ADVERTISEMENT

best NFL situation for Barkley?

I "LOL" at anyone who still thinks he is a lock to be a top 15 pick after several (not one or two) down games. Lots of teams will be looking at QBs, and most early picks are OL or DL.
:rolleyes: You’re nuts. SB is not dropping in the draft. If SB goes below 15 I’ll mow your lawn all of next summer. If he goes above 15 you can’t watch PSU football next seaon, live or at home. I have people stationed everywhere. I’ll know;).

If he didn't play for the team you love, you would not be on his nuts like this.

It isn't Penn State fans that are hyping him. Everyone is because they understand what the NFL is looking for. If he runs a 40 time like many expect at the combine teams will be at war to get him when they watch the tape. Not his running ability but receiving ability, return ability and pass protection skills.

I don’t watch or follow the NFL. But I do believe that you build any good team starting with line players. All I know is that the Browns are awful and have been awful for some time. Seems to me to improve they’d need lineman on both sides, a QB, corners and LBs, then WRs and RBs.

If they have the first pick they’d get more value trading it, don’t you think? Your question is whether or not they have the good sense to do that.

It’s my understanding that Dallas had the luxury of taking Zeke because they were strong at the foundation positions. Does that sound about right?
yep a normal franchise would build that way - the Browns will probably draft another QB

Reactions: artsandletters
I'm now starting to think it's possible, mostly because his stock is dropping every week. Maybe he would like to come back to try to win the Heisman and/or a championship, and raise his draft position, before doing his 3-5 years in the league? A legacy like that with a few million in the bank, plus a degree, could serve him well in life.
Why would next year be any different for him in terms of the Heisman and raising his draft status? It will be the same RPO offense with every team still keying on him.

Why would next year be any different for him in terms of the Heisman and raising his draft status? It will be the same RPO offense with every team still keying on him.

Just like Hack had nothing to gain by coming back and running an offense he couldn't succeed in

Not to mention Hack just wasn't very good. One more year of mediocrity would have killed his draft status.

Hack wasn't elite but he would have been very, very good in a different offense with a real OL. He probably should have transfer when O'Brien left even though, at the time, I thought that would have been stupid.

Hack wasn't elite but he would have been very, very good in a different offense with a real OL. He probably should have transfer when O'Brien left even though, at the time, I thought that would have been stupid.
I doubt he would have been very good in any offense. Having the physical tools isn't always enough. He's in a pro style offense now and he'll probably never see the field. Some people just don't live up to the hype.

I doubt he would have been very good in any offense. Having the physical tools isn't always enough. He's in a pro style offense now and he'll probably never see the field. Some people just don't live up to the hype.

I still think he'll play eventually....they had to fix a lot of things we screwed up with him.

I still think he'll play eventually....they had to fix a lot of things we screwed up with him.
Oh please. "We" didn't screw anything up with him. His hype screwed things up. I guess USC screwed up Todd Marinovich and WSU screwed up Ryan Leaf. The difference with those two is at least they were really good in college. Some big names just don't make it regardless of coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT