ADVERTISEMENT

App State

PSU.:.

Jun 18, 2012
Bloomsburg PA
This team is really good and looks like a strength to PSU's out of confrence schedule.
I know they play very weak teams but they blown everybody else out by halftime. They should be ranked in top 25 by end of season.

Do you get ranked by playing their schedule? All we know is they should have beat PSU......Does that mean that PSU wasn't prepared to play football or App State is good? Perhaps a little of both. What would the results be vs. Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma, ND, Ohio State, etc.?

I say besides Alabama they could give any of those a game on opening day. Especially Oklahoma and Notre Dame.

Do you get ranked by playing their schedule? All we know is they should have beat PSU......Does that mean that PSU wasn't prepared to play football or App State is good? Perhaps a little of both. What would the results be vs. Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma, ND, Ohio State, etc.?

if Givens was not kept out of that game - we would have smoked them. their QB would have been sacked multiple times and never a threat.

App State should be ranked right now. They’re a bonafide top-25 team, and they’re probably edging toward the top-15.

I say besides Alabama they could give any of those a game on opening day. Especially Oklahoma and Notre Dame.

Just like everyone thought Notre Dame sucked and Stanford was going to kill them.

I’ll say it again. Nothing against App State, but they got us in week 1. They play us now and we beat them 17-28 points.

Don’t get carried away. They have a high school schedule v
The opponent-adjusted S&P+ has App State ranked #16 overall. Maybe top-15 is pushing it, but it’s not a stretch at all to say that they’re a top 25 team right now.

I believe half the issue is that there's still a lot of folks, including the writers who cover - and vote in the polls - mistakenly still think App State is still a Division ll program like they were when they beat Michigan years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown

Probably not but that doesn't mean they aren't good.

Just like everyone thought Notre Dame sucked and Stanford was going to kill them.

I’ll say it again. Nothing against App State, but they got us in week 1. They play us now and we beat them 17-28 points.

Right and if they catch Notre Dame in week one, that would have been tough

If APP State plays a NYD bowl.....PSU should go independent and play their schedule. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT