ADVERTISEMENT

Baa, baa, baa

If you have had Comcast for a while, they have something called like "Xfinity Rewards" or something and you might be eligible for free Peacock. But it has to be "activated" as opposed to automatically getting it.

Based on how it went on Saturday night, I'd expect more of this in the future...23 million viewers between Peacock and the local feeds...assume this had to surpass pretty much everyone's expectations.

NBCSPORTS.com's Peter King notes he was "really surprised" the audience for Saturday's game was up 6% from the comparable Chargers-Jaguars game last year, which aired on NBC. King: "Either I underestimated the power of Mahomes, of Taylor Swift, or of Americans’ love of football" (NBCSPORTS.com, 1/15).

What they aren't saying is how many people actually paid for a subscription to watch the game. Or how many free trials have been canceled since. The one and only reason I watched is because my cable company gives me a free year of Peacock, which I started the week that PSU played on it. The minute I have to start paying, I'm cancelling.

Reactions: psu1969a
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT