ADVERTISEMENT

AND NOW... 2018 NCAA WRESTLING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

I LOVE THIS TEAM... the GRIT TO OVERCOME!!! Arguably, the teams best wrestler goes down, minus a 125 lber and 133 lber again this National Tournament and going against one of the most stacked teams in Ohio State and Penn State goes 4 for 5 in the finals. Dear Jesus... what a RIDE!!!

I LOVE THIS TEAM... the GRIT TO OVERCOME!!! Arguably, the teams best wrestler goes down, minus a 125 lber and 133 lber again this National Tournament and going against one of the most stacked teams in Ohio State and Penn State goes 4 for 5 in the finals. Dear Jesus... what a RIDE!!!
sure, but we were not minus a 133

Amen

Have a feeling it'll be at least 2024 before you might, perhaps, have to skip a year or two.
SHP... I don't know the Magic Cael and Company will produce in 2024... so I'm not getting hopes dashed until I see another Ohio State like team so stacked and Penn State maybe without 3 proven starters to give the other team a fair chance.

Last edited:

Great post Brother.

Here is what we overcame:

-Fixed seeds by Ryan designed to give his wrestlers the easiest path
-Same fixed seeds designed to give ours the hardest path
-A whole bunch of wrestlers turtle-ing up against our guys to avoid bonus, all tournament long, including the finals at 49 and 57
-Two of our guys in the first round being caught and pinned
-No 125 pounder
-half a point from our 33 pounder
-wrestled below seed at both 97 and heavy
-no bonus from finals at 49 and 57
-The greatest Ohio State team in history and the greatest 2nd place team in history
-Finals in Ohio, and the world rooting against us.

Amazing.

SHP... I don't know the Magic Cael and Company will produce in 2024... so I'm not getting hopes dashed until I see the another Ohio State like team so stacked and Penn State maybe without 3 proven starters to give the other team a fair chance.
Good point...I just used 2023 because Penn State probably has enough talent already in the pipeline to win national team titles until then.

Good point...I just used 2023 because Penn State probably has enough talent already in the pipeline to win national team titles until then.
SHP... I know you're more reality based than most of us fans. Thanks for your constant objectiveness and levity. I just hope this dynasty has a longer shelf life.

Last edited:
Reactions: SetonHallPirate
Great post Brother.

Here is what we overcame:

-Fixed seeds by Ryan designed to give his wrestlers the easiest path
-Same fixed seeds designed to give ours the hardest path
-A whole bunch of wrestlers turtle-ing up against our guys to avoid bonus, all tournament long, including the finals at 49 and 57
-Two of our guys in the first round being caught and pinned
-No 125 pounder
-half a point from our 33 pounder
-wrestled below seed at both 97 and heavy
-no bonus from finals at 49 and 57
-The greatest Ohio State team in history and the greatest 2nd place team in history
-Finals in Ohio, and the world rooting against us.

Amazing.
Thanks Brother... for finishing my thoughts. Were you in my head??

Reactions: Notsofastmyfriend21
And some little kid in Africa just earned himself a tOSU Champion t-shirt!
Would love to have one of those worthless teeshirts that the Ohio State suckers brought with them to the National Finals. At least some 3rd world kid will feel like a "nut" too or send one to Jammenz to add to his worthless collection. He's already knows he's a "NUT"... so no need to have his shirt emplazoned with a Buck "nut" on it.

Last edited:
A recruited, developed, in the program for at least a year or two years preferrably and non transferring 133 lber. There was a certain expectation of non stated understanding.

I know of no other program on earth that could lose an All American runner up at 125, and half a point at 133, and then win a National Championship against a literal all star team who brought in an All American 141 pounder and 165 pounder, and had the most celebrated heavyweight ever, and had 9 All Americans with easy draws, wrestling at home.

Just incredible. That's 7 of the last 8 and Gables' records are now in sight.

I know of no other program on earth that could lose an All American runner up at 125, and half a point at 133, and then win a National Championship against a literal all star team who brought in an All American 141 pounder and 165 pounder, and had the most celebrated heavyweight ever, and had 9 All Americans with easy draws, wrestling at home.

Just incredible. That's 7 of the last 8 and Gables' records are now in sight.
Bro... I concur... 100%.

So ecstatic about how these boys wrestle! This is truly something special and I am trying to really appreciate being lucky enough to choose Penn State as my favorite team when I was 8 years old

Your DOUCHE comment on your site... wasn't what you're portraying here about Nickal.

https://ohiostate.247sports.com/Board/101483/Contents/NCAA-Championships-116264666?Page=19
NYWRESTLER94
  • (711)
  • 25 months
16 minutes agovia Mobile
"I went from such a high to such a low during 184. Myles had his head down in the mat which caused Nickal to be able to get that momentum for the reversal and won them the title. Snyder winning helped but it still hurt. We left a lot of points on the board and still had our chances. I agree Nickal is a major douche for that comment."

That’s regarding what he said doesn’t change the fact i tip my hats off to you guys said the same thing to Carl when i saw him and the team walking to the hotel
It's Cael. Don't let his beating your Buckeye's constantly make you a bum of a fan. If you're going to congratulate him... at least don't be two faced in doing so and use Cael's proper name when you refer to your "Daddy".

And tell Kyle Snyder... that when you have the the all time rivalry in collegiate wrestling as he stated... the winning rival can't dominate you like Penn State has dominated Ohio State the past 8 years. Ohio State... 1 title and Penn State having 7. When you're a true rival... the winning percentages aren't so disparaging.

SHP... I don't know the Magic Cael and Company will produce in 2024... so I'm not getting hopes dashed until I see the another Ohio State like team so stacked and Penn State maybe without 3 proven starters to give the other team a fair chance.

Hey Aaron, I think SHP is overlooking our future secret weapon:

Sanderson and Cunningham's boys will be coming up :D

If EFFIN Ryan, Jaggers, Stieber and rest of the naval gazing Buckeye Nation would stop with their incessant braggadocio, sunshine-pumping, and passive-Aggressive crap, then a Bo Nickal wouldn’t feel the need to go all Muhammad Ali on the mic.

It’s really not that hard to understand

It's Cael. Don't let his beating your Buckeye's constantly make you a bum of a fan. If you're going to congratulate him... at least don't be two faced in doing so and use Cael's proper name when you refer to your "Daddy".

And tell Kyle Snyder... that when you have the the all time rivalry in collegiate wrestling as he stated... the winning rival can't dominate you like Penn State has dominated Ohio State the past 8 years. Ohio State... 1 title and Penn State having 7. When you're a true rival... the winning percentages aren't so disparaging.
Amalone i think I’ve been on this board long enough for you to know what type of fan i am as far as the name thing auto correct is a pain in the ass I’m not the type to do the “nickname” thing. PSU is the best it’s not hard to acknowledge i actually said you’d be the favorites coming in

Hea
If EFFIN Ryan, Jaggers, Stieber and rest of the naval gazing Buckeye Nation would stop with their incessant braggadocio, sunshine-pumping, and passive-Aggressive crap, then a Bo Nickal wouldn’t feel the need to go all Muhammad Ali on the mic.

It’s really not that hard to understand

ESPN had a segment that continuously showed ONLY Ohio State wrestlers commenting on the rivalry with Penn State. Frankly, it seemed odd to me. Shouldn't you have both sides represented in such a segment? Also, the constant Ohio centric coverage, the non stop Tom Ryan sound bites, the crooked seeding, the home mat advantage, kids turtle-ing against us, the booing of Cenzo in the last 45 seconds of his DOMINATION of Imar, and on and on and on....Damn right Bo went off, it was a release of joy and emotion in the face of the whole world rooting against you. Frankly, Ohio State had it coming.

I thought Bo handled the situation very graciously. Basically he told the Buckeyes to shut the phuck up until you accomplish something, and before you can be champions you must beat the champions and you can't. So if want to be a champion come to Penn State. If you want to waste air talking about championships go to Ohio State.

Bo said it much nicer than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT