ADVERTISEMENT

Bosa and three other players to miss O$U opener against Va Tech

School just announced here in Columbus!

Joey Bosa, Jalin Marshall, Dontre Wilson, and Corey Smith suspended

I have always felt that Bosa is one of the guys who would be a poster child for an NFL "D League".

Kid certainly is a wickedly athletically gifted DE......who never had any business being paraded out as a "student-athlete". If he were in some "D League" type set up, no one would care if he "got busted for weed" (assuming that is more or less the story here). Quite frankly, no one really should care, and they only DO care because these guys are forced to "pose" as something they are not.
What they are - simply - are young, athletically gifted kids hoping to get a shot at pro ball. Period.

So many of these guys would just be better served if the NFL were forced to set up (and fund) their own minor league system.......just reduce the hypocrisy.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
I have always felt that Bosa is one of the guys who would be a poster child for an NFL "D League".

Kid certainly is a wickedly athletically gifted DE......who never had any business being paraded out as a "student-athlete". If he were in some "D League" type set up, no one would care if he "got busted for weed" (assuming that is more or less the story here). Quite frankly, no one really should care, and they only DO care because these guys are forced to "pose" as something they are not.
What they are - simply - are young, athletically gifted kids hoping to get a shot at pro ball. Period.

So many of these guys would just be better served if the NFL were forced to set up (and fund) their own minor league system.......just reduce the hypocrisy.
Well if college is too much for them, they could always work on their game in the several semi-pro leagues or in Canada. Please stop with the "they are forced" to go to school or pose as something they are not.

Reactions: A2Nit
Well if college is too much for them, they could always work on their game in the several semi-pro leagues or in Canada. Please stop with the "they are forced" to go to school or pose as something they are not.
Well, you can talk about "semi-pro" leagues, but until there is a legitimate developmental league (aside from the numerous "college" programs that are - in fact - developmental leagues) there really are not any reasonable alternatives.

And - so long as we have programs run by the likes of Urby (and MOST other D1 Head Coaches) - they are certainly not required to be anything other than posers.....and masquerading within a "college" program will remain - by far - the best option for these young, developing athletes.

So.....why would it surprise anyone that D1 $$$$ sports are overwhelmed by posers?

who.. me?? what'd i do??

why do i get the feeling this has been a lifelong gesture for this guy...

c.j.-brown-joey-bosa-ncaa-football-ohio-state-maryland-850x560.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: step.eng69

Obviously college is not "too much for them". They live the good life in college, maybe get a free degree if they want one, become stars, and then cash in on draft day. There is a reason you pretty much never hear of kids skipping the college route. You can deny it if you want, but for many programs, college IS the D-league and it works just fine for these kids. So they miss a game because they got caught smoking pot... you think that is enough for them and future players like them to pass on college and try to make the NFL without it? no chance.

They might not be "forced" to go to school, but let me honest here... it's BY FAR the best option and they would be taking a huge risk by choosing to forgo that.

didn't Bosa take a cheap shot on Hack last year?

believe there was more than one (including the ankle roll up the announcers tried to brush off as bosa holding back and showing good sportsmanship... helping each other up bs).. best one was the head rip which dislodged Hack's helmet.. luckily, his head wasn't still in it.

Reactions: step.eng69
believe there was more than one (including the ankle roll up the announcers tried to brush off as bosa holding back and showing good sportsmanship... helping each other up bs).. best one was the head rip which dislodged Hack's helmet.. luckily, his head wasn't still in it.
Bosa is a punk. Hell of a player, but a punk.

Never belonged in "college".

Period.

Is Bosa a guy that has had academic problems?

And the NFL drug policy wouldn't pose a problem?

oh yeah found it. definitely not a penalty, nope

Screen-Shot-2014-10-26-at-12.43.35-PM.png

You silly nitters and your conspiracy theories. You see what you want to see. That is clearly not a penalty. Calls even out. Good teams overcome bad calls. How do you expect an officiating crew that can't see a clock hit zero 4 seconds before the snap, to see this? It was a bang-bang play, and you can't review a penalty. Even if you could the replay feed likely would have been lost.

No co-eds in those semi-pro leagues.

Didn't Noah Spence get released from tO$U for the same thing last year?

Thanks for stopping by.

Been stopping by for years......happy to do it!
Best of luck to your Nits this year on the road back to where they belong....looking forward to hearing Coach Franklin tomorrow at B1G Media Day

You silly nitters and your conspiracy theories. You see what you want to see. That is clearly not a penalty. Calls even out. Good teams overcome bad calls. How do you expect an officiating crew that can't see a clock hit zero 4 seconds before the snap, to see this? It was a bang-bang play, and you can't review a penalty. Even if you could the replay feed likely would have been lost.

well yes, in this one split second snapshot that is not a penalty. however, when you roll the tape you see he continues this leveraging to the obvious outcome -- hack's helmet sans head ripping free...

now, that might not be a penalty somewhere but i'm pretty sure it qualifies as a personal foul in the football world as such (not to mention the civilized world)... it works nicely against enemies of state and in the gang world, though. all of which is hardly the point.. the kid is a great player, but just about every game he's taking a serious cheap shot at somebody.

Well, you can talk about "semi-pro" leagues, but until there is a legitimate developmental league (aside from the numerous "college" programs that are - in fact - developmental leagues) there really are not any reasonable alternatives.

And - so long as we have programs run by the likes of Urby (and MOST other D1 Head Coaches) - they are certainly not required to be anything other than posers.....and masquerading within a "college" program will remain - by far - the best option for these young, developing athletes.

So.....why would it surprise anyone that D1 $$$$ sports are overwhelmed by posers?

Until the NFL and the NBA "create" true minor leagues such as MLB we will always see the Bosa type kids and the Shady McCoys. Kids that are not COLLEGE "types". I DO NOT blame these kids. What other shot do these kids get to play pro sports? Baseball is the best model as of now.
We are actually getting closer to a minor league model as more and more money is given to athletes in college. NO not under the table money but the new "cost of attendance model". How long before they share in a portion of gate receipts and TV money?
What I'm saying is the WHOLE system is corrupt because of greed and $$$$$$$
Oops, did not mean to attack the U.S. Government :) (that is an attempt at humor)

Reactions: bjf1984
School just announced here in Columbus!

Joey Bosa, Jalin Marshall, Dontre Wilson, and Corey Smith suspended

Weed? What's the big deal?

"Chicks, party..."

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I think that people need a second chance, and I've always looked up to Mike Vick, and I always will."

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS."

Until the NFL and the NBA "create" true minor leagues such as MLB we will always see the Bosa type kids and the Shady McCoys. Kids that are not COLLEGE "types".

What exactly is a "Bosa type" kid and why is it that you deem them not "COLLEGE" types?

well yes, in this one split second snapshot that is not a penalty. however, when you roll the tape you see he continues this leveraging to the obvious outcome -- hack's helmet sans head ripping free...

now, that might not be a penalty somewhere but i'm pretty sure it qualifies as a personal foul in the football world as such (not to mention the civilized world)... it works nicely against enemies of state and in the gang world, though. all of which is hardly the point.. the kid is a great player, but just about every game he's taking a serious cheap shot at somebody.
Panda was facetiously quoting the Big 10 Ref Defending Hymnal verbatim I believe. Most of us know it by heart - we hear it every year after Dave Witvoet comes to town and carpet bombs us with his incompetence.

Reactions: pandaczar12
Weed? What's the big deal?

"Chicks, party..."

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I think that people need a second chance, and I've always looked up to Mike Vick, and I always will."

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS."

I doubt it was weed.

I suspect he failed the drug test for MDMA/E/Ecstasy -- Much like our board member cy predicted last year (and got ridiculed for predicting).

Reactions: cyrizzle
Panda - your logic is unassailable! :D

Bosa = Richie Incognito. All talent but a pathetic human being. Don't worry though L J will treat him just like a son. Oooops.

Did I call it or did I call it? As Coolestfish stated, it was probably Ecstasy, but the O$U athletic department will make sure it's 'weed.'

Are you kidding ? To the posters ripping the Buckeyes and Bosa: I would think PSU fans would be the last ones tearing into another school's problems/suspensions. Take an educated guess that if you took a NATIONAL poll on the worst scandal in college/NCAA history who the runaway winner would be ? In fact, just mention Penn State to any sports fan across the country and guess what's the first thought that enters their mind. Ding, Ding, Ding, you got it !
Go away please.

ADVERTISEMENT