ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Nickal On Jocko Podcast

I've never really watched a Jocko podcast, but I like the format and muted coloring (grayscale). Makes it more about the conversation than anything else.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I like how Bo skimmed over Taylor kicking his butt at the Olympic Trials. Plus great sportsmanship. 👍
Remember the phase in Bo's senior year when he'd try to lend a hand in getting up to the wrestlers he just pinned? Nice sportsman gesture for sure, but the last thing I'd want if I were just pinned is to get help up from the mat from the guy that just dominated me. Always made me laugh as half the guys would brush him off. Would be great to see this gesture return in his MMA bouts 😅

Love Jocko- one of my favorite podcasts! Nice to see him and Nolf both sponsored by Jocko.

Remember the phase in Bo's senior year when he'd try to lend a hand in getting up to the wrestlers he just pinned? Nice sportsman gesture for sure, but the last thing I'd want if I were just pinned is to get help up from the mat from the guy that just dominated me. Always made me laugh as half the guys would brush him off. Would be great to see this gesture return in his MMA bouts 😅

Love Jocko- one of my favorite podcasts! Nice to see him and Nolf both sponsored by Jocko.
"Lend a hand," lol. Bo never offered a hand with the choice to accept or decline. He picked them up off the mat whether they wanted it or not, and usually from behind. Maybe his intentions were pure, but it was a big brother move.

Hilarious when Hokit kicked his hands away and Bo acted confused. Surprising that nobody else did that, or worse.

Bo tries that in MMA, he's gonna get sucker punched.

"Lend a hand," lol. Bo never offered a hand with the choice to accept or decline. He picked them up off the mat whether they wanted it or not, and usually from behind. Maybe his intentions were pure, but it was a big brother move.

Hilarious when Hokit kicked his hands away and Bo acted confused. Surprising that nobody else did that, or worse.

Bo tries that in MMA, he's gonna get sucker punched.
I dunno. Many/most MMA opponents hug it out and congratulate each other after a fight, even after dominating wins and knockouts. Lots of mutual respect typically shown toward a fellow gladiator. There are a few who react more in line with what you’d expect in the WWE tho.

I agree that Bo helping up vanquished NCAA opponents didn’t have that “mutual respect for a worthy peer” feel. But at least it didn’t have that Spencer Lee “remember, you asked for this” vibe. 😉

I'm a big fan of David Taylor. Very humble human with loads of talent and grace.

Is there a podcast somewhere available that has Bo discussing wrestling Taylor?

Great podcast interview!!! Straight up re-living Bo’s career and those fun seasons and as usual, he’s his candid self, really enjoyed it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT