ADVERTISEMENT

Bama - Ohio State CFP Championship game thread

Surely Bob you must have found a picture of Herbie after he heard about the Dr. Richard Strauss allegations. Herbie knew there would be harsh NCAA sanctions headed The OSU' s way. Besides the 4 year bowl ban and 25 scholarships lost there would be an open portal on all the active OSU players that would be leaving due to the University breaking it's promise to play for a NC. He also knew the BIG would pile on and steal the OSU's share of bowl revenue and that football at his alma mater would take at least a decade to recover. He knew that sports broadcasters at every OSU televised game would bring it up the scandal for the next 10 years.

I now understand his duress because as a PSU fan I lived it!

Did you notice how many times they brought up the strauss scandal during the game last night? How about the strauss sanction graphic?

I know not a lot of love here for ND. However, they lose by 17 and are said to “suck and shouldn’t be in playoffs”.
Yes, ohowihate suckeyes beat Clemson. But, a beatdown like last night has Irish fans smiling I’m thinking.

OL

I know not a lot of love here for ND. However, they lose by 17 and are said to “suck and shouldn’t be in playoffs”.
Yes, ohowihate suckeyes beat Clemson. But, a beatdown like last night has Irish fans smiling I’m thinking.

OL

The only good day to live in ohio, eh?

Reactions: OhioLion
"We convert on a couple plays and we're right in it..... All we need is a couple stops.... blah, blah, blah....". Priceless, as was that hissy fit he threw on the play he thought was a fumble, but clearly was not even remotely close to a fumble (and that was after he saw the replay?!?!!). Then proves what a complete ass he is by wasting a TO on it so he could further berate the Ref with his inanity.
We'll gladly keep Day. You can go with a guy who goes in the locker room and says well we are F'd, it's over. Maybe that is a reason OSU dominates the B1G.

Reactions: osu68 and MacNit07
We'll gladly keep Day. You can go with a guy who goes in the locker room and says well we are F'd, it's over. Maybe that is a reason OSU dominates the B1G.

Yea, that little tantrum he threw after the half regarding a fumble that was beyond obviously NOT a fumble (including wasting a timeout so he could further berate the Ref despite enough time elapsed after the play that video showed it was absolutely not a fumble and it wasn't even remotely close). The guy made a fool of himself and his tantrum was very telling - embarassing.

Notice Borland twisting the runners leg AFTER he crossed the goal line and scored I have always felt OSU was a dirty team.
I noticed it too. How prevalent is this? (My first response: prevalent enough.) Here’s my question: is this coached?

IMO, this has been happening too often and should be subject to video review and ejection.

Does anyone know when btn will rebroadcast this game? Please post dates and times.

I noticed it too. How prevalent is this? (My first response: prevalent enough.) Here’s my question: is this coached?

IMO, this has been happening too often and should be subject to video review and ejection.
Like ripping of Hack’s helmet. Some one should put together a compilation of all this cheap,stuff they do and send it to the B2G, NCAA, ESPN, and multiple media outlets.

Reactions: LionJim
Does anyone know when btn will rebroadcast this game? Please post dates and times.

BTN has decided not to re-run the game, but instead run an an expose detailing how biased against duhO$U the officiating was featuring the clear fumble that Rye-Rye threw the temper-tantrum about.

I was disappointed in tOSU's Wade. There was a play where Smith went into motion and Wade was shadowing him. Wade half-assed it. They tossed the ball to Smith and Wade was out of position because of his lackadaisical positioning. It resulted in an easy TD.

I noticed several plays where he seemed less engaged and committed than he should have been in a NC game.

I expect more from an AA and expected first round pick.

Not yet . Should have some interesting moments . Rachel Urchitel (sp ?) one of his shag mates is in there . She was dating a PSU guy at one time .

Great early footage of him as a kid and some interesting comments from interviews with his dad. Oh I remember Rachel.

I was disappointed in tOSU's Wade. There was a play where Smith went into motion and Wade was shadowing him. Wade half-assed it. They tossed the ball to Smith and Wade was out of position because of his lackadaisical positioning. It resulted in an easy TD.

I noticed several plays where he seemed less engaged and committed than he should have been in a NC game.

I expect more from an AA and expected first round pick.
Wade is overrated. Dotson torched him. If you are an elite corner you should be able to at least break even vs Smith and especially Dotson

Last edited:
Reactions: cvilleelkscoach
Two plays that showed the difference between Ohio St. and Alabama.

Harris scores his ankle getting twisted , ala Hackenberg's head.

Olave get a first down in front of Alabama's bench actually, by their players pointing the ball in front of several Alabama players semi taunting, and Alabama's bench didn't flinch in response.

Discipline vs. cheapness.

Yea, that little tantrum he threw after the half regarding a fumble that was beyond obviously NOT a fumble (including wasting a timeout so he could further berate the Ref despite enough time elapsed after the play that video showed it was absolutely not a fumble and it wasn't even remotely close). The guy made a fool of himself and his tantrum was very telling - embarassing.
Might not have been his best look, but Day is a competitor and damn great coach. Perhaps only Bama would not trade their coach for Day. And that is no diss on CJF or anyone else.

Very quiet. I have not brought the topic up in any conversations with o$u fans. IF they bring it up, I’ll discuss.
😁

OL

Why wait?

”Hey, did you see the game last night?

”Great game last night, huh?”

”Wait. Shh! bama just scored again!”

”Hey, I missed the game. Who won? bama? Really? Awwwwww!”

• Haha
We’re on Page 13, and I don’t recall seeing this classic:

MICHIGAN-ST-OHIO-ST.JPG

Day better
Might not have been his best look, but Day is a competitor and damn great coach. Perhaps only Bama would not trade their coach for Day. And that is no diss on CJF or anyone else.
Day better convert in the playoffs soon or the Ohiyans and residents of Columblowus will want him out. Can't afford many more of those piss poor performances on the national stage. They could go back to a coach with the utmost integrity who wins a NC like Urban, uh, Jim Tr, uh Woody, well you know what I mean.

Day betterDay better convert in the playoffs soon or the Ohiyans and residents of Columblowus will want him out. Can't afford many more of those piss poor performances on the national stage. They could go back to a coach with the utmost integrity who wins a NC like Urban, uh, Jim Tr, uh Woody, well you know what I mean.

How many decades UNTIL PSU gets to the championship game again?

How many decades UNTIL PSU gets to the championship game again?
Why are you here? This board has enough bad posters of our own, we don't need idiots coming here to defend their team because they get butt-hurt over something someone says here.

Yeah, Coker was a great coach for three seasons too.

My quick summary of the game: YAWN (again)

Sick of the same teams in the playoffs every year. Sick of blow outs. I have no idea why I still watch. Gotta believe ratings are way down.

Yes, Alabama is great and Saban is the GOAT...but still I say - YAWN

Your team just got beat like they stole something and you’re on another team’s board talking smack....really?
Going 4-5 with decent talent pretty much opens you up to receiving a great deal of smack. Particularly from a NC appearance team's fan base. Either ignore it or learn to deal with it, "coach".

Reactions: sfo-psu
Going 4-5 with decent talent pretty much opens you up to receiving a great deal of smack. Particularly from a NC appearance team's fan base. Either ignore it or learn to deal with it, "coach".
Or you could learn to stay out of it when it’s not about you, “non coach”.

I am sure wherever you live is, for you, better than Ohio. To each his own.
Well, nberg, I’m in Archbold. 25 miles to Indiana 16 miles to Michigan. Aside from the flatness in NW Ohio, I enjoy the state. Honestly, would appreciate a bit more snow in the winter and less humidity in the summer.
Been here and in Cleveland (for 6 years) for my 59 years.

OL

Well, nberg, I’m in Archbold. 25 miles to Indiana 16 miles to Michigan. Aside from the flatness in NW Ohio, I enjoy the state. Honestly, would appreciate a bit more snow in the winter and less humidity in the summer.
Been here and in Cleveland (for 6 years) for my 59 years.

OL
I am in northeastern Ohio. I lived in Columbus for 6 years. Would have stayed there if my wife liked it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT