ADVERTISEMENT

All you need to know about the Big Ten and its refs.....

BUCKSCOUNTYLION

Jun 9, 2001
rewind to Labor Day Weekend.....4th quarter...Camp Randall Stadium....Ellis Brooks hits Mertz who was trying to get the first down. The refs do not call targeting....after an outcry from the Wisconsin bench and their fans....the refs decided to review the play and Brooks gets called for targeting...Wisconsin gets a key first down in a tight game.

Go to yesterday.....our QB clearly took a cheap shot...our crowd is up in arms even a few players on the field were trying to get the ref look at the replay on the big board....NOPE, carry on.

Typical of this horrible conference we are in!

Well difference is that hit on Clifford is not a reviewable play anyways sadly targeting is even those it took the refs so long to call it which I agree should not be how that works, but did our coaches get all excited when Clifford took that hit or did they just let it go?

Well difference is that hit on Clifford is not a reviewable play anyways sadly targeting is even those it took the refs so long to call it which I agree should not be how that works, but did our coaches get all excited when Clifford took that hit or did they just let it go?
That was a point I made yesterday. Franklin did not appear to get too excited about it, which ticks me off. But don’t worry, he will have a press conference on Wednesday castigating the other team for cheap shots.

My point is the crowd and bench of Wisconsin dictated that play be reviewed and they didn't throw a flag...it should have never been reviewed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT