ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance of this happening at 125-133 in the future?

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
This scenario would have been unthinkable a short while ago, but now I'm not so sure...

What are the odds that Lilledahl settles in at 125 and then Braeden Davis bumps up and beats out Nagao for the 133 spot?

Is this insane?

I mean, it could happen but doesn’t have to.

Next year you get
125 Davis true Sophomore, Lilledahl redshirt
133 Nagao r-junior

Year after
125 Lilledahl rFr, Davis redshirt
133 Nagao r-senior

Year after
125 Lilledahl rSo
133 Davis rJr

Nathan Desmond is the one that’ll never find a spot. Did I mention I hate you guys?

I mean, it could happen but doesn’t have to.

Next year you get
125 Davis true Sophomore, Lilledahl redshirt
133 Nagao r-junior

Year after
125 Lilledahl rFr, Davis redshirt
133 Nagao r-senior

Year after
125 Lilledahl rSo
133 Davis rJr

Nathan Desmond is the one that’ll never find a spot. Did I mention I hate you guys?
OT a little but I was watching OKST vs Pitt and Spratlet and Jamison looked great and I couldn’t help but feel bad for Minny fans. Spratley Nagao Jamison all with 3-4 years left is genuinely 10+ AA seasons between the 3

Lilledahl is at 132 in HS now. If he’s growing (and observing Cael’s outlook on big cuts), I think it’s probably more likely he RS’s next year then takes over 141 when Beau leaves.
I think he did that just for a dual, he's been wrestling 125 for free and 126 in college otherwise. I definitely can see him at 133 eventually though, frame doesn't look like career 125.

I think he did that just for a dual, he's been wrestling 125 for free and 126 in college otherwise. I definitely can see him at 133 eventually though, frame doesn't look like career 125.
Lilledahl has actually been up a weight for 4 duals, but I agree with your point.

It's exceedingly rare for a wrestler to outgrow his weight during the season, and there's no reason yet to believe he's an exception.

It's far more likely that Wyoming Seminary moves him to where he's needed, as he's their best wrestler. HS teams do that. Just ask Verk, bumping up 3 weights to face Stefanik at state duals. (Or maybe Luke ate during the holidays.)

Speaking of Verk bumping up: if Lilledahl weighed in above 126 for any of those duals, then he must follow descent rules. Which would explain him being at 132 for 4 matches instead of 1.

Depth is for situations like a season ending injury to Van Ness, it shakes out... always.

Depth is for situations like a season ending injury to Van Ness, it shakes out... always.
I, for one, am scared that Cael won’t plan for this contingency.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT