ADVERTISEMENT

Akron 61KG

I don't know. Both guys wrestled a little sloppy at times yesterday. Both have plenty of FS experience. I'm not entirely too familiar with either guy at this point, but like what I've seen from both in limited action.

I definitely think RBY is capable. But I guess if I have to pick, I'll take Fausz in an entertaining match. I do think he'll get to RBY's legs and be the type to finish a few times. +2KG helps. Fausz 11-8
I see it as a baseline tell tale. I know the kid is going to be really, really good. I also know there is going to be a really, really huge learning/improvement curve this year. I am interested in how far up the ladder he is starting.

Reactions: royboy
Wow! I wasn't close to being correct. Fausz had nothing for RBY. Sometimes he struggles with AM bouts, but I convinced myself that the 2KG allowance would take care of that. RBY with just another gear in that match.

Wow....RBY made that look easy. 11-0. With 5 convincing takedowns.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Starocci goes down on criteria to Fargo finalist Abe Assad. 2-2 on criteria. A little late getting in on his offense.

Chas Tucker is a little bulldog. Crazy to think he may not start for Cornell next year. RBY showing some advanced counter wrestling! Great win! 2 out of 3 with Vito? Oh hell yes.

Kaleb Young loses to non-AA Kennedy Monday and Most Improved Wrestler in the NCAAs Cash Wilcke (that’s an actual early February hot take from Tim Johnson) lost 10-0 to Myles Martin.

But the Hawks are a lock to score 120 points at NCAAs next year. o_O
120?? You’re selling them short. Their 10 hammers will pile up 150 easy.

Did anybody watch the Piccininni / Arujau bout? Looks like Vito really took it to him (10-0).

It was a nice lace, to be sure.

Anyone stoked to see Moore vs. Conel again?

Myles takes round one against Chandler Rogers in a very entertaining bout that Rogers could have won.

challenging down 9-0. brilliant corner.

Vito is such a tough matchup for RBY. Reminds me of Nolf/Kemerer. Always impossible to beat a better version of yourself.

I don't know if it is my screen resolution or what but I switched to the Lugo and Bannister match after RBY's loss. Those two looked like something you would see in a smoked up Honky-Tonk bar during midget wrestling night.

Last edited:
Vito is just plain scary - agree on the podium prediction. As for future PSU recruit targets nothing deterred my view of AJ Ferrari and Carson Manville, both were extremely impressive. Despite the logjam I want them both, badly. I also liked both Kennedy and Starocci. Even though Starocci edged him out I think Kennedy will be the better folkstyle plus he fits our plan better being a year younger.

Kennedy has stature/early maturation issues that worry me. If you want a year behind, you go after Dustin Plott

Reactions: PA Power
133: Holy smokes, if Vito goes there.

Vito
RBY
Suriano
Picc
Wilson
Pletcher
Lizak
DeSanto
Gross
Micic

Yikes.

I still think there is still a good chance Dayton Fix goes 133 as well. Loads of great talent, crazy competitive weight class that should be really fun to watch. My money is on Fix if he makes the move. Despite the difficulty, I believe RBY will AA.

Maybe the kid from NJ will then move up again to 141 in 2019/2020 searching, searching, searching..... but he's happy, so he has that going for him

Vito is definitely a stud. I was really surprised when Josh Saunders beat him at the Open. It was kind of a wired match , but a win is a win. Lots of talk about others but I rarely here Saunders mentioned as an option for Penn State. He's a HS Sophomore, Jr. To be, Missouri State champ X2 , Fargo champ and as of today he's a Cadet World Team member.

It's been a few years but I crossed paths with him alot in the past. I'm a youth club coach, we hit the mainland for 6-8 tournaments a year. Josh was usually at the bigger ones and usually competed in his age group and the HS division as a 6th grader.

Really grounded kid , was super humble. Played with my kids at the hotel pool and was absolutely awesome with them. He seems to fit the PSU mold very very well. If I remember correctly , he was always wearing a Cornell singlet but lots can change over a few years.

Vito is definitely a stud. I was really surprised when Josh Saunders beat him at the Open. It was kind of a wired match , but a win is a win. Lots of talk about others but I rarely here Saunders mentioned as an option for Penn State. He's a HS Sophomore, Jr. To be, Missouri State champ X2 , Fargo champ and as of today he's a Cadet World Team member.

It's been a few years but I crossed paths with him alot in the past. I'm a youth club coach, we hit the mainland for 6-8 tournaments a year. Josh was usually at the bigger ones and usually competed in his age group and the HS division as a 6th grader.

Really grounded kid , was super humble. Played with my kids at the hotel pool and was absolutely awesome with them. He seems to fit the PSU mold very very well. If I remember correctly , he was always wearing a Cornell singlet but lots can change over a few years.

Not many top Missouri guys get out of the state. I think that's the biggest issue.

Did anyone see when RBY dinged up his (hamstring?) leg? It looked like it was taped for a hamstring injury in the final.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT