ADVERTISEMENT

A word from Barry Fenchak

I remember one word from Barry when he posted on here, referring to a Penn State student athlete at the time: retard. That was enough for me to disregard him after that.
Similar thoughts…I remember him calling a PSU President a “cocksucker”. Even though I agree with a lot of his views on our governance and think his passion would be great, the inability to not say words like that is enough to disqualify him for me.

I remember one word from Barry when he posted on here, referring to a Penn State student athlete at the time: retard. That was enough for me to disregard him after that.
That's a lie that you continue to turn in to legend.

That's a lie that you continue to turn in to legend.
Nah, that is pretty much the truth. Barry has used that one and many more that are worse. And as I said before, he was very adept at going back and deleting many of his most offensive posts. Great character demonstration to those that were paying attention. He is a miserable excuse for a human being.

Seriously? He said it in here, possibly about Antonio Shelton? I certainly am not making it up. Why do you think I would make that up?
Yes, I'm fairly sure it was in response to Antonio Shelton. I remember it as well.

A pretty smart guy with many valid ideas. But falls victim to the belief that he's the smartest guy in any given room, and treats others accordingly.

How many of those posters are professors at Penn State (which I believe Barry is or was, if I’m not mistaken) and running for the BOT?
I think he taught a course or 2 there, now does that make one a professor?? IDK

I think he taught a course or 2 there, now does that make one a professor?? IDK
Oh, I don’t know. Maybe it was just a couple of courses.
Still, should somebody being paid by the university to teach the students in any capacity be publicly calling a student a retard?

Seriously? He said it in here, possibly about Antonio Shelton? I certainly am not making it up. Why do you think I would make that up?
You changed the entire context of his statement from years ago. He said that Antonio Shelton's comments were intellectually retarded, not Antonio. You leaving out this detail is similar to most leaving out "with the benefit of hindsight".

It appears that you and several other posters don't want any changes to the BOT and are quite happy to keep doing exactly what's being done and has been done for the past 10 years. No sense even attempting to make a change, right?

Again, Barry may not be perfect but if he were he'd be just like the rest of those sitting on the board, who with few exceptions seem to care little about the important things. Things such as providing an affordable education at a highly ranked university that we can all be proud of...the little things.

You changed the entire context of his statement from years ago. He said that Antonio Shelton's comments were intellectually retarded, not Antonio. You leaving out this detail is similar to most leaving out "with the benefit of hindsight".

It appears that you and several other posters don't want any changes to the BOT and are quite happy to keep doing exactly what's being done and has been done for the past 10 years. No sense even attempting to make a change, right?

Again, Barry may not be perfect but if he were he'd be just like the rest of those sitting on the board, who with few exceptions seem to care little about the important things. Things such as providing an affordable education at a highly ranked university that we can all be proud of...the little things.
I'd love to get some new blood on the board. But I'd prefer level-headed thinkers who have a larger vision and understand how to work with other people to get things done. Not someone who's only interested in pumping up his own ego while he yells at and puts down anyone who has a different opinion than his.

Let me be clear here: Penn State is the football team I root for, not the school I attended. I don’t particularly care if Barry is on the board or not.
It was a few years ago so I’m not going to make believe I know exactly what Barry said. But from my recollection, he called Shelton a retard, not intellectually retarded. It’s possible I don’t remember that correctly. It’s also possible I do remember it correctly. It’s further possible that Barry edited his original post from what I think he said to what you think he said. Seems like others remember him saying what I recall.

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggo72
The board needs more people like Brandon, people who say nice things and then turn around and spend outrageous sums of money on anything and everything. That will fix things, not drawing attention to the waste and unnecessary spending. Change is brought about best by playing nice while Brandon buys everyone else's support. Let's go Brandon!

I'd love to get some new blood on the board. But I'd prefer level-headed thinkers who have a larger vision and understand how to work with other people to get things done. Not someone who's only interested in pumping up his own ego while he yells at and puts down anyone who has a different opinion than his.
Than you should continue to vote for the exact same type of people you've been voting for and apparently happy with the results they continue to produce, which are a spiraling out of control costs and an academic reputation that is plummeting. Barry would attempt to change course on both of these issues but you be you.

Let me be clear here: Penn State is the football team I root for, not the school I attended. I don’t particularly care if Barry is in the board or not.
It was a few years ago so I’m not going to make believe I know exactly what Barry said. But from my recollection, he called Shelton a retard, not intellectually regarded. It’s possible I don’t remember that correctly. It’s also possible I do remember it correctly. It’s further possible that Barry edited his original post from what I think he said to what you think he said. Seems like others remember him saying what I recall.
They remember just like you stating "lower your expectations" without the context that Joe was talking about the upcoming 2000 season, not all seasons. You're doing exactly what you always do and that's change the context to fit an agenda.

They remember just like you stating "lower your expectations" without the context that Joe was talking about the upcoming 2000 season, not all seasons. You're doing exactly what you always do and that's change the context to fit an agenda.
I said “lower your expectations”? What the hell are you talking about? I said that before the 2000 season? I don’t think I posted on here until the mid-20teens.
You likely have me mixed up with another poster.

He’s used that word multiple times, and never seemed able to understand why he shouldn’t even after I explained it quite clearly.

I guess I should have read the entire thread before posting this, but I’m leaving it.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
The board needs more people like Brandon, people who say nice things and then turn around and spend outrageous sums of money on anything and everything. That will fix things, not drawing attention to the waste and unnecessary spending. Change is brought about best by playing nice while Brandon buys everyone else's support. Let's go Brandon!

They'll need to build a bigger boat.

Being right is useless if you can't ever discuss any disagreement in something like a reasonable fashion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT