ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore police abandoned by Fed and State governments. No

Beltway traffic wasn't too bad this afternoon, but it was a little surreal being boxed in by about 15 humvees at the intersection of 695 and 83.

No, he's an Marlins or Rays fan in South Florida and it really makes no difference. The simple fact he posted that crap kind of lets you know where he is at.
I don't think you want my thoughts on the entirety of what is going on in Baltimore (this is not the place for it). I commented on (what I thought was) an odd, sports related aspect of the story. As for the personal attacks on me and my character, you're not smarter than me. You're not more productive than me. You're not a better person than I am. I don't have a need to be talked down to and ridiculed for absolutely no reason. I go back to the plotit.com days like many others. I've been here through it all. I'm tired of political leanings pouring (not seeping) their way into what used to be at least sports or grill/mower related threads. Now that there are no threads, I don't see the point anymore. I hope you enjoy your disjointed community here. I really do. I just won't be a part of it for much longer unless major changes are made.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
I don't think you want my thoughts on the entirety of what is going on in Baltimore (this is not the place for it). I commented on (what I thought was) an odd, sports related aspect of the story. As for the personal attacks on me and my character, you're not smarter than me. You're not more productive than me. You're not a better person than I am. I don't have a need to be talked down to and ridiculed for absolutely no reason. I go back to the plotit.com days like many others. I've been here through it all. I'm tired of political leanings pouring (not seeping) their way into what used to be at least sports or grill/mower related threads. Now that there are no threads, I don't see the point anymore. I hope you enjoy your disjointed community here. I really do. I just won't be a part of it for much longer unless major changes are made.
Oh darn. The Free Jerry crowd loses another.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion

Ok, not sure what brought this on.
But I've been pretty vocal about this situation since last night.
I live here and it effects me deeply.
I did leave work early and I am glad I did, not because something bad happened but
the exact opposite. Something amazing is happening and continues to happen since I got
in from walking around the neighborhood. The change in the air is palpable and its all for the better. There are groups of young, old, black, white just sort of celebrating but still demonstrating and asking for justice and change. It really is/was amazing.
I hope it continues through the weekend.
This is the Baltimore that I hope the nation is seeing.

I go back to the days where you just trolled Hurricane fans and they almost jumped you for being so obnoxious. Yeah, my memory isn't so short either. I can care less if you stay or go as I don't need to see anymore JZ links. A city was burning down and you were talking about W's and L's of a baseball game....yeah...I am better than that guy. Sorry.

Right or wrong perception, here is what I see.

The police under the law cannot enforce real protection for the

public because the courts just turn them loose, so they (police)have

succumbed to “God Father” tactics.

Therefore the criminal element fears the police NOT the LAW (nickel ride and

beating to death just like Puzo wrote in his book).

Therefore the criminal element fears the police NOT the LAW (nickel ride and

beating to death just like Puzo wrote in his book).

Sadly, this is the case. The rule of law is replaced with the fear of those enforcing the laws without respect for either.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Interesting, where in this conservative south are these crimes occuring? I'm in NOLA, but I'm sure they are the exception to the rule in terms of where this crime is occurring. When you play the card, you should really have a good reason to. If you do it early and often it loses it value. Just an FYI.

Stupidity exists everywhere, with every occupation, and with every color. No need to justify it.
Perhaps the NOLA cops have learned to stop doing the crime of giving nickel rides?

Of course, it is very convenient to forget what happened to some of the folks after Katrina, especially when one is white, no?

Of course, too many politicians that have never worked a day in there life, can't expect them to problem solve, Blake is one of them. A complete buffoon.

Doubt they rebuild--and the only people that hurts are the ones that live there.
They will rebuild. They have contracts for provision of prescription medication that supersede the destruction of one store. (And, that is only one of the reasons that they will rebuid.) They will rebuild, and everybody will be glad they did. We likely will not here of that, though. So, some people can still pretend.

They will rebuild. They have contracts for provision of prescription medication that supersede the destruction of one store. (And, that is only one of the reasons that they will rebuid.) They will rebuild, and everybody will be glad they did. We likely will not here of that, though. So, some people can still pretend.

Exactly. The national chains will rebuild, its the mom and pop places that I doubt can come back from this.
There was a family owned shoe story that lost over 1 million dollars of inventory. Those are they types of places I worry about being
able to weather the storm.

They will, but Sandtown wasn't drawing much of a shopping crowd before all of this. Most of the natives still had to go to Forest Park or Mondawmin to get what they needed anyway.

FWIW, last night I noticed a distinct difference between the local news coverage and that of the cable news Networks. It was like night and day. The local channels were showing live coverage of various neighborhood gatherings. Local youth dance groups and bands were performing for everyone. A pretty uplifting evening. They were all saying that Baltimore and even the impoverished neighborhoods are not solely defined by Tuesday night.

Meanwhile, the cable news networks were focused on showing video of Tuesday's events and/or digging at the Mayor's misstatements regarding space and peaceful protests.

It means that those of you outside of the metro tv market are getting a distinctly skewed version of the situation.

So, what else are we getting that is distinctly skewed? Makes you want to puke, doesn't it?

PS - NPR did a nice piece this morning about cleaning up and they discussed the events with a few Sandtown residents. You could tell that these guys were not the brightest guys out there but still, it makes their point even better. They both indicated that the events of Freddy Gray were not about race but rather about decades worth of police brutality. Having said that, remember that about 50% of the Baltimore metro police force is African American.

Exactly. Me and a couple neighbors walked through Mt. Vernon and then over to City Hall to see the gathering. It was a very powerful and moving speech/protest/demonstration.
Got back in and turned on the TV and saw a completely different broadcast from CNN and NBC.
Hell Lester Holt is standing in front of the Sr. Center that burned and even though they don't know what started that fire they sure "think" and report like they do.
But since we have all gone through the Media's complete distortion and fact challenged reports of Penn State I didn't really think there would be a fair or even balanced viewpoint given.

I had a lot of hope after last night and even after some of the minor dust after curfew I still have some hope things will work out. (speaking of the curfew funny how all of them went inside after the media left.)

I am concerned though about Sat. Malik Shabazz is supposed to be leading a big march and he's a major trouble maker. He was also leading the march last Sat. that ended in a riot.
But I really have to hand it to those kids yesterday they did an amazing job of trying to turn the sentiment and still voice displeasure with the system.

Last edited:
Perhaps the NOLA cops have learned to stop doing the crime of giving nickel rides?

Of course, it is very convenient to forget what happened to some of the folks after Katrina, especially when one is white, no?

What happened during Katrina? The same Katrina where cops were also looting and were caught on TV doing so. Did you have to bribe people to go and see your sick relative by giving them money to cross a bridge? Oh I doubt it, but then again that wasn't on the news. It wasn't the cops with their hands out bribing people, but that's ok...it was just a convenience tax I guess. Was it on the news where the Jefferson Parish sheriff at the time had to put cops in some neighborhoods to prevent looting from homes and it wasn't for food. Just think if people weren't robbing and steeling during that disaster if those cops could have been out helping those who really needed it. It's pretty convenient to make assumptions when you really don't know what happened.

What happened during a natural disaster has little to do with what occurred in Baltimore. The only thing that is similar is a portion of people decided to use an awful event to loot, rob, and steel. There were plenty of people helping each other out, but those stranded made a much better story. Ratings matter, don't forget that.

I don't think for a second that all cops are clean, but I also don't think everyone arrested is always just a target. I've had the 12 year old kids try to car jack me on Mardi Gras day with a pistol. I also flagged down a cop 2 blocks away and he stated they are probably gone by now (2 minutes later), but he'll call it in. He didn't want to drive the two blocks to check it out....by the way this cop was not white if that even matters. Their are bad cops, doctors, politicians....but I have no GD clue who or why you brought that up.

Last edited:
FWIW, last night I noticed a distinct difference between the local news coverage and that of the cable news Networks. It was like night and day. The local channels were showing live coverage of various neighborhood gatherings. Local youth dance groups and bands were performing for everyone. A pretty uplifting evening. They were all saying that Baltimore and even the impoverished neighborhoods are not solely defined by Tuesday night.

Meanwhile, the cable news networks were focused on showing video of Tuesday's events and/or digging at the Mayor's misstatements regarding space and peaceful protests.

It means that those of you outside of the metro tv market are getting a distinctly skewed version of the situation.

So, what else are we getting that is distinctly skewed? Makes you want to puke, doesn't it?

PS - NPR did a nice piece this morning about cleaning up and they discussed the events with a few Sandtown residents. You could tell that these guys were not the brightest guys out there but still, it makes their point even better. They both indicated that the events of Freddy Gray were not about race but rather about decades worth of police brutality. Having said that, remember that about 50% of the Baltimore metro police force is African American.

They pretty much ran out of negative things to talk about on the networks so they started replaying everything. The National networks never really left North Ave. either, so for the most part they had no idea what was happening in other parts of the city.

Have been around to some of the college Campuses today.... Morgan, Coppin, JHU, all seem to be really upbeat with a lot of positivity.

We'll see what happens this weekend, but I don't expect much to happen the rest of this week.

support.....

Large scale looting and rioting.

FREDDY GRAY’S ARREST RECORD: Here’s The Rap Sheet Of The Guy They’re Destroying Baltimore Over

by Top Right News on April 27, 2015 in Baltimore, Crime, Freddy Gray, Race, Viral

gray-record

by Brooke Bosca |

As Baltimore’s destructive #BlackLivesMatter riots continue to rage, some new information has been revealed about the gentleman they’re burning Baltimore down for.

According to the Maryland Department of Justice, Freddie Gray had the 18 documented arrests below, at a minimum:

freddie-gray-arrest

• March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance

• March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault

• January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing

• January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute

• December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute

• December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing

• January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana

• September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape

• April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation

• July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute

• March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute

• February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation

• August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana

• August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

Baltimore Deputy police commissioner Jerry Rodriguez stated:

“We had officers in a high-crime area known to have high narcotic incidents. The officers believe that Mr. Gray was immediately involved or recently involved in criminal activity and decided to make contact.”

Of course after Freddie Gray’s arrest, we’re all familiar with what occurred afterwards. In the meantime, it appears that thugs are burning Baltimore down for a felon and a drug dealer.

Eh, to me, there is a lot of crap on that list.

FREDDY GRAY’S ARREST RECORD: Here’s The Rap Sheet Of The Guy They’re Destroying Baltimore Over

by Top Right News on April 27, 2015 in Baltimore, Crime, Freddy Gray, Race, Viral

gray-record

by Brooke Bosca |

As Baltimore’s destructive #BlackLivesMatter riots continue to rage, some new information has been revealed about the gentleman they’re burning Baltimore down for.

According to the Maryland Department of Justice, Freddie Gray had the 18 documented arrests below, at a minimum:

freddie-gray-arrest

• March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance

• March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault

• January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing

• January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute

• December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute

• December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing

• January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana

• September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape

• April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation

• July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute

• March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute

• February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation

• August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana

• August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

Baltimore Deputy police commissioner Jerry Rodriguez stated:

“We had officers in a high-crime area known to have high narcotic incidents. The officers believe that Mr. Gray was immediately involved or recently involved in criminal activity and decided to make contact.”

Of course after Freddie Gray’s arrest, we’re all familiar with what occurred afterwards. In the meantime, it appears that thugs are burning Baltimore down for a felon and a drug dealer.

The kids bust record indicates he was a nuisance, nothing more. I used to live in DC in a recovering neighborhood. I would sit on the front porch with my neighbors and watch the corner market. Everybody believed that if they just legalized every thing and created a distribution system and zone ( for heroine and crack ) that the problem would go away, be minimized and be controllable. The police would have to police a much more centralized area.

Take a look at how Vancouver or other international cities deal with this.

And this was in 1989. Nothing has changed so guys like this keep coming back after getting released. Our system is stupid and broken. Your tax dollars at work. For profit jails in need of inmates.

Last edited:
Reactions: simons96
The kids bust record indicates he was a nuisance, nothing more. I used to live in DC in a recovering neighborhood. I would sit on the front porch with my neighbors and watch the corner market. Everybody believed that if they just legalized every thing and created a distribution system and zone ( for heroine and crack ) that the problem would go away, be minimized and be controllable. The police would have to police a much more centralized area.

And this was in 1989. Nothing has changed so guys like this keep coming back after getting released. Our system is stupid and broken. Your tax dollars at work. For profit jails in need of inmates.

how many convictions?? that should tell you how full of crap his arrest record is . . . another tired tactic of "smear the victim" so people get distracted from the police investigating themselves . . .

how many convictions?? that should tell you how full of crap his arrest record is . . . another tired tactic of "smear the victim" so people get distracted from the police investigating themselves . . .

So the legalization of illegal drugs and narcotics will solve the problems of our inner city poor neighborhoods? Does the government now hand out drug stamps? Sounds great, let's give it a try.

So the legalization of illegal drugs and narcotics will solve the problems of our inner city poor neighborhoods? Does the government now hand out drug stamps? Sounds great, let's give it a try.

Well the war on drugs has been an epic failure unless you own a jail. Has the crime rate gone up or down in Co or Ca? I don't know, but it is something that needs to be looked into.

yeah, another internal investigation. Awesome. Philadelphia decriminalized marijuana and unburdened their court system of 3000 cases a year. Many millions of tax dollars also no longer being thrown at this.[/QUOTE]

how is the view with your head in the sand? Take away the opportunity for these kids to make a living dealing. that alone solves a lot of problems. funnel that savings into any kind of program that shows success for training these kids to do something else. there are so many better things to try than the same old, same old which produces zero positive results.

Well the war on drugs has been an epic failure unless you own a jail. Has the crime rate gone up or down in Co or Ca? I don't know, but it is something that needs to be looked into.
I'm hearing from a good friend who lives in Colorado that the drug dealers actually WANTED marijuana to be legalized. Why? It's an introductory drug to the more hardcore drugs. I say no to legalization.

The lessons learned from the "French Revolution" may need tweaking.

The "French Revolution taught the rich that these two things ensure their safety.

1. Rule # 1, the rich are only as well off as the poor...and prevent anarchy
by keeping the poor people's bellies full of free food.
2. Rule # 2, give the poor free substandard housing where they can eat their
free food.
3. Rule # 3, give them free money to spend and free health care.

New item needs to be Rule # 4....Let them do drugs and stop beating them to
death in the police vans.

My reference to poor means, white, black, Hispanic,,,any person can be poor.

you did not answer my question.

The lessons learned from the "French Revolution" may need tweaking.

The "French Revolution taught the rich that these two things ensure their safety.

1. Rule # 1, the rich are only as well off as the poor...and prevent anarchy
by keeping the poor people's bellies full of free food.
2. Rule # 2, give the poor free substandard housing where they can eat their
free food.
3. Rule # 3, give them free money to spend and free health care.

New item needs to be Rule # 4....Let them do drugs and stop beating them to
death in the police vans.

My reference to poor means, white, black, Hispanic,,,any person can be poor.

Interestingly--and you can look it up--one of the first examples of this was Bismarck. He introduced old age pensions and a number of other items like this to forestall a revolution that he saw coming. And he was on the conservative side of things to say the least.

I'm hearing from a good friend who lives in Colorado that the drug dealers actually WANTED marijuana to be legalized. Why? It's an introductory drug to the more hardcore drugs. I say no to legalization.

I've heard the same but for a different reason. Because with the taxes applied the dealers have a cheaper product.
But I disagree about it being an "introductory" drug. If there is a bigger "introductory" drug than alcohol I'd like to see it.

Really. Odd I heard the opposite. It won't stop drug usage either way.

Yes because selling weed is reason enough for reason enough for his spine to be broken.
Interestingly--and you can look it up--one of the first examples of this was Bismarck. He introduced old age pensions and a number of other items like this to forestall a revolution that he saw coming. And he was on the conservative side of things to say the least.

I especially like his pastry.

Reactions: simons96
yeah, another internal investigation. Awesome. Philadelphia decriminalized marijuana and unburdened their court system of 3000 cases a year. Many millions of tax dollars also no longer being thrown at this.

how is the view with your head in the sand? Take away the opportunity for these kids to make a living dealing. that alone solves a lot of problems. funnel that savings into any kind of program that shows success for training these kids to do something else. there are so many better things to try than the same old, same old which produces zero positive results.[/QUOTE
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/nine-months-colorado-legalized-recreational-marijuana/

I get the decriminalization part, There is no need to throw someone in jail for possession of small amounts of marijuana, but if you believe that legalization will end the black market/drug pushing you need to take a look at what has actually happened in Colorado. The pushers and black market are still there. The anticipated cash cow in tax revenues never materialized.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/12/colorado-s-pot-revenue-goes-up-in-smoke.html

Last edited:
Bro, I see you've been burnin' the blunt yourself. REALLY? WHO do you think is buying the drugs? It's white upper-middle class people. there is a reason that a lot of Drugs are sold on Northern Avenue....It's a Corridor into inner city...so white people can have access to the drugs. Look at a map. I bet that you will find drugs sold on the street in most cities on avenues that provide easy access in and access out to the white suburbs.

BTW, the most abused drugs in the world are prescription pain killers...LOOK IT UP. That means that our boy "Kenny" is one of the biggest drug "pushers" in the world.

One last though on pot....it is NOT a "gateway" drug. That was a load of crap along with a lot of other loads of crap that we were fed by the powers that be throughout the last 100 years.

If you have Netflix you should watch the documentary called "Culture High" it's long but it's very enlightening. The "war on drugs" is a total and unmitigated failure. It costs us BILLIONS per year and yet drug use hasn't been dented ONE scintilla. BILLIONS! It has been ongoing for 100 years now and everything we have done has failed by any measure. So, you would hope that logic should prevail but it hasn't. I want us to do something that is supported by good hard numbers and is cost effective. What we have today is crap.

Pot is not a problem...I bet that in Freddie Gray's neighborhood (Sandtown) that there are more alcoholics than drug addicts and that more people/families are suffering from the effects of alcohol related issues (spousal abuse, fetal alcohol syndrome, unemployment et al).

And for the record, I have smoked pot a half dozen times in my life. I did inhale and I totally liked it but I haven't smoked weed in more than 30 years. So there! So much for a gateway drug.

Agree completely. Before Harford high became "heroin" high they were all going into the city to buy.
Like I said in the post above if there is a bigger "gateway" drug than alcohol someone needs to show it to me.

I've heard the same but for a different reason. Because with the taxes applied the dealers have a cheaper product.
But I disagree about it being an "introductory" drug. If there is a bigger "introductory" drug than alcohol I'd like to see it.
Well, I didn't say that alcohol wasn't an introductory drug. For sure it is. Ask Darryl Strawberry.

I'm about 8 blocks up from the scene right now. A lot of Penn Staters live here, especially in Federal Hill and Stadium north. Prayers for safety for all of my Nittany Lion Brethern all over the city.

Maybe you should arm and protect yourselves, as the constitution guarantee's your right to do. Oh, I forgot. Your state has chosen to ignore the constitution.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT