ADVERTISEMENT

Beau Pribula

I sure hope so. We know what Drew is and it is more fluffy potential at this point. Let’s see what Beau can do. Drew is on path to be another Jurkovich - great measurements but struggling to find the next level.

Another reason Franklin must go. Our offensive is anemic in the only two big games this season and we still have no idea if Beau has ït"or not. After the Georgia bowl game in early 2016, I remember thinking that we may have won 10 games if Trace was the starter.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
Another reason Franklin must go. Our offensive is anemic in the only two big games this season and we still have no idea if Beau has ït"or not. After the Georgia bowl game in early 2016, I remember thinking that we may have won 10 games if Trace was the starter.
If Trace was the starter, Franklin gets fired after a 2 and 10 season. Hackenberg was the offense. Without him, we lose badly to almost every team. Much like then, and the teams are shockingly similar, if Pribula starts we lose to Rutgers and probably Michigan State.

• Haha
Reactions: NoBareFeet
You ever think that it is the "WR's" and not Allar. Lambert-Smith is our best and would not start with either OSU or UM. Look at the game Sat; the WR's running straight down the sidelines with the UM CB glued to their hip. Look at how good Allar looked vs WVU, Maryland, etc. The talent level against the Big 2 is just not there. How well do you think McSorely would have looked if not for the WR talent around him. We are not even close to that level when we came from behind against Wisky. Those WR's and TE's did it all during that game, not McSorely.

As long as OSU keeps poaching all the top players in PA, and we keep offering their rejects, nothing will change.

You ever think that it is the "WR's" and not Allar. Lambert-Smith is our best and would not start with either OSU or UM. Look at the game Sat; the WR's running straight down the sidelines with the UM CB glued to their hip. Look at how good Allar looked vs WVU, Maryland, etc. The talent level against the Big 2 is just not there. How well do you think McSorely would have looked if not for the WR talent around him. We are not even close to that level when we came from behind against Wisky. Those WR's and TE's did it all during that game, not McSorely.

As long as OSU keeps poaching all the top players in PA, and we keep offering their rejects, nothing will change.
Yep, that is the double edged sword we are dealing with. Have to win to get the top players. Yet is is extremely hard to win without the top players.

That is obviously why it is so hard to knock these regular top 4 or 5 teams off the pedestal. Frustrating for sure...

It's actually not the WRs or Allar. It's the play calling.

Do we finally see him play meaningful snaps this week?
With all due respect, I’ve seen enough of his me, Me, ME act in mop-up time. Every chance he gets, he runs instead of handing off or throwing the ball. He is the darling of Pennsyltucky, who did not beat out Allar for the job.

I’m not all about Beau, but do you really think that it’s his decision to run himself every time? I don’t. I don’t have any connections, but I believe he is in there to finish the game and not make any mistakes with the ball. JMHO.

Reactions: RochLion and 81b&w
Hey just because the play calling has no idea what a slant, post or skinny post pattern is.......don't go blaming it on the play calling.

When comparing Harrison, Egbuka, Fleming, and Tate to our WR's its not even close, talent wise. Its the talent more than the play calling that has been going on for years under several different OC. We have won, what, 3 games against OSU the past "23 years" and one of them was a fluke blocked kick. Talent wise is the no comparison.

OSU has "4 - 5 Stars" coming in this class, 2 of them from "Georgia." When you can go into Georgia, PA, Florida Texas, CA, etc. and take out "top talent" how is PSU supposed to compete. They have the #1 and #2 WR's in the country in this class from "Florida."

We will be running around trying to land #70, #99.

Reactions: Bob2022
When comparing Harrison, Egbuka, Fleming, and Tate to our WR's its not even close, talent wise. Its the talent more than the play calling that has been going on for years under several different OC. We have won, what, 3 games against OSU the past "23 years" and one of them was a fluke blocked kick. Talent wise is the no comparison.

OSU has "4 - 5 Stars" coming in this class, 2 of them from "Georgia." When you can go into Georgia, PA, Florida Texas, CA, etc. and take out "top talent" how is PSU supposed to compete. They have the #1 and #2 WR's in the country in this class from "Florida."

We can fix the whole god damn thing by going out and getting 3 of the top 15 portal guys THIS OFF SEASON.

NO EXCUSES. "Jimmy Horn wants to see Prime...". Bullshit. Jimmy Horn needed to be at PSU.

I don't disagree with this, but play calling has STILL been atrocious. Zero creativity. It's the equivalent of a HS system.

Reactions: psu00
I don't disagree with this, but play calling has STILL been atrocious. Zero creativity. It's the equivalent of a HS system.
Yeah I'm very curious as to how they will call the plays this week. It is very interesting. Hopefully it is something that peaks the interest a bit anyway.

Yeah I'm very curious as to how they will call the plays this week. It is very interesting. Hopefully it is something that peaks the interest a bit anyway.
The play-calling wasn't bad against Maryland but then we when uber-safe again vs Michigan
I'm not sure the next two games tell us much of anything unfortunately.

Reactions: PennState_one
The play-calling wasn't bad against Maryland but then we when uber-safe again vs Michigan
I'm not sure the next two games tell us much of anything unfortunately.
I totally agree. We could beat the next 3 teams 80-0 and it won't change a thing. HUGE DECISION to be made. It is a make or break decision imo...

Reactions: LandoComando
May be so, but play calling was not much of an issue until we played two good teams; OSU and UM. Before that, we were scoring some big time, think WVU, Iowa, Maryland, to name just a few, let alone Delaware, and UMass. Biggest problem is when we play top competition, we Do Not have the athletes to come out on top.

May be so, but play calling was not much of an issue until we played two good teams; OSU and UM. Before that, we were scoring some big time, think WVU, Iowa, Maryland, to name just a few, let alone Delaware, and UMass. Biggest problem is when we play top competition, we Do Not have the athletes to come out on top.
WVU and Iowa we didn't do much of anything offensively until the second half when the other team faded because they spent the whole game on the field.
Many of us said, even against Delaware and UMAss, that the lack of explosive plays would bite us. We were right. This offense has been poor all season with the exception of Maryland.

Wrong. Those high scores were a smokescreen. In nearly all those games we had short fields for most of the scores.

Nobody is saying anything about Drew not starting. What we are saying is that you have Drew running 10 ****ing times against Michigan and OF COURSE he fumbled one. He was damn close to two more fumbles on the other run. We're saying you have 3rd and 1 at midfield after that unreal stupid banana pass to mega, and if you want to run then put Beau in there and go get the corner and 3 yards, then put Drew back in there.

Reactions: 81b&w
Wrong. Those high scores were a smokescreen. In nearly all those games we had short fields for most of the scores.
Right....We averaged "44 points" a game until playing OSU and UM. Your saying "field position" produced all those points! Then we played OSU and UM and our average dropped by about 70-80%. Field position did this! We had the ball on the 3 YL with a 1st down vs UM and couldn't put it in the end zone.

Stop making ridiculous excuses. We Do Not have the talent to compete with OSU or UM. 3 wins in 23 years vs OSU all because of our OC???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT