking in absolutes here. If you don't know the guy then how can you make these statements about him? I don't like Ohio State but I don't have any idea what their players are like. Also Ohio State is graduating their players at a 78% clip. It's not Penn State but not many are. I wonder what the GR's are for the general student body.
LOL

OSU could graduate 110% of their players.....all with 4.0....and it wouldn't necessarily mean a thing.

Grad Rates / All Conference Academic Teams / GPAs........in and of themselves - clearly - don't mean a thing anymore.

How where the grades for all those kids taking AAS at UNC?
Pryor an Academic All B1G?
Illiterate kids matriculating through Okie State?
80%..90%..of the kids at Michigan being funneled into the same college?
Hell, Georgia Tech - a pretty well-respected school - created an entirely separate academic unit to place their "student-athletes" into....since it was clear they could not fit into their overall student population.

Really?

Certainly (hopefully?) not every program whitewashes the academic stuff......but unless you've got your head in the sand, it is clear that A LOT of programs do. At many (most?) programs the Diploma / Academic Honors of their $$$$ student athletes are not worth the paper they are printed on.

In most cases, it has become just another PR item to be manipulated......"See Mom and Dad - we've got more All Academic honorees than any other school....we graduate 80% of our students" LOL

I do think there are still programs where the academic work of the $$$ student-athletes means something. I hope that is the case at PSU (and I think - for the most part - it is). But that is certainly not the standard anymore.

Oh

Oh, you're right, people care about children being raped for sure, but they REALLY cared when it happened at PSU.

Some people care about children being raped. Other people, like the Buckeye troll on this thread actually don't care. They just like to say "child rape" because they feel like it gives them some kind of moral superiority and is an argument-ender. It doesn't prove that they "care," though. In fact, to the contrary, a person who cared about the issue would have a much more nuanced and thoughtful approach. Therefore, the use by Buckeye troll and others like him of this specious line of argument is proof of nothing more than their own selfishness and ignorance.

And please respond to my entire statement, don't just take out one sentence, not provided with any content and make it look more inflammatory than it is. Original statement:

"Well, its true, we do get associated with Sandusky and there seems to be little we can do about it. That being said, the reason people even cared about the story to begin with is because we are Penn State. A school that does 99 percent of things better than most. A school that graduates players, treats other teams with respect, plays hard on the field, works hard in the classroom. This would not be a story if it happened at a place like say.....Rutgers, because nobody cares and nobody expects you to be anything else than you are. Whether your AD is making terribly offensive comments, your fans are throwing trash at people, you coach throwing balls at players, or people being bullied into suicide it just doesn't permeate anywhere besides East Brunswick. I guess I would rather be great and fall, than to never have reached any heights whatsoever. So go ahead, sling mud, find a modicum of self appreciation for your awful university because of one thing you don't aspire about our University.....sleep well at night knowing this didn't happen at your school and sleep longer knowing even if it did literally nobody would give a sh*t."

"I have no knowledge of Bosa and his academic record, whether he attends class, or does Ecstasy as suggested here. If it was a failed test for weed, I see this as no big deal, assuming it's a first offense. A relatively minor punishment is warranted, and had been doled out. As far as I'm concerned case closed and this isn't much of a story unless Bosa or the others continue down this path. I see no point in speculating and throwing stones based on rumors. Have we learned nothing as a fan base over the last 4 years?"

My point exactly. Other fan bases might forget the Sandusky crap if the PSU fans wouldn't rip and tear into every little issue that pops up with other programs - especially big brother OSU (2014 NC).

"I have no knowledge of Bosa and his academic record, whether he attends class, or does Ecstasy as suggested here. If it was a failed test for weed, I see this as no big deal, assuming it's a first offense. A relatively minor punishment is warranted, and had been doled out. As far as I'm concerned case closed and this isn't much of a story unless Bosa or the others continue down this path. I see no point in speculating and throwing stones based on rumors. Have we learned nothing as a fan base over the last 4 years?"

My point exactly. Other fan bases might forget the Sandusky crap if the PSU fans wouldn't rip and tear into every little issue that pops up with other programs - especially big brother OSU (2014 NC*).

FIFY, there should be an asterisk since OSU should have lost to Penn State. Big brother sure needed a lot of help to win that game!

My point exactly. Other fan bases might forget the Sandusky crap if the PSU fans wouldn't rip and tear into every little issue that pops up with other programs - especially big brother OSU (2014 NC).

You already said earlier in this thread that the PSU/Sandusky relationship would NEVER (your word) be forgotten.

NEVER.

Let's be blunt: you can say that "I'm only acting this way because you guys are acting the way you are." But that's not true. It doesn't matter what Penn State or PSU fans do --- you used the word "never." YOUR mind is already made up that this will NEVER (again, your word) be forgotten.

Again, why did Ohio State and/or Urban Meyer not formally complain about this incident? Please answer that question.

As I'm sure you know, in 2012 (when Urban Meyer was coach, of course) Ohio State sent a video to B1G offices as regards as eye gouging incident against OSU in your game against Michigan State.

In 2003, there were plenty of comments (that I can readily link to, if you would like) from Barry Alvarez as regards a different incident.

I agree, eye gouging is awful behavior, and it should be punished.

Glad you brought up the Sorgi incident.....it highlights the clear contrast in how classless behavior is addressed.

12 years ago, 2003 OSU LB Robert Reynolds was shown on national television replays choking Badger QB Jim Sorgi on the ground after a play. The very next day, Reynolds called Sorgi and Alvarez and offered his personal apology to them, issued a press release offering a public apology to all for his classless behavior and was suspended from playing in the next game. Quite a contrast to how Franklin and PSU have handled the Bell incident.....no phone call, no apology, no suspension. But what we do hear is just classic denial on the part of PSU fans in the face of compelling evidence in the hope that if you deny it's existence long enough, the facts will change.....well no, no they won't.

That kid has no business being in college, much less having the privilege of representing the school in public.....didn't I read that right, isn't that the view here on this board, the kid has no business in college?

Glad you brought up the Sorgi incident.....it highlights the clear contrast in how classless behavior is addressed.

12 years ago, 2003 OSU LB Robert Reynolds was shown on national television replays choking Badger QB Jim Sorgi on the ground after a play. The very next day, Reynolds called Sorgi and Alvarez and offered his personal apology to them, issued a press release offering a public apology to all for his classless behavior and was suspended from playing in the next game. Quite a contrast to how Franklin and PSU have handled the Bell incident.....no phone call, no apology, no suspension. But what we do hear is just classic denial on the part of PSU fans in the face of compelling evidence in the hope that if you deny it's existence long enough, the facts will change.....well no, no they won't.

That kid has no business being in college, much less having the privilege of representing the school in public.....didn't I read that right, isn't that the view here on this board, the kid has no business in college?

YET AGAIN --- you avoided my question.

Why did Urban Meyer and/or Ohio State not formally complain to the B1G about this "obvious" (to use your word) incident? Urban Meyer has a history of reporting eye gouges to the B1G offices --- reference the 2012 Michigan State game (Jack Allen being the offending MSU player).

As for your question, "him having no business in college" is not my personal opinion. Bosa is fine at Ohio State, I have no issues w/ him.

Reactions: marisa45
Some people care about children being raped. Other people, like the Buckeye troll on this thread actually don't care. They just like to say "child rape" because they feel like it gives them some kind of moral superiority and is an argument-ender. It doesn't prove that they "care," though. In fact, to the contrary, a person who cared about the issue would have a much more nuanced and thoughtful approach. Therefore, the use by Buckeye troll and others like him of this specious line of argument is proof of nothing more than their own selfishness and ignorance.

Of course. The vast majority of non-Penn Staters posting on this board about sandusky since 2011 have only bashed Penn State, bashed Joe, made shower jokes, etc. They don't care about the victims. If they did, they would spend time trying to understand the facts and would care that Joe, Curley, Schultz, Spanier, the football program, and the university were made scapegoats, while the second mile, cys, and dpw, which were actually responsible for these children and for putting them in contact with sandusky, have gone unscathed. They would care that Joe was praised by the Office of the Attorney General in 2011 for his actions and that one of sandusky's prosecuting attorneys said in 2013 that he found no evidence that Joe was involved in a cover-up. They would care that the ncaa's guidelines on dealing with allegations of sexual abuse, issued in 2014, assert that one in Joe's position should do exactly what Joe did, nothing more and nothing less.

Few people care about the victims. Few people care about the facts. Few people care about the truth. They just care about making Joe and Penn State a punch line. It makes them feel better about their team.

Apples and oranges, one definitely happened, one (per your article) might have happened. But since you bring it up, the helmet rip definitely happened, explain the lack or response from O$U.

What exactly is a "Bosa type" kid and why is it that you deem them not "COLLEGE" types?

Because he is not, BUT he can play football, and that is all that matters, especially at OSU. Actually, I have no problem with OSU taking these kids, every kid should get a chance at something. Without the OSUs of the world where would these kids get to go to have a shot at the NFL?? THAT is my point.
Look at Kentucky BB ??? You think if the NBA did not require "one" year of "college" any of these kids would go to college ????

Apples and oranges, one definitely happened, one (per your article) might have happened. But since you bring it up, the helmet rip definitely happened, explain the lack or response from O$U.

Yea, I thought douche-bag here said that tO$U always issues public apologies on clearly dirty plays....blah, blah, blah....that's how we handle things at tO$U "cuz we be so classy and all that BS you know.....". Gee, but I don't remember every reading about an apology here where Bosa committed TWO clearly dirty Personal Fouls after PSU's QB was laying on the ground on his back with people laying on top of him (e.g., defenseless!) - 'ole classy Bosa proceeded to TWIST his head via his helmet while also ripping the helmet off AND clearly not only grabbed Hack's facemask but then used it to leverage his torquing, BOTH CLEAR PERSONAL FOULS AND RECOGNIZED DIRTY PLAYS. But no "public apology" and press release to Hack and PSU as "classy tO$U always handles such things"??? LMFAO at how lame this douche is and how sadly typical he is of your average b1g turd conference bushleague homer blowhard (notice how what we're supposed to learn from this clearly dirty and clearly documented play by Bosa is that tO$U is the "classiest team in the country" regarding the handling of dirty plays??? LMFAO at how lame these homer douche-bag fans in this bushleague conference are....always "were the greatest" or we'll come up with a rationalization and obfuscation to the original topic to claim we are....blah, blah, blah. Yea, that's just "pure class" - I doubt they even have a Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary on the tO$U campus to look such a thing up and even if they did most of these neanderthals couldn't read it or understand it).

OSU is not doing anything wrong, they are following all the rules. I have no problem with that, given the current corrupt $$$$ system, giving these kids a chance to get a job in their chosen vocation (the NFL) is a good thing. Where else can a kid like this go??

The "problem" is confusing "College" with "vocational training".

To be fair PSU "tries" to be a little more "college" but we are not Northwestern and NW in not Harvard.

One needs to look no further than Kentucky BB to see the corruption. If BB had a TRUE minor league how many Kentucky recruits would choose "college".

Maybe, just maybe as "college" football continues to become more of a "business only" some changes will occur. Although you can never predict how courts will rule, since that appears to be the only change agent.

Because he is not, BUT he can play football, and that is all that matters, especially at OSU. Actually, I have no problem with OSU taking these kids, every kid should get a chance at something. Without the OSUs of the world where would these kids get to go to have a shot at the NFL?? THAT is my point.
Look at Kentucky BB ??? You think if the NBA did not require "one" year of "college" any of these kids would go to college ????

Laughable at best.....the implication you make is that PSU would not have welcomed
Bosa had he desired to play in State College. What utter nonsense......the staff, players, alums and fans of PSU would have salivated at the very thought. Further, had he chosen to play here he would be revered and his every action, inappropriate or not, would find a defender. Hell, this board is defending the thug Bell caught on video pulling a punk move and shockingly for some, former assistants convicted of far worse. Why even make such a foolish statement, it only makes you look silly.....you guys are your own worst enemy at times.....this being one of them.

Denial, denial, denial......anybody with a set of eyes and the capability of rational thought can see what Bell did.....Reynolds was forced to apologize personally to Sorgi and Alvarez, issue a public apology to the University and its fans for the embarrassment he caused and was suspended immediately.......the Bell kid.....not so much. Perhaps the difference being PSU and their fans are not embarrassed by the young punks actions? Do you condone the behaviors that he exhibited, now witnessed by millions??

It is 4:09 p.m. I. AM. STILL. OUTRAGED. :eek:

Last edited:
Laughable at best.....the implication you make is that PSU would not have welcomed
Bosa had he desired to play in State College. What utter nonsense......the staff, players, alums and fans of PSU would have salivated at the very thought. Further, had he chosen to play here he would be revered and his every action, inappropriate or not, would find a defender. Hell, this board is defending the thug Bell caught on video pulling a punk move and shockingly for some, former assistants convicted of far worse. Why even make such a foolish statement, it only makes you look silly.....you guys are your own worst enemy at times.....this being one of them.

OSU is well OSU. They are who they are. As we are who WE ARE :)

Denial, denial, denial......anybody with a set of eyes and the capability of rational thought can see what Bell did.....Reynolds was forced to apologize personally to Sorgi and Alvarez, issue a public apology to the University and its fans for the embarrassment he caused and was suspended immediately.......the Bell kid.....not so much. Perhaps the difference being PSU and their fans are not embarrassed by the young punks actions? Do you condone the behaviors that he exhibited, now witnessed by millions??

You've diagnosed your own behavior well... denial, denial, denial. Where was the apology for ripping off Hack's helmet? Are you not embarrassed by the young punks actions? Do you condone the behaviors that he exhibited, now witnessed by millions??

As for Bell, more denial from you. Your own link questions whether it happened. Yet we know for sure that the helmet rip happened.

Ohio State is the most insecure national championship fan base ever. The simple fact that you are here shows you have a problem. I guess I would be insecure too if I my team only made the playoff because of some of the most blatant ref cheating ever.

Last edited:
You've diagnosed your own behavior well... denial, denial, denial. Where was the apology for ripping off Hack's helmet? Are you not embarrassed by the young punks actions? Do you condone the behaviors that he exhibited, now witnessed by millions??

As for Bell, more denial from you. Your own link questions whether it happened. Yet we know for sure that the helmet rip happened.

Ohio State is the most insecure national championship fan base ever. The simple fact that you are here shows you have a problem. I guess I would be insecure too if I my team only made the playoff because of some of the most blatant ref cheating ever.

Not a single holding call in conference last year. Ridiculous.

Reactions: simons96
Is that true? That's gratuitous homerism.

It's even worse than you think.....in addition, neither the Pac12 officials in the Sugar Bowl nor the Big12 officials in the National Championship game called a holding penalty either......it's not homerism, it's not regional, it's much more sinister than even that........its a vast nationwide conspiracy of epic proportion certain to rock the very foundations of the game.....oh the horror

It's even worse than you think.....in addition, neither the Pac12 officials in the Sugar Bowl nor the Big12 officials in the National Championship game called a holding penalty either......it's not homerism, it's not regional, it's much more sinister than even that........its a vast nationwide conspiracy of epic proportion certain to rock the very foundations of the game.....oh the horror

Let me guess, the Pac12 and Big12 Officials also have a rule that Delay of Game should be called on all teams except for tO$U, that incomplete passes that bounce on the ground are incomplete unless it's tO$U is on defense and a tO$U defender catches it on one bounce, then it's an "Interception" (Ditto for when tO$U is on offense, a bit like ping-pong, a reception includes anything caught on one bounce, but this rule only applies to tO$U - just ask Matt Hartsock or is it "suck"?) and finally, they have a rule that if all else fails, simply making penalties up that favor tO$U such as calling "Leaping" when videotape clearly demonstrates no such thing happened is within the rules especially if it means that tO$U will only have to start from the 10 Yard Line in OT rather than the 25 Yard Line.

in defense of tbux . . . I have a few Buckeye friends here in Dallas, and they are nowhere near the ignorant a-hole he is.

in defense of tbux . . . I have a few Buckeye friends here in Dallas, and they are nowhere near the ignorant a-hole he is.

You forgot insecure. I wonder if he just monitors this board because of what the world saw that night in Beaver Stadium, or if he monitors other boards too?

The mouth breathers in that fan base think problems elsewhere automatically absolve their quintessential football factory of its own issues (e.g. abysmal grad rates for African-American revenue sport athletes, $100 handshakes, jersey-wearing loudmouths harassing opposing fans, etc).

Guess what - they don't. In a decade, Sandusky is a memory; in a decade, the Bucks will still be pumping out scholar athletes like Reggie Germany.

You forgot insecure. I wonder if he just monitors this board because of what the world saw that night in Beaver Stadium, or if he monitors other boards too?
He's part of their Rapid Reaction Email Force - their response speed is uncanny. They are like Putin-Bots on World News message boards

Sunday morning, 10:38 a.m. Thinking about the Tosu football-first culture, I. AM. OUTRAGED. :eek:

seo-scorched-earth.jpg

Not at all fellas.....I've been coming around here for a long, long time - almost 8 years now I guess. My wife is a PSU alum and I've been a fan of your boys for years. It's football time, a fun time to peruse the message boards of some of our rivals, get a sense of what they're talking about and if they are so inclined, engage in civil chat......the manner in which you demonize your opponents apparently in some misguided attempt to make you feel better about yourselves in comparison makes that very difficult......mercifully, not all opposition boards are quite up to your level of butt-hurt induced vitriol and civil, adult conversation can actually take place.....here, not so much And that's too bad

Not at all fellas.....I've been coming around here for a long, long time - almost 8 years now I guess. My wife is a PSU alum and I've been a fan of your boys for years. It's football time, a fun time to peruse the message boards of some of our rivals, get a sense of what they're talking about and if they are so inclined, engage in civil chat......the manner in which you demonize your opponents apparently in some misguided attempt to make you feel better about yourselves in comparison makes that very difficult......mercifully, not all opposition boards are quite up to your level of butt-hurt induced vitriol and civil, adult conversation can actually take place.....here, not so much And that's too bad

OK, you are correct it is almost football time and after all it is a game. The only POINT is we are different types of programs. I did not say we were better just different. Interpret that as you will.

Rather amusing that you are on a PSU board with your rationalizing behavior for the b1g turds and tO$U's zero-integrity, zero-honor behavior.....it isn't PSU fans on tO$U's board dipstick! Funny how you lectured us about how "classy" tO$U is in typical b1g turd self-serving fashion and how tO$U players always issue public apologies for their reprehensible behavior, but there never was any such behavior who committed TWO CLEAR PERSONAL FOUL CHEAP SHOTS on PSU's QB who was laying defenseless on his back with a mass of people covering his arms. Yea, you're right again tO$U moron, the ORIGINAL TOPIC of this thread shows the TRUE CHARACTER of Bosa and tO$U and it isn't "classy" by anybody's definition, let alone "classiest in the country" behavior, nor would anyone brag about it and label it as "classy" (again, let alone "classiest in the country") except a dipstick like you on this board as a GUEST (more of that ever "classy" tO$U fan behavior).

Last edited:

Says the bitter little troll who constantly trolls our message board to stir up trouble, especially if anyone points out the truth about his precious team. I get it, Ohio sucks, there is nothing good there... and cheering for that local team makes your shift at McDonald's not seem so bad.

Point is, no one wants you here stirring up trouble, then blaming us for your immature actions.

OK, you are correct it is almost football time and after all it is a game. The only POINT is we are different types of programs. I did not say we were better just different. Interpret that as you will.

On that point we can agree.....looking forward to coming back and actually discussing the upcoming football season if there is any subset of you that wants to engage fans from opposing schools in a civil discussion. If there are any like-minded fans around here, feel free to reach out. I guess we'll have to wait and see......as for the rest of you, carry on

You had me at "EX". I really don't care what an ex-employee did. Are you telling me that no one who has ever been associated with O$U has gone on to commit a crime? How many did O$U alum Jeffrey Dahmer rape/kill? Michael Swango? Culture Problem?

Child predators live in every community, including OSU. For anyone to continually point to PSU as an example of a hidden child abuser is to ignore the reality of this epidemic.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...yee-charged-with-having-sex-with-a-minor.html

I live just outside of Columbus. I have many wonderful Buckeye lovin' friends and we can all enjoy game day with nothing more than some good hearted smack talk. But PLEASE do not suggest that anyone on this board demonizes opponents more than any other fan base, certainly not more than those who wear scarlet and gray. That would simply be absurd.

Child predators live in every community, including OSU. For anyone to continually point to PSU as an example of a hidden child abuser is to ignore the reality of this epidemic.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...yee-charged-with-having-sex-with-a-minor.html

The only reason Penn State has been targeted is that the bot, then the media, and then freeh tried to implicate JoePa, the big name. Of course, this narrative with respect to JoePa has been shown to be false, but idiots out there can't accept that. They still like the idea of JoePa's legacy being destroyed even though he followed the law and was no way involved in a cover-up. It still hasn't been proven that anyone at Penn State was involved in a cover-up.

Reactions: pandaczar12
I live just outside of Columbus. I have many wonderful Buckeye lovin' friends and we can all enjoy game day with nothing more than some good hearted smack talk. But PLEASE do not suggest that anyone on this board demonizes opponents more than any other fan base, certainly not more than those who wear scarlet and gray. That would simply be absurd.

I appreciate the sentiment.....I can only speak from my own experience and that which is evident on this board. Is that what you call good hearted smack talk? Clearly our experiences differ and that's ok.....In my experience, this board of late makes it more difficult to enjoy reasonable conversation than many. That's not absurd, just an observation......and it just doesn't have to be that way, unless of course that is your intent

ADVERTISEMENT