ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championships Session 1 Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I'm setting this up in advance. Please use it to discuss anything having to do with Session 1. If responding to other posts, please use the Quote function.

Unfortunately, it appears that I will not be around for Session 1, so I don't anticipate being able to provide PBP. Hopefully several of you will keep everyone informed of what mat a bout is coming up on, what happened in any match involving a PSU wrestler, what the team score looks like, etc. NOTE: My plans have changed, so I'll be around for Session 1, and I expect to be able to do PBP.

Time:
Wrestling is slated to begin at 10 am EST

TV:
None

Video Streaming:
Those that have a BTN+ subscription should be able to stream the action on their computer.

Those that have a FloPro subscription should be able to stream the action on their computer.

Those that have a BTN+ subscription, but can't sit at their computer, should be able to watch the action on their SmartPhone, or other portable device via BTN2Go

Radio Streaming:
Byers' radio BPB coverage will be streamed for free, starting at 9:40 am EST, at this link:

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=572194

Team Scoring:
In general, the best place to follow the team score is the Penn State Wrestling Club web site, at:

https://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/

Mat Assignments:
In general, the best place to follow that is via the Dashboard on TrackWrestling

Looking ahead, Session 2 (semis and consolations) is slated to begin at 6 pm EST on Saturday, Session 3 (consolation semis, 7th-place matches) is slated to begin at noon EST on Sunday, and Session 4 (finals, and 3rd place and 5th place matches) is slated to begin at 3 pm EST on Sunday. The video streaming should be the same for all sessions. The audio streaming should be similar, with coverage starting 20 minutes before the start of the Session, though the last digit of the link may change for each Session. The BTN will show Session 4 on TV. My expectations are to be available for Session 2 and for Session 4.

We Are ...

- ready to get the postseason started
- looking forward to our guys winning, and racking up bonus points
- hoping that Jason can wrestle, but would understand if he forfeits his matches
- curious to see how Kuhn, Keener, Lee, and Rasheed do in their first B1G Championship
- expecting to have a lot of FUN

... Penn State !!!!!!!!

I'm new to btn+. Anyone know if they do any kind of pre-show show? Something like JB's 20 minute intro?

I'm new to btn+. Anyone know if they do any kind of pre-show show? Something like JB's 20 minute intro?

I don't believe it is much of a production, but more like a camera for each mat. I assume they will have announcers for each mat and that's about as much as it will be until they get to the TV broadcast. I could be wrong as my memory from last year is shaky.

If you don't have access to video or just don't want to pay for it, the best way to follow the tournament is at trackwrestling.com. Click on the Browse icon at the top, then Tournaments. One of the first few tournaments in the subsequent list will be the Big Ten. Enter the tournament. You can see all active mats w/scores (animated, not video), recent results, upcoming mat assignments, etc on the Hub. Individual brackets w/ results can be accessed anytime. No fee for any of that. If you click on one of the video icons, it should take you to the BTN+ feed which requires subscription. Can be accessed on mobile as well.

Nice way to keep up if you are on the go and don't do video, plus the brackets, current matches, etc are laid out for easy access.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
I don't believe it is much of a production, but more like a camera for each mat. I assume they will have announcers for each mat and that's about as much as it will be until they get to the TV broadcast. I could be wrong as my memory from last year is shaky.

In the past no actual announcers. They have a microphone at the scorer's table.

If you don't have access to video or just don't want to pay for it, the best way to follow the tournament is at trackwrestling.com. Click on the Browse icon at the top, then Tournaments. One of the first few tournaments in the subsequent list will be the Big Ten. Enter the tournament. You can see all active mats w/scores (animated, not video), recent results, upcoming mat assignments, etc on the Hub. Individual brackets w/ results can be accessed anytime. No fee for any of that. If you click on one of the video icons, it should take you to the BTN+ feed which requires subscription. Can be accessed on mobile as well.

Nice way to keep up if you are on the go and don't do video, plus the brackets, current matches, etc are laid out for easy access.
This is good advice except the BEST way is to listen to Byers. Also free on GoPSUsports or the psu mobile app..,

Reactions: JimNazium
Here's a tech suggestion and a tech question.

I am currently planning on playing Jeff through my Amazon Echo, using the TuneIn radio app on WRSC 1390. Big assumption on my part that they will be broadcasting the whole B1G.

My question is whether you can stream gopsusports through Alexa, as well, in case Tune-in radio doesn't work? Any ideas how?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out. Use Alexa as a bluetooth speaker. That should have been obvious. I was trying to figure out how to tell Alexa to go to www.gopsusports.

Will there be a round of consys at 6pm before the quarters tonight? Trying to make dinner plans.

So, I'm a leap baby, which means I didn't have an official birthday this year, but I am now 50. Mrs.pawrestlers was attempting to throw me a surprise party TONIGHT. On Tuesday, she told me that we had plans on Saturday. I said, "Our plans don't include me, I hope," explaining that Big Tens were this weekend. She panicked and had to ruin the surprise. However, I am going to have a house full of people at 5:00, trying to help me celebrate my birthday. I guess I'll just have to tell them that their gift to me is watching Big Tens with me.

Will there be a round of consys at 6pm before the quarters tonight? Trying to make dinner plans.

Good question. I did notice that the BTNPlus schedule has session II starting at 4:30. However, everything else I've seen about session II has it starting at 6.

I hope everything starts at 6. That way we have an appetizer of psu basketball prior to wrestling.

So, I'm a leap baby, which means I didn't have an official birthday this year, but I am now 50. Mrs.pawrestlers was attempting to throw me a surprise party TONIGHT. On Tuesday, she told me that we had plans on Saturday. I said, "Our plans don't include me, I hope," explaining that Big Tens were this weekend. She panicked and had to ruin the surprise. However, I am going to have a house full of people at 5:00, trying to help me celebrate my birthday. I guess I'll just have to tell them that their gift to me is watching Big Tens with me.
Happy 50 years! Since you’re 50 already, it’s probably too late for a new wife. ;)

Just kidding. Congratulations that your wife cares for you enough to make you a party!

Any more info on tonights session? WIll be home by 7:00pm really hoping for a round of consi action prior to semis

Anyone getting errors trying to subscribe to BTN plus?

Also, Flowrestling is $150/yer..no monthly option now?

School pass isn’t showing wrestling on today’s schedule . Who knows I’m on my phone and always have issues with BTN2GO

BTN Plus shows it on the btn2go.com website and flo has full coverage as well. Not sure about School Pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT