ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore police abandoned by Fed and State governments. No

...and where is the Rev. Jackson helping to quell the unabashed destruction of the city?....

Reactions: Ski
One of the many things I value on this Board is how often we get reports on breaking news from fellow posters who are in, or near the area involved. Although, for the most part, we have never met, when I hear stories from other Board members it brings the story home in a way hours of watching news networks cannot. I feel empathy and concern and offer my prayers. I wish I could do more.

Last edited:
So the Baltimore Police arrest a guy and take him for a van ride and he ends up with his spinal cord severed, dead, and there is no explanation forthcoming. Rioting is wrong. Violence is wrong. This is also the least surprising thing I have heard all day. They ought to pray for rain.[/ to liberal ideology that has allowed mo
The mayor is clueless. The national guard is needed to restore order. How did this woman get elected? Seems like this is likely to drive middle class families out of the city and further the city's demise.

The mayor is clueless. The national guard is needed to restore order. How did this woman get elected? Seems like this is likely to drive middle class families out of the city and further the city's demise.

UPDATE: The Mayor’s Office issued a statement this afternoon about the comments above:

BALTIMORE, Md. (April 27, 2015)—Today, Howard Libit, Director of Strategic Planning and Policy, issued the following statement regarding Mayor Rawlings-Blake’s comments on the rights of protesters:

“What she is saying within this statement was that there was an effort to give the peaceful demonstrators room to conduct their peaceful protests on Saturday. Unfortunately, as a result of providing the peaceful demonstrators with the space to share their message, that also meant that those seeking to incite violence also had the space to operate. The police sought to balance the rights of the peaceful demonstrators against the need to step in against those who were seeking to create violence.

The mayor is not saying that she asked police to give space to people who sought to create violence. Any suggestion otherwise would be a misinterpretation of her statement.”

btw Rawlings-Blake was elected to the city council in 1995. became president in 2007. the former mayor resigned in 2010, and she was appointed mayor per the city's charter, She was then elected in 2011 with 87 percent of the vote. She has done a lot to address urban blight in her time, receiving an award from the Urban Land Institute.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
UPDATE: The Mayor’s Office issued a statement this afternoon about the comments above:

BALTIMORE, Md. (April 27, 2015)—Today, Howard Libit, Director of Strategic Planning and Policy, issued the following statement regarding Mayor Rawlings-Blake’s comments on the rights of protesters:

“What she is saying within this statement was that there was an effort to give the peaceful demonstrators room to conduct their peaceful protests on Saturday. Unfortunately, as a result of providing the peaceful demonstrators with the space to share their message, that also meant that those seeking to incite violence also had the space to operate. The police sought to balance the rights of the peaceful demonstrators against the need to step in against those who were seeking to create violence.

The mayor is not saying that she asked police to give space to people who sought to create violence. Any suggestion otherwise would be a misinterpretation of her statement.”

btw Rawlings-Blake was elected to the city council in 1995. became president in 2007. the former mayor resigned in 2010, and she was appointed mayor per the city's charter, She was then elected in 2011 with 87 percent of the vote. She has done a lot to address urban blight in her time, receiving an award from the Urban Land Institute.

Well, attached is the Baltimore CBS report of her statement Saturday. About 1/4 of the way down is the actual video where she said it. People can judge for themselves.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...those-who-wished-to-destroy-space-to-do-that/

Last edited:
Well, attached is the Baltimore CBS report of her statement Saturday. About 1/4 of the way down is the actual video where she said it. People can judge for themselves.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...those-who-wished-to-destroy-space-to-do-that/

her words are a bit clunky, but I love how the white race baiters twist her words in the worst way possible to make it seem like she was encouraging and condoning looting and rioting. she clearly wasn't

maybe is she had thrown the words "sexual nature" in there, we could have listened to thousands of media morons expound on that

her words are a bit clunky, but I love how the white race baiters twist her words in the worst way possible to make it seem like she was encouraging and condoning looting and rioting. she clearly wasn't

maybe is she had thrown the words "sexual nature" in there, we could have listened to thousands of media morons expound on that

Hold on there Sparky before you start calling people "white race baiters". People should be able to disagree and discuss issues without starting that childish nonsense. That's way out of line.

I can't believe our country has come to this. Some people always need to blame someone else for their dire situation but when they feel entitled to act out with violence against innocent people, then serious and swift actions are required. This is sickening!!

I can't believe our country has come to this. Some people always need to blame someone else for their dire situation but when they feel entitled to act out with violence against innocent people, then serious and swift actions are required. This is sickening!!

More parents and adults in this country need to take responsibility for their children and raise them right, kinda like the mom below.

NSFW language on the video below.

Sadly she will probably get a call from CPS (Child Protective Services) because of her actions.

You have got to be kidding me! This is exactly what is wrong with America. The city of Baltimore is going up in flames and chaos and you were worried about a damn baseball game? WTF is wrong with you ?
WTF is wrong with ME? Nothing. I'm what's wrong with America? Nice try. WTF is wrong with the feral youths burning down Baltimore might be a more appropriate question at this time.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
I don't understand why the O's are just allowed to "postpone" their game with the ChiSox. This should be a forfeit as the O's can't guarantee a safe environment for fans to view the game. That isn't the White Sox fault.
So...you are a Yankees or a Red Sox fan. sMH

One of the many things I value on this Board is how often we get reports on breaking news from fellow posters who are in, or near the area involved. Although, for the most part, we have never met, when I hear stories from other Board members it brings the story home in a way hours of watching news networks cannot. I feel empathy and concern and offer my prayers. I wish I could do more.

Thanks for all the well wishes.
For the most part the area I live in was pretty quiet (Mt. Vernon).
Never was so glad to live in a gated community as last night.
One of my neighbors said there was some looting going on close to the monument but it wasn't as bad as other areas.
Ughhh how sad is that I'm qualifying looting by how bad it was in other areas. Just pathetic.
It was very, very quiet leaving for work this morning, eerily so. Roads were empty through East Baltimore.
I'm hearing there is still some stuff going on, another car fire and I doubt its coincidental.
They shut all the schools down today. Not sure I agree with that since most of the rioters were probably under the age of 18.
Just gives them more free time.

Made a thousand times worse by publicly announcing the police were told by her to stay back and allow people to have their 'free speech' and allow them "space to destroy".

Well that quote was kind of blown up and misinterpreted by the outside (non baltimore) media. Yea that never happens right.
JMO and I am not a big fan of SRB but she was right. You do need to allow the peaceful protesters space to march and it was peaceful.
All week long they had demonstrations and marches around the Gilmore houses and the Western district it wasn't until Sat. night that things
went off the rails. INMO both the Mayor and Police Comish should have been on top of the situation sooner on Sat. night and they def. should
have had plans for Mon.
Frankly I thought the police showed great restraint, probably too much.
Hopefully it will be quiet today.

Morning folks. Order seems to be being restored. Couple of thoughts: Dem for a change I disagree with you. The momentum and energy of both young and empty nesters moving back in to the city will resume. Come to Canton, Fells Pt, Harbor East and Federal Hill am(all around the Harbor) and see the growth. It will continue. Order will be re-stored. The rioters at the Mall were from one school or the surrounding neighborhood. Recovery there will be rougher. Most of the kids in B'more stayed in last night and out of the fray. I know, my son is a teenager in a public high school. He and the kids on his baseball team kept in text contact after practice until they knew all players were home and accounted for. I have spent a lot of time at school the last 3 years watching him and his team mates play and being involved. There are far more achievers from every corner of the city than there are losers like those on the news last night. People want to be able to walk to healthcare, restaurants, the Ravens and O's, abd the Harbor. You can do that here at a price most can afford.
Rally caps on!

More parents and adults in this country need to take responsibility for their children and raise them right, kinda like the mom below.

NSFW language on the video below.

Sadly she will probably get a call from CPS (Child Protective Services) because of her actions.
The kid has no respect for his mom. This is why it takes two parents to rear a family. If that was dad grabbing him and throwing him off the streets he probably would have listened. Then again if dad was around all the time, this kid wouldn't have been out there in the first place.

WTF is wrong with ME? Nothing. I'm what's wrong with America? Nice try. WTF is wrong with the feral youths burning down Baltimore might be a more appropriate question at this time.
How would you feel if somebody you identified with would be killed or seriously injured after the cops took him/her for a nickel ride?

Morning folks. Order seems to be being restored. Couple of thoughts: Dem for a change I disagree with you. The momentum and energy of both young and empty nesters moving back in to the city will resume. Come to Canton, Fells Pt, Harbor East and Federal Hill am(all around the Harbor) and see the growth. It will continue. Order will be re-stored. The rioters at the Mall were from one school or the surrounding neighborhood. Recovery there will be rougher. Most of the kids in B'more stayed in last night and out of the fray. I know, my son is a teenager in a public high school. He and the kids on his baseball team kept in text contact after practice until they knew all players were home and accounted for. I have spent a lot of time at school the last 3 years watching him and his team mates play and being involved. There are far more achievers from every corner of the city than there are losers like those on the news last night. People want to be able to walk to healthcare, restaurants, the Ravens and O's, abd the Harbor. You can do that here at a price most can afford.
Rally caps on!

I hope you are right because I was planning on putting my house on the market in May.
It was pretty quiet, for the most part, in my hood last night but it was def. on the tense side, you could just "feel" it.

The riots and ensuing criminal activities are terrible. No doubt about that. However, it always amazes me how some people - on and off this board - conveniently ignore the very basis for which it happened - the aforementioned nickel ride.

However, what happened in Baltimore is not just a result of the nickel ride. It is also a result of the incidents of the last few months/years in Missouri, New York, California, Florida and other places. It's going to get worse before it gets better - if it ever does.

And to add more fuel to the fire, the great Al Sharpton will be coming to Baltimore this week.

How would you feel if somebody you identified with would be killed or seriously injured after the cops took him/her for a nickel ride?

Probably the same I would feel if a cop was killed in the line of duty protecting the city from the thugs. The loss of life due to stupid acts is still a loss of life. That is a silly question, of course the loss of life hurts no matter the circumstance if you know the person killed or injured. How would you feel if it was your house or business that got burnt down even though you did nothing wrong? Anyone can ask silly questions, but it doesn't really make them legit.

And to add more fuel to the fire, the great Al Sharpton will be coming to Baltimore this week.

Oh great. Well if it hadn't deteriorated into a "race" issue yet, it will when he gets here. Ughhh.
The Clergy in Balto. did an amazing job last night along with the Nation of Islam. Last thing we need is an outside agitator like Sharpton.

I don't understand why the O's are just allowed to "postpone" their game with the ChiSox. This should be a forfeit as the O's can't guarantee a safe environment for fans to view the game. That isn't the White Sox fault.
Cause that makes sense. Jeesh

Made a thousand times worse by publicly announcing the police were told by her to stay back and allow people to have their 'free speech' and allow them "space to destroy".

Did she actually say space to destroy or is that only what's being reported on Breitbart?

Apparently its taken a big turn for the worse in recent years. High taxes and a tax base thats leaving the city as soon as possible because of unchecked crime.
Area of West Baltimore has always been kind of bad, even Inner Harbor has crime(muggings, robbery at times, need to keep your head up)

The same people who burn a senior citizen center then bitch that businesses won't invest in their community
Apparently the thugs set the Center ablaze on the East side of town to divert attention there, so they could loot the west side.

Probably the same I would feel if a cop was killed in the line of duty protecting the city from the thugs. The loss of life due to stupid acts is still a loss of life. That is a silly question, of course the loss of life hurts no matter the circumstance if you know the person killed or injured. How would you feel if it was your house or business that got burnt down even though you did nothing wrong? Anyone can ask silly questions, but it doesn't really make them legit.

The difference is, the thugs who kill the cop will be promptly charged, tried, and sent to jail.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Apparently the thugs set the Center ablaze on the East side of town to divert attention there, so they could loot the west side.

Unless that has been confirmed this morning as of last night they didn't know for sure. Albeit the coincidence would be more than a little odd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT