ADVERTISEMENT

A Yurcich mouthwash

Marylovesthelions

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
Saturdays game took the bad taste away caused by the poor play calling for much of the season. It also was obvious that the players believed in their coaching.
I know it was MSU, but we saw excellent blocking at every offense position. We also saw running lanes opened and RBs making the one guy in the hole miss.
I saw a confidence in Drew that seemed missing after the Iowa game. I'm looking forward to a great bowl game.
Looking back on 60 years of watching the lions, I do not remember a first year starting QB have stats close to Drew's. Blackledge said he threw 5
TDs and 8 interceptions his first year.

Saturdays game took the bad taste away caused by the poor play calling for much of the season. It also was obvious that the players believed in their coaching.
I know it was MSU, but we saw excellent blocking at every offense position. We also saw running lanes opened and RBs making the one guy in the hole miss.
I saw a confidence in Drew that seemed missing after the Iowa game. I'm looking forward to a great bowl game.
Looking back on 60 years of watching the lions, I do not remember a first year starting QB have stats close to Drew's. Blackledge said he threw 5
Really. MSU quit in this game. Don’t take anything away from this. Maybe the kids get some confidence but that’s about it.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Can’t say didn’t watch and don’t care.
And no one cares about your weak myopic flip posts either. So why post here? I watched and the comparison amongst the three performances and circumstances yields relevant information. Just curious. Why one game is relevant to you and the three are not?

And no one cares about your weak myopic flip posts either. So why post here? I watched and the comparison amongst the three performances and circumstances yields relevant information. Just curious. Why one game is relevant to you and the three are not?
One is the last game of a lost season in which losing was a forgone conclusion. You can’t take anything away from that. UM and OSU most likely had kids that played against each other in HS and surly meant more. Just my opinion, but for the same reason why and Alabama/ Auburn game gets the best out of the players. PS/Pitt would bring out the best in Pa players just the same. You obviously only see the finale scores and not the meaning of why college football is better then the pros.

• Haha
Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Really. MSU quit in this game. Don’t take anything away from this. Maybe the kids get some confidence but that’s about it.
Accusing teams of quitting is such a fan thing to do. Just like saying the coaches didn’t have them “ready to play”. In all my years of playing sports I never needed a coach to get me ready to play and none of the teams I was ever on quit during a game. That’s such an easy excuse for fans looking to blame something. Of course it’s usually the fans of the losing team, but on this board it’s the fans who don’t like Franklin.

Accusing teams of quitting is such a fan thing to do. Just like saying the coaches didn’t have them “ready to play”. In all my years of playing sports I never needed a coach to get me ready to play and none of the teams I was ever on quit during a game. That’s such an easy excuse for fans looking to blame something. Of course it’s usually the fans of the losing team, but on this board it’s the fans who don’t like Franklin.
You nailed it. The endless off the wall nonsense from these frauds is incredible.

Seeing this game any other way shows you're just another Franklin Fan Boy. His teams always under perform.

I think teams quitting (whatever term you prefer) is a real thing. I also don't see Team A quitting as a slight on Team B, as Team B is usually kicking the crap out of them and causing them to want to get out of there, like Franklin's team did to Michigan State on Friday.

Reactions: republion
I think teams quitting (whatever term you prefer) is a real thing. I also don't see Team A quitting as a slight on Team B, as Team B is usually kicking the crap out of them and causing them to want to get out of there, like Franklin's team did to Michigan State on Friday.
But some geniuses on here post that a team quits when it’s a three point ball game. There’s a difference between quitting and getting your ass kicked by a better team. Players can’t just will themselves to be better, except in movies.

Seeing this game any other way shows you're just another Franklin Fan Boy. His teams always under perform.
We get it, you don’t like Franklin, but how do you use a fan supporting his team and the team’s coach as an insult? I’m not a Franklin fan boy, I’m a Penn State fan boy. I supported Joe Paterno as well…did that make me a Paterno Fan Boy?

If you watch these videos you can clearly see it had everything to do with the opponent not some new brilliant play calling. Drew had barley 2 seconds to throw before Wolverines were putting pressure on him, but he had up to 5 seconds at times to throw against Sparty.

I respectfully suggest that you change the title in this post

One is the last game of a lost season in which losing was a forgone conclusion. You can’t take anything away from that. UM and OSU most likely had kids that played against each other in HS and surly meant more. Just my opinion, but for the same reason why and Alabama/ Auburn game gets the best out of the players. PS/Pitt would bring out the best in Pa players just the same. You obviously only see the finale scores and not the meaning of why college football is better then the pros.
You are one tough critic. Did we achieve our Ultimate goal this season? Obviously Not.
However, how many programs go 10-2 and are invited to the Peach Bowl where many "experts" believe that after the Playoffs , it is the 3rd most intriguing matchup.
Don't worry. PSU Will make the 12 team playoff next Season and if they get Hot, who knows how far they can go!!!
This wasn't the season we were hoping for, but with Andy K. as our Offensive Co-ordinator, IMO, we are going to go from the most predictable Offense in the Country to one of the Most Creative Offense that we have ever seen from PSU. Of Course, we shall see!!

Last edited:
And your posts always fail. First one to criticize Franklin but never compliment him for achievements. Did Maryland “quit” too when Penn State drilled them? Only clowns make statements to the effect that those who disagree with their opinion are wrong or Franklin’s Fan Boys. What size floppy shoes and funny glasses do you wear?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT