ADVERTISEMENT

Best fast food

Of the traditional fast food restaurants I prefer Burger King Burgers. Flame broiled > fried. McDonald's fries are better. Arby's has some decent sandwiches.

5 Guys and Chipotle are only moderately fast but I do like 5 Guys Burgers and fries. I'm not a big fan of Taco Bell except for their breakfast burrito & crunchwrap. Those are pretty tasty.
I do a lot of work in the Fast Food industry... Burger King / Popeyes / Tim Hortons have been folded into an entity called Restaurant Brands International that is owned by a Brazilian based PE group - 3G Capital... 3G also controls Kraft-Heinz if anyone is familiar with what they have done to ruin so many iconic brands from these two companies.

Reactions: odshowtime
Anybody remember Pizza Hut subs?, they went away several years ago, but there was a time when they were a very tasty Italian sub along with a bag of chips and pickle. Think they used a creamy Italian dressing.
No, but does anyone remember Domino’s pasta bread bowls? Just like a Mama Domino used to make! If you understand that, thank Jim Gaffigan. But seriously, anyone ever had Foosackly’s? Saw them in MS driving back from New Orleans.

Last edited:
With the caveat that the topic is "fast food" and not high cuisine, I and many I know have always held Arby's roast beef (the traditional sliced roast beef sandwiches of any size), coupled with the "Arby's" sauce in relatively high regard in this category.
I really liked Roy Rogers Roast Beast with horseradish sauce back in the day !
😋

Reactions: BBrown
Is Long John Silver’s still a thing? My grandmother used to take me there when I was a kid. The batter they used on the fish and chicken was really good for fast food, as were the hush puppies.

I don't know what Long John's Silver uses for it's batter or crumblies or whatever it's called, but it's really good. I would happily have an entire dish of that alone without even the fish. It probably isn't great for you but it tastes great.

I don't know what Long John's Silver uses for it's batter or crumblies or whatever it's called, but it's really good. I would happily have an entire dish of that alone without even the fish. It probably isn't great for you but it tastes great.
The “crunchies” are awesome 👏

funny 😁 thing - I haven’t eaten at LJS in forever and for some reason today on the way home I decided to stop ✋ there

got the fish-n-chicken platter which comes for FFs 🍟 Hush 🤫 puppies 🐶 amd coke slaw

- eat the hush 🤐 puppies 🐶 with cocktail sauce
- dip the fish 🐠 in tartar sauce
- use vinegar and ketchup 🍅 on the Ffs

after not having it for a while is was soooooooo goooood 👍

now my belly hurts 😒

😂

Oh I’m certain it’s not good for you. It should be served with a defibrillator. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: BBrown and AWS1022
ahhhh the "fixins" bar. where you could buy a burger and create a salad to go with it. LOL.
There are still a few on the PA turnpike.
I think there is still one at the Lehigh Valley rest stop and if I’m there I’ll get one.

It used to be a treat to eat at the one near my grandmothers house 🏡 in Warminster back in the day

Reactions: BBrown
I do a lot of work in the Fast Food industry... Burger King / Popeyes / Tim Hortons have been folded into an entity called Restaurant Brands International that is owned by a Brazilian based PE group - 3G Capital... 3G also controls Kraft-Heinz if anyone is familiar with what they have done to ruin so many iconic brands from these two companies.

I love Tim Horton’s. Of course, they’re origin is in Canada. Nice to know when I go there, I’m going Brazilian.

I think there is still one at the Lehigh Valley rest stop and if I’m there I’ll get one.

It used to be a treat to eat at the one near my grandmothers house 🏡 in Warminster back in the day
College ave Roy’s.....late night...,,all you can eat chicken....1978......

There was always a Long John Silvers near the Colonial Park Mall but I never ate there until my girlfriend wanted to one time during High School. I ate way too many hushpuppies and it made me sick and that was that.

I'm in the Arby's camp. I know it's pressed pretend beef, but I love it. Their roast beef sandwiches (and the beef and cheddar) are really just canvases for their sauces imo - which are unmatched.

Reactions: Fac
I really liked Roy Rogers Roast Beast with horseradish sauce back in the day !
😋
Roy Rogers hamburgers were the best fast food around. Not sure if it still exists or not, but I haven’t seen one in a couple of decades.

In N Out, Chic Filet, Popeyes.......the biggest game changer for me has been Buccees. It's not fast food, but they have taken the gas station to the next level.

Reactions: Fac and TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT