ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else see the "b1g Today" show this afternoon?

I have a weird optimism about this game.

I think there's a 40% chance we dominate the game. Like 17 points or more.
I think there's a 30% chance Iowa wins a close one...low scoring, one or two game-changing turnovers by Clifford or Lee.
I think there's a 30% chance PSU wins a close one....low scoring, one or two game-changing turnovers by Petras.

That said, my optimism doesn't extend through the rest of the season. I easily see us stubbing our toe against OSU, UM, and/or MSU. I think we're thin at certain spots...and the difficulty of the Big Ten East will catch up with our depth chart (imagine 1 DL and LB starter going down...or one starting WR).

I think we'll be a 10-2 team in December...but I don't think one of those losses will be Iowa.

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
Hi guys,

I am really looking forward to the game. This is the game that scared me the most this year. I did watch the BIG show, and all accounts are accurate. I (as a Hawk fan) could not believe the amount of time they spent on the Hawks. Maybe it really is because, well....it is not uncommon for PSU to be in this position, while the Hawks just don't see this happen very often. Kind of a good, new story....albeit....over the top.

My concern for this game is in 3 areas.
  • Dotson going Barkley on us (I said this in a prior thread)
  • Clifford's poise and scrambling ability.
  • The fact that your D is as good, if not better then ours.
I am so glad that the game is in Kinnick. But for cripes sake, your boys have won the last three at our place. UGH!!

Good luck and lets hope that no matter what happens....we meet in the BIG Championship!!!
If we win and this game is as hard fought as I think it will be, I would rather not see your boys again lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkman34
A textbook demonstration of how heavily biased the "traditional b1g" is against PSU. The first 15 minutes of the show are dedicated to an Iowa love-fest by all three of the hosts, who unanimously declare that Iowa is the best team in the Conference. And declare their rationale for Iowa over PSU is that Iowa has a "Complete Offense" while PSU's running game has struggled and struggled on 3rd down Conversions.....blah, blah, blah. Then the female host goes on to tell us that she was originally fooled by Iowa having the lowest offensive output of any team in the league, but then figured out that "they only have to go 40 yards on most of their drives due to takeaways....." (the real stat is that they have started 25% of their drives in plus-territory - i.e., opponent side of field). Anyway, she explains that this is why their offensive numbers aren't much better - these short fields have prevented them from racking up huge numbers???? Then she talks about how good their running game is (and is backed up by Howard the traditional b1g homer on the point).... I mean the number of staggeringly dumb things they said which were directly contradictory to what they had just hammered PSU for was staggering! For instance, please do explain how a "short field" (which was grossly exaggerated) would explain why Iowa's Yards Per Rushing Attempt is abysmal and second worst in the Conference at 3.4 ypc (and worse than PSU's ypc average of 3.9)???? Do tell how a short field explains why Iowa's 3rd Down Conversion Rate is again second worst in the b1g (and again slightly worse than PSU's)???

How on earth can these items be hammered on as huge weaknesses for PSU, but not for Iowa, when Iowa's numbers are slightly worse than PSU's in these categories, especially when Iowa's Total Offense is the WORST in the entire Conference at 320 yards per game (and way worse than PSU's Total Offense of 423 ypg)????
I think you need to cry someplace else. I thought the reporting was fair.

They need Iowa to be undefeated when they meet the winner of the OSU and that other school in B10 championship. They'll do their best to make it happen. The officials will play a large role this weekend, so I am sure we'll get the "best" crew. But, we shall overcome!
And Shazam, we did

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT