ADVERTISEMENT

Beat the Streets

Jordan down 4-2 after 1. Looks like they're wrestling with dry socks on a slick wooden floor!

The flostorm opened up just in time to watch the mess of a mat for Burroughs. They should of wrestled barefoot. Nice work by Jordan adjusting to the elements

Those were the worst mat conditions I've seen for an event of this caliber. Compares only with a high school wrestling room mat after a 3 or 4 hour practice of sweaty guys rolling around. The combination of a summer night, the high humidity, the adjacent river, a new slick mat (and J'den Cox's perspiration) undermined any real take-aways from the event, especially the last few wrestlers.

Yeah, it's just that humid here. Mid 60s, so cool, but the air is just that thick. Nothing anyone could've done about it, I don't think.

Jordan Burroughs winning double leg take down. Both guys looked exhausted... but JB wanted it more and gutted it out against Frank Chamizo.

Last edited:
In the Jordan Oliver match... it looked like both guys were on ice skates. One has to wonder if the person who chose this location for Beat the Streets this year went to Penn State's noted Meteorology program? Humidity + Water Source= Lots of moisture

Kyle Dake looking like a "BEAST". Teching an Olympic Bronze Medalist and doing it in impressive fashion going with the front on, high double leg, pile drive for a 4 pt. feet to back.

zt7IcAd.jpg

I don't know how you can draw any conclusions about anything from a debacle like last nights'. I was thinking they could add a winter Olympics sport of ice wrestling. It would be just as valid as the slip-n'-slide of the Rumble on the River.

glory's first 4 point move against teasdale.

teas didn't learn though, as glory hit the same move later to earn the tech.

Thanks for posting. Great pics in what must have been some challenging lighting transitions/conditions.
Thanks and yes, correct. What made these shots work was the same thing that ruined 75% of what I took, that being that I was shooting directly into a spotlight unless the wrestlers were between it and me. But when it works, it creates an edge-defining halo around the wrestlers.

Those were the worst mat conditions I've seen for an event of this caliber. Compares only with a high school wrestling room mat after a 3 or 4 hour practice of sweaty guys rolling around. The combination of a summer night, the high humidity, the adjacent river, a new slick mat (and J'den Cox's perspiration) undermined any real take-aways from the event, especially the last few wrestlers.

I think the real cause is J'den Cox's sweat. It's been genetically modified to be wipe proof. There is no getting rid of it. Might as well throw that mat out

Reactions: GantryZ
I think the real cause is J'den Cox's sweat. It's been genetically modified to be wipe proof. There is no getting rid of it. Might as well throw that mat out

This could be the breakthrough in nanotechnology that the human race has been waiting for!

Reactions: Afw6006
Princeton
Thanks. I'm wrong on here every time I don't just look it up. I saw a guy Glory was talking closely with yesterday (besides Bryce Meredith) wearing a Penn sweatshirt and that's why I made that mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT