ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Penn State announces 2022-23 Wrestling Schedule with two BJC Duals

RBY has jumped multiple levels since 2018, both technically and physically. He jumped a level after his freshman year (when he was 8th) and seemingly 2 levels after his sophomore year (when he looked Top 4) and hasn't lost since.

It's similar to Nick Lee, Clarke and Eierman both tried to throw him with moves that probably pin him as a true freshman (like Diehl did) and neither were remotely close to working. Taking Lee down is also very difficult when his sophomore year he still struggled defending at times (think matches against Moran and Demas)

Do you think Plott could still take Starocci right now?

Our guys jump levels.
did plott beat starocci back in the day? the only match i could find was starocci beating him handily in 2017.

as an aside, i could see plott having a breakout year. he's finally healthy again and finished really strong last year. i think he passes labriola and will be more competitive with lewis and starocci (not beat them before i get yelled at haha).

did plott beat starocci back in the day? the only match i could find was starocci beating him handily in 2017.

as an aside, i could see plott having a breakout year. he's finally healthy again and finished really strong last year. i think he passes labriola and will be more competitive with lewis and starocci (not beat them before i get yelled at haha).

Link

Reactions: danoftw and js8793
Meh.

It's true that MSU158 hates PSU.

But among the Vodkas, Grips, and Ironbirds of Hawkeye Resistance, he's the freshman walk-on who has to borrow a singlet and headgear after paying his own way to the Luther Open.
I always thought MSU158 was a pretty fair poster. Sometimes he says things bluntly, but usually they are fairly logical. Rarely if ever does he come across as hating anyone, although some on the Hawk board have accused him of being a troll and hater of all things Hawkeye.

No ASU...The Schultz "duck em all" tour will roll into Tulsa with a 1 seed.
ASU is competing at Journeyman, Keystone, CKLV, and Midlands. Good schedule for the rest of the team.

Schultz's schedule OTOH is pathetic. He potentially faces 4 AAs at those events: Parris, Davison, Orndorff, and Hillger. None in duals (though Elam could challenge him).

If Schultz is undefeated while ducking Parris, with that schedule the B10 champ could reasonably get the 1 seed.

Reactions: Parkerdam555
149 - IMO I think Murin is what he is at this point. Expecting some jump out of him as a 6th year is unrealistic but he has been on the cusp of AAing for 3 years now so just a different draw might push him through.
Personally, I'd love to see Max go out with a podium finish. He's what NCAA wrestling is all about for a lot of kids. I like seeing kid's dreams come true.

There is another HR poster who said this relative to a shootout between Iowa and PSU at nationals

"If it indeed comes down to Warner, I like our chances."

I think Tom Ryan said the same thing about Miles.

I resisted the urge to post that over there.
I thought Iowa fans get an early jump on the drive home after the Semis at the NCAA Tourney.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
No one knows until they send the email. Well, someone probably knows, but it is not public knowledge until the email is sent out.
Since we don’t have active mobile tickets in our accounts yet, They are probably still working on the seating shuffle. There was non-renewals and movement with the new pricing.

Personally, I'd love to see Max go out with a podium finish. He's what NCAA wrestling is all about for a lot of kids. I like seeing kid's dreams come true.
I got to meet Max's Mother at Highway pizza before the 2018 match at the BJC. She laughed about being a PSU graduate but said Max always wanted to wrestle for Iowa. I wish him the best too this year except against PSU.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
I got to meet Max's Mother at Highway pizza before the 2018 match at the BJC. She laughed about being a PSU graduate but said Max always wanted to wrestle for Iowa. I wish him the best too this year except against PSU.
I met Max's Dad at the Detroit Beer Co. after the NCAA finals. Nice guy. He said Max was pretty crushed about the tournament. You can tell he wants it so bad when he wrestles.

Reactions: creamery freak
Since we don’t have active mobile tickets in our accounts yet, They are probably still working on the seating shuffle. There was non-renewals and movement with the new pricing.

Non renewals?!

Twin Peaks Rubbing Hands Together GIF

I'd root for Max to get an AA finish barring it being a situation where it significantly could change the team race or if he's wrestling Van Ness in the blood round (duh) Nothing against the kid at all (just the singlet), would love a kid with his drive and heart representing PSU.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
I'd root for Max to get an AA finish barring it being a situation where it significantly could change the team race or if he's wrestling Van Ness in the blood round (duh) Nothing against the kid at all (just the singlet), would love a kid with his drive and heart representing PSU.
If he was at Penn State he probably wouldn't be in this position lol. Not saying he would have done much better but he would definitely be having more fun

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
If Max Murin's results are significantly affecting the team race I'll be vomiting.

With PSU winning we already know Iowa is finishing 3rd, 4th or 5th. So Max winning that elusive bloodround match, or even gaining a semi-final spot only impacts the other two teams Iowa is competing against for that 3rd place trophy 🏆.

Last edited:
With PSU winning we already know Iowa is finishing 3rd, 4th or 5th. So Max winning that elusive bloodhound match, or even gaining a semi-final spot only impacts the other two teams Iowa is competing against for that 3rd place trophy 🏆.
Is that enough to make @82bordeaux vomit?

Going into the Big10 Conf Tourney... it doesn't look like we will have many, if any, 20 match wrestlers...My count wrong?

Going into the Big10 Conf Tourney... it doesn't look like we will have many, if any, 20 match wrestlers...My count wrong?
Anyone who wrestles the full season will 5-6 matches at Army and 3 matches in New Orleans plus 12 duals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT