ADVERTISEMENT

And OU jumps PSU

Then why not jump everyone else, they didn't jump OSU whis best win in 5-2 Notre dame vs our win over 5-1 iowa
Which one or those two teams is ranked? Please tell me you don't believe anyone voting thinks Iowa at home is a better than ND on the road.

Reality Michigan and Georgia are widely considered the best 2 teams in the country while OU OSU and FSU have a better win than us. I think we're comparable to OU and OSU (better than FSU) but it makes sense. Thinking Iowa is a better win doesn't make sense. No one believes that.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
yeah. a bump down one spot

Only with the Midwest voters. West coast starts next year. 😎 lol

---

In reality, we are down by 5 votes to OU. Considering they won against a team many pegged for the playoff after beating Bama, we should not care. Not today at least. Beat OSU and our goals are achievable.

The coaches having Bama over Texas is the crime of these polls IMO.

Early season polls are very speculative, due to lack of on-field evidence. So the fact that Oklahoma "jumped" is meaningless, since their previous ranking also has little meaning. The real question is whether they now deserve to be number five, not whether they should have jumped so far.

So why not jump OSU as well?
It's not that black and white. The fact that OSU hasn't faced a team as good as Texas (if you believe that to be true) is not OSU's fault and does not mean they are a lesser team. An early season human poll, by it's nature, is at least partially speculative.

It's not that black and white. The fact that OSU hasn't faced a team as good as Texas (if you believe that to be true) is not OSU's fault and does not mean they are a lesser team. An early season human poll, by it's nature, is at least partially speculative.
And it's not PSUs fault they haven't played someone as good as Texas.....see how that works

And it's not PSUs fault they haven't played someone as good as Texas.....see how that works
Correct, and maybe that's why we're not ranked lower. Because despite the lack of a great opponent so far, the voters can see the talent. See how that works?

• Love
Reactions: step.eng69
I mean, we could schedule an opener against a real opponent or we could stop crying about them passing us and wait to see what happens if we beat Ohio State--hint: we'll pass them

Reactions: step.eng69
If everyone above us wins next week, we will end up falling one spot when the Washington/Oregon winner passes us.

Winner of Iowa/Wisconsin this upcoming weekend will probably get into the rankings.

Correct, and maybe that's why we're not ranked lower. Because despite the lack of a great opponent so far, the voters can see the talent. See how that works?
What great opponent has OSU faced 5-2 notre dame yet they don't get jumped. See how that works? We can do this all day.

I mean, we could schedule an opener against a real opponent or we could stop crying about them passing us and wait to see what happens if we beat Ohio State--hint: we'll pass them
You mean like a power 5 school we did that. And that opponent is also 4-1.the point us every year PSU has to play their way in where as schools like OU jump us

You mean like a power 5 school we did that. And that opponent is also 4-1.the point us every year PSU has to play their way in where as schools like OU jump us
Lol pretending WVU is too again I see
Honestly you may be the only person that doesn't comprehend there's logic with this

sadly this actually happened to us when we were ranked #1 and beat OSU by 49 points, so why wouldn't we believe it
And unfortunately, you really can't recognize the difference between Ohio St in 1994 and Ohio St in 2023? You honestly believe we could drop after beating Ohio State this year?

What great opponent has OSU faced 5-2 notre dame yet they don't get jumped. See how that works? We can do this all day.
I already acknowledged that OSU may not have played a great opponent. You're missing my point, which is that it's not as simple as who you've beaten, especially at this point in the season. It's also based on the voters' evaluation of talent. Louisville is 6-0 and has beaten a higher ranked opponent than anyone we've beaten (the same Notre Dame that OSU beat). Yet, they are eight spots below us. FWIW, I don't dismiss the possibility of favoritism, but there are legitimate reasons why OU could jump us, but not OSU.

What's their record?
Look at who they beat not their record. Record means nothing as teams don't play comparable schedules. See Syracuse starting last year 6-0 and this year 4-0. Despite the record they were trash.

We can add FSU to the mix as well they jump us yet they can barely beat trams like Syracuse
But they have wins over LSU and Clemson who are respected by the voters. I think we're way better than FSU but we all know what wins are valued and which wins aren't. Iowa and WVU carry no weight. None.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT