ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Penn State announces 2022-23 Wrestling Schedule with two BJC Duals

Some intriguing lightweight matches in the first two months of the season. Not sure exactly who we’ll face at collegiate duals.
Robbie vs #7 B Kaylor OrSt
Robbie vs #13 A Noto LH
Robbie vs #17 J Trombley NC ST
RBY vs #3 V Arujau COR
Beau vs #22 R Jack NC ST
SVN vs #1 Yianni COR
SVN vs #13 D Demas Cal Poly
SVN vs #14 C Realbuto N IA
SVN vs #17 Q Kinner RID

A lot of opportunities for young SVN to show out.

Some intriguing lightweight matches in the first two months of the season. Not sure exactly who we’ll face at collegiate duals.
Robbie vs #7 B Kaylor OrSt
Robbie vs #13 A Noto LH
Robbie vs #17 J Trombley NC ST
RBY vs #3 V Arujau COR
Beau vs #22 R Jack NC ST
SVN vs #1 Yianni COR
SVN vs #13 D Demas Cal Poly
SVN vs #14 C Realbuto N IA
SVN vs #17 Q Kinner RID

A lot of opportunities for young SVN to show out.
RBY Vito is strait up fire, have they ever met?

Yes 2015-16 schedule with Wisconsin and the OSU at BJC.
I was wondering how many Amines they can fit in the BJC?
I think they had trouble selling out the Wisc meet, though I am sure they still sold more tickets than Rec Hall.

Carter, Aaron and Greg are wrestling in the NWCA All-Star meet on Tues., Nov. 22nd. Probably will not see them at the Black Knight Invite on Sun., Nov. 20th.

Reactions: diggerpup
Carter, Aaron and Greg are wrestling in the NWCA All-Star meet on Tues., Nov. 22nd. Probably will not see them at the Black Knight Invite on Sun., Nov. 20th.
Hmmm. It’ll be interesting to see how they play that.

So now with Oregon State on the schedule, Cal Poly probably would be in Penn State's half in Nawlins with Cornell and CMU. With NCSt/UNC and UNI/ISU to be decided.

My prediction:
PSU, ISU, Cal Poly
Cornell, UNC, CMU

aOSU, Lehigh, LHU
NCSt, UNI, OreSt

Last edited:
This was from the email from Journeyman today:

Collegiate Duals 2.0Live on Rokfin or in person:New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center - New Orleans, LA : Red:penn State, Iowa State , UNC , Cornell , Oregon State & C Mich
Blue: Ohio State, NC State, N Iowa , Cal Poly, Lock Haven & Lehigh
was in the email from Journyman:

Hmmm. It’ll be interesting to see how they play that.
I have to agree they won’t be at West Point. Not much value in it for them, and plenty of value letting others wrestle.
Avoids possible injury and a weigh in prior to the all star match.

Last edited:
Of note, "MSU158" who might be the hater-of-all-psu-haters, has laid out the Iowa upset of PSU on other boards, and even thrown in how Iowa can upset PSU at the Ncaas. It's pure hater gold and must see message board material. That dude is the STANDARD when it comes to hating all things PSU and Cael.

• Haha
Of note, "MSU158" who might be the hater-of-all-psu-haters, has laid out the Iowa upset of PSU on other boards, and even thrown in how Iowa can upset PSU at the Ncaas. It's pure hater gold and must see message board material. That dude is the STANDARD when it comes to hating all things PSU and Cael.
He may start falling in line after a decade of more beatings

Is this what that Neanderthal wrote ?

(I had to use the incognito browser because of their snowflake ban hammer)
———
actually, that is well over 120 points based on reasonable bonus projections for those placements. If they score that, they have a pretty decent chance to win it all. Add an extra 4 for Warner and they would almost assuredly score well over 120 in that hypothetical and PSU doesn't really project for much more than that as of now...

Just using those projected placements:
125: 1st. With it being Lee here, I would say 26 is conservative
133: DNP Being that either guy should be top 15ish, 2 points is fair.
141: 1st. Woods isn't too much of a bonus guy, so lets say 22.
149: 6th You get 6 just for taking 6th. So let's say he goes 4-3, winning 2 on the front and 2 on the back to take 6th. Give him 1 bonus on the front and 1 on the back. That is 11 total points with 3 advancement and 2 bonus.
157: ZERO
165: 8th Even as deep as this weight is he should get first round killing of someone and 1 in wrestle backs. So that is 3 for 8th, plus 2.5 advancement and 2 bonus. So, lets say 7.5
174: 8th I would say 1 less bonus from Nelson, so 6.5
184: 6th Say the same as Murin. 11
197: 2nd Jacob isn't much for bonus, so I would say 17 for 2nd and 21 if he gets that "must take" 1st.
285: 1st If Cass were actually able to win it all, I think he would get a couple pins early, but no bonus after that so 24

So, that is 127-131 based on those predictions with, what I at least think is very reasonable bonus points. If they score that, PSU will need to damn near be perfect to win...

In his defense, MSU158 didn't post that those were his projections. Someone wrote those placements in and asked would they win with that?

He (and @smalls103 ) were like ... could 3 1st place finishers and another finalist win? Yeah no s***.

Meh.

It's true that MSU158 hates PSU.

But among the Vodkas, Grips, and Ironbirds of Hawkeye Resistance, he's the freshman walk-on who has to borrow a singlet and headgear after paying his own way to the Luther Open.

———
actually, that is well over 120 points based on reasonable bonus projections for those placements. If they score that, they have a pretty decent chance to win it all. Add an extra 4 for Warner and they would almost assuredly score well over 120 in that hypothetical and PSU doesn't really project for much more than that as of now...

149: 6th You get 6 just for taking 6th. So let's say he goes 4-3, winning 2 on the front and 2 on the back to take 6th. Give him 1 bonus on the front and 1 on the back. That is 11 total points with 3 advancement and 2 bonus.
165: 8th Even as deep as this weight is he should get first round killing of someone and 1 in wrestle backs. So that is 3 for 8th, plus 2.5 advancement and 2 bonus. So, lets say 7.5
197: 2nd Jacob isn't much for bonus, so I would say 17 for 2nd and 21 if he gets that "must take" 1st.
285: 1st If Cass were actually able to win it all, I think he would get a couple pins early, but no bonus after that so 24

So, that is 127-131 based on those predictions with, what I at least think is very reasonable bonus points. If they score that, PSU will need to damn near be perfect to win...
This is usually HR standard for April postings.
Max at 149. For a perennial QF loser, 6th seems like a possibility. The funny part is he thinks Max gets 2 bonus points.
17.5 from 174 and 184 combined is even funnier.
Apparently 141 is a step over for Woods. I am not sure where Bartlett finishes, but it will be ahead of Woods.
PSU finishes ahead of Iowa at 133, 141, 149, 157, 165, 174, 184, 197 and Hwt, but hey the Hawks have a shot.

All joking aside, Iowa has a really good team. They do have 4 AA locks (125, 141, 197, 285) and the rest of the team can AA except 157 since it's an unknown there but would need the right draw.

125 - Assuming remotely good health, Spencer is good for upper 20 points. He got 24.5 on no ACLs in 2021.
133 - Teske is solid and might be better at 133 than 125. 133 is pretty open after the Top 3 so can see him AAing.
141 - I'm actually lower on Woods than many. The reason I say that is I don't think he's a lock for the finals, he's just defaulting into that position for now since he is the 2nd highest returner. I don't think he's improved since his freshman year as he was right there with Luke Pletcher in 2019 (IIRC he got Luke's leg in SV and Luke somehow funked out and got the TD instead)
149 - IMO I think Murin is what he is at this point. Expecting some jump out of him as a 6th year is unrealistic but he has been on the cusp of AAing for 3 years now so just a different draw might push him through.
157 - Don't think they have anything but room guys here
165 - Kennedy is a talented high motor guy, pretty similar to Marinelli. It's a deep weight class but he did just work Peyton Hall in freestyle. Can't see him high AA'ing with who's there but would definitely put money on him AAing rather than not right now.
174 - I wouldn't expect many points from Iowa here, especially since Nelson's health is a major unknown.
184 - Assad is a kid that could AA with the right draw or go 1-2 with the wrong one.
197 - Warner is Mr. Reliable. He isn't getting worse than 5th. He could win it also. Candidly, I thought he got a better draw than Max last year as the 6 seed lol.
285 - Cassioppi is a Top 5 lock (depending on draw, I expect Gable back) with bonus potential. I still think he was better when he was pudgy to be honest. He couldn't beat Parris when Parris had no use of an arm so can't see him figuring that out this year. I also don't think he matches up with Mount Cohlton Schultz as well anymore. Would like to see Kerk finally figure him out and I think the fact Kerk is taking that NWCA match shows he is mentally confident.

Reactions: backdrft76

———

Someone tell him we ARE damn near perfect.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT