ADVERTISEMENT

best NFL situation for Barkley?

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
If Barkley remains a top pick, he is likely going to end up on the Browns, 49ers, or Giants. What's the best scenario for him? I kind of hope he slides a little bit and ends up on a less crappy team.

The entire Browns organization is a joke. For Saquon's sake I hope he goes anywhere but there. Fortunately they are still looking for a QB.

I know it's wishful thinking but I would love to see him come back for one more year.

Niners with Garropolo now and under shanahans offense. Could be the building blocks to something special.

Uh huh. The Browns passed on Carson Wentz. How’d that turn out?
Trenches then QB. Are their O and D lines any good? No OL and what’s Wentz or Barkley gonna do?

We disagree. That’s fine. But your argument is one QB who happened to turn out great. My argument is you build the foundation, the lines first.

If you were my GM I’d fire you.;):)

Bay Area talk radio dwells quite a bit on the Niners even though they suck ballz right now. Much of that talk centers on Saquon. Niner fans want Saquon in the WORST way.

If Barkley remains a top pick, he is likely going to end up on the Browns, 49ers, or Giants. What's the best scenario for him? I kind of hope he slides a little bit and ends up on a less crappy team.
Stay away from Cleveland. He should come out in public and tell the Browns don't draft me.

Trenches then QB. Are their O and D lines any good? No OL and what’s Wentz or Barkley gonna do?

We disagree. That’s fine. But your argument is one QB who happened to turn out great. My argument is you build the foundation, the lines first.

leveland

Cleveland has a decent OL and RB. They’d be years ahead of their rebuild schedule if they had Wentz right now. As an Eagles fan, I’m happy they don’t.

Wasn't a preaseason game in Cincy?
From wiki:

"Carter tore a ligament in his knee on his third carry of his first preseason game of his rookie year, and never fully recovered. He missed the entire 1995 season.[11]"

leveland

Cleveland has a decent OL and RB. They’d be years ahead of their rebuild schedule if they had Wentz right now. As an Eagles fan, I’m happy they don’t.
They could probably get an extra first and maybe a second for SB. What would you do?

I know it's wishful thinking but I would love to see him come back for one more year.
I'm now starting to think it's possible, mostly because his stock is dropping every week. Maybe he would like to come back to try to win the Heisman and/or a championship, and raise his draft position, before doing his 3-5 years in the league? A legacy like that with a few million in the bank, plus a degree, could serve him well in life.

Reactions: RU31trap
I'm now starting to think it's possible, mostly because his stock is dropping every week. Maybe he would like to come back to try to win the Heisman and/or a championship, and raise his draft position, before doing his 3-5 years in the league? A legacy like that with a few million in the bank, plus a degree, could serve him well in life.
No way. The money is too big to pass up.

His Heisman stock may be dropping but NFL scouts see through the flimsy analysis Heisman voters are content with. Get that kids in a pro set with a solid line and he’ll be putting up numbers again.

Bay Area talk radio dwells quite a bit on the Niners even though they suck ballz right now. Much of that talk centers on Saquon. Niner fans want Saquon in the WORST way.
Don't know what Niners attendance numbers are, but SB should sell some tickets.

Someone will trade up to get him like Elliott. My guess would be someone like Seattle (though Shermans injury clouds that) or the Ravens, teams that are good teams but missing a game breaker at RB to get them to the next level.

LOL @ anyone thinking his draft stock is dropping. He's great in pass protection, has above average hands and is a special returner on top of being a great runner. He should skip the bowl game (like McCaffrey/Fournette) and focus solely on being a pro. His draft stock is fine. Worst case he goes mid-first which is actually better because he'll likely end up on a decent team and that would only happen because teams undervalue RBs

Without any trades it looks like the Niners, not a bad place for him. The Browns would be crazy not to take Darnold.
The best place for a trade up would be Philly.

Philly would be interesting. I think he's a great fit for Tennessee's offense though. He's probably a good fit in any offense but Tennessee could use him in a bunch of ways like McCaffrey in Carolina. Seattle or Washington might be great fits too.

LOL @ anyone thinking his draft stock is dropping. He's great in pass protection, has above average hands and is a special returner on top of being a great runner. He should skip the bowl game (like McCaffrey/Fournette) and focus solely on being a pro. His draft stock is fine. Worst case he goes mid-first which is actually better because he'll likely end up on a decent team and that would only happen because teams undervalue RBs

I "LOL" at anyone who still thinks he is a lock to be a top 15 pick after several (not one or two) down games. Lots of teams will be looking at QBs, and most early picks are OL or DL.

I "LOL" at anyone who still thinks he is a lock to be a top 15 pick after several (not one or two) down games. Lots of teams will be looking at QBs, and most early picks are OL or DL.

I "LOL" at anyone who thinks his draft stock is plummeting due to him being tackled as he takes the handoff. Call me crazy, but I think I'll go with the big boards over mgkpsu.

Reactions: krichards

Right--Hack went in the second round despite doing nothing just like Donovan Smith did next to nothing. Teams are going to ignore a great pass protector with great hands who can return kicks in addition to being an elite back because of a bad OL.

what makes you think the Browns are that smart?
I don’t watch or follow the NFL. But I do believe that you build any good team starting with line players. All I know is that the Browns are awful and have been awful for some time. Seems to me to improve they’d need lineman on both sides, a QB, corners and LBs, then WRs and RBs.

If they have the first pick they’d get more value trading it, don’t you think? Your question is whether or not they have the good sense to do that.

It’s my understanding that Dallas had the luxury of taking Zeke because they were strong at the foundation positions. Does that sound about right?

The top OL is probably McGlinchey and I'm not convinced he goes top 5-8. I would take someone like Chubb or Fitzpatrick if I'm going to pass on Barkley/a QB. Cleveland probably take Saquon if he's on the board.

I "LOL" at anyone who thinks his draft stock is plummeting due to him being tackled as he takes the handoff. Call me crazy, but I think I'll go with the big boards over mgkpsu.
If he didn't play for the team you love, you would not be on his nuts like this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT