ADVERTISEMENT

Beat the Streets

weird match. Teasdale getting out-freestyled is surprising. Have to wonder if Gavin is going to have trouble finishing shots at the next level. I just can't shake the Jimmy G. comparisons.

Last edited:
Was it said why they are wrestling in this location instead of Time Square? I feel like this venue limited viewers to only those who knew about it and bought tickets. In Time Square they were the center of attention. Gotta think that would have brought more awareness to the event and the sport

Was it said why they are wrestling in this location instead of Time Square? I feel like this venue limited viewers to only those who knew about it and bought tickets. In Time Square they were the center of attention. Gotta think that would have brought more awareness to the event and the sport
Yeah, Times Square was packed last year. Not sure why they moved.

Gavin did not wrestle a good match. I actually think he went in over-confident, and didn't wrestle smart because of it.

agree with the overconfidence. it looked like he started dancing to the music for a second before he really got into the match. then he looked visibly upset after the match.

the BTS executive director was on the short time podcast talking about it and what i remember him saying was that, while time square looked great and there was more foot traffic, the actual watching experience was poor because of all the people trying to squeeze by who didn't care at all, plus it was very expensive to have it there. the new location still has good views and it allowed them to sell more tickets/raise more money overall.

Reactions: Afw6006
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT