ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championships Session 1 Thread

Byers says Nolf will wear a brace, and he will compete in the tournament. He will wrestle R1, and they'll evaluate. If he's OK, he'll wrestle R2. At that point they'll have a serious talk -- sounds very questionable as to whether he'll wrestle beyond that

Reactions: diggerpup
Something was broken on BTN plus...wouldn't let me subscribed despite trying several different cards. Ended up biting then bullet and paying $150 for Flo though.

I am getting no video on BTN2go. I am signed in. Anyone else?

Never mind. Got it.

Byers says Nolf will wear a brace, and he will compete in the tournament. He will wrestle R1, and they'll evaluate. If he's OK, he'll wrestle R2. At that point they'll have a serious talk -- sounds very questionable as to whether he'll wrestle beyond that

I understand Nolfstradamus has foreseen the outcome of each of his matches this weekend and has even written them down on parchment.

125: Carson Kuhn vs. #3 seed Nathan Tomasello (NaTo)

Per 1
NaTo in quickly on a double for the TD, 0-2. He cuts Kuhn for the esc, 1-2. Stall warning on Kuhn. NaTo in on another double for a TD, 1-4. NaTo working a 2-on-1. Stall warning on Kuhn so that's a point, 1-5. NaTo tilts him but Kuhn rolls thru -- no points. NaTo tilts him again and gets swipes, and gets 4 NF, 1-9. OOB with 18 sec. Kuhn with the esc, then injury timeout for Kuhn. Looks to have hurt his elbow during the escape. 2-9. Per Byers, Kuhn's right elbow has been a problem since Carson arrived on campus. NaTo takes bottom for the restart, and quickly escapes, 2-10. End

Per 2
NaTo takes bottom, and he's out quickly, 1-11. Kuhn tries a shot, NaTo counters and gets behind for the TD, 2-13. Kuhn to his feet, turns, then NaTo lifts Kuhn's leg, and they go OOB with 1:01 left. Optional start, and Kuhn is out, 3-13. Kuhn in on a double, they scramble, and nothing, then OOB with 43 sec left. NaTo in on a single off the whistle for the TD, 3-15. NaTo throws in a boot. Kuhn nearly gets out but the whistle sounds. Over 2 min in RT for NaTo

Per 3
Kuhn takes bottom. NaTo cuts Kuhn, 4-15. NaTo shoots, Kuhn staves it off, but NaTo back in for the TD, 4-17, then he cuts Kuhn, 5-17. NaTo with a trip for a TD, 5-19, and he cuts Kuhn, 6-19. NaTo in on a single and he gets a 6-21 TF @ 5:51

Tough start for Carson

Keener has a bye in R1, so it will a bit of a wait for the next PSU match, involving Nick Lee

What have liked to have seen a few headlock attempts from Kuhn. Especially when he was way behind.:(

Sure hope for Kuhns sake he can pull out a win while wearing a PSU singlet

Dieh/Red match exciting. Dieh hits a mixer, can't close it. Red ends up putting Diehl on his back, but no NF. 2-0 Red.

When I go to 4 mats at full screen, I lose the top of mats 1 and 2. Happening to anyone else?

Last edited:
Minny in 1st place with 4 points. Penn State tied for last with 0.

JRent of Nebby gets the fall. Boy, Iowa could have really used him at 133.

Pletcher in a bind. Getting ridden all third period. A riding time point would tie it for Pepple. Pletcher hit with a stall.

I guess was something with having both arms around the head without being limp or something like that

Pletcher got really lucky there. He's not going to perform at NCAAs like OSU needs him to. He does not have enough offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT