ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clarks NIL deals

From Google
According to On3, Caitlin Clark's NIL deals are worth approximately $739,000. The young superstar has several active social media profiles, which is a big factor in the NIL projection.Jan 19, 2024.
The highest paid WNBA player is Jackie Young who makes $252,450 per year. Clark has another year of eligibility. I wonder if she will play another year at Iowa, making about 3X more than what she could make in the WNBA??

The highest paid WNBA player is Jackie Young who makes $252,450 per year. Clark has another year of eligibility. I wonder if she will play another year at Iowa, making about 3X more than what she could make in the WNBA??
No although that’s salary makes it seem better to stay she will make a lot in endorsements in wnba. Turasi makes over 4 million a year doing that

She'll milk the gravy train for as long as possible. It's like stealing candy from a baby.

Reactions: hlstone
After her fabulous performance last night, she would be foolish not to play another year. The story of all time NCAA scoring leader will build and her $799,000 NIL could grow towards $2 million. This is much more than pro basketball could bring her. She is not a generational talent. She is a 100+ year talent.

After her fabulous performance last night, she would be foolish not to play another year. The story of all time NCAA scoring leader will build and her $799,000 NIL could grow towards $2 million. This is much more than pro basketball could bring her. She is not a generational talent. She is a 100+ year talent.
It’s not even close to what she will make in the pros. She will make 3-5x that once she goes pro

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone

Can she not monetize her name image or likeness in the wnba? It’s not like Iowa is paying her that money.

Reactions: McCloudersportLion
College sports talk radio mentioned this this morning. They weren't sure about the WNBA rookie pay scale, but pro endorsements will likely be bigger than NIL regardless.

NIL is only going to keep borderline draftable athletes from turning pro.

Reactions: Yanks49
College sports talk radio mentioned this this morning. They weren't sure about the WNBA rookie pay scale, but pro endorsements will likely be bigger than NIL regardless.

NIL is only going to keep borderline draftable athletes from turning pro.
Maybe so but I have never seen a WNBA star in commercials on Orlando, network, or cable TV. Orlando has a WNBA team.
Caitlyn is on TV all the time here, State Farm and others.

Reactions: lazydave841
The money in women’s basketball is overseas. She will play as a pro in the WNBA and Europe/Middle East and collect a boatload of cash. Good for her.

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
Turasi makes 4 million a year in endorsements. Clark is even bigger
She could be, but does she want to play in front of big audiences or get paid to be a pitch person? I guess it’s her decision and she’ll have to go pro eventually. Personally I hope she stays one more year because I like watching her play and I like college hoops, but I’m not a fan of the WNBA.

Reactions: saturdaysarebetter2
She could be, but does she want to play in front of big audiences or get paid to be a pitch person? I guess it’s her decision and she’ll have to go pro eventually. Personally I hope she stays one more year because I like watching her play and I like college hoops, but I’m not a fan of the WNBA.
Don’t get me wrong I love watching her play in college. However the original post saying she would make money staying in school is not even close

Don’t get me wrong I love watching her play in college. However the original post saying she would make money staying in school is not even close
Oh, I think she would make a ton of money….she does now and she’s even more well known at this point, so next year would be huge.

I believe that if Caitlin has another year of eligibility she should use it. She can't money as previously mentioned in the WNBA.

Interesting debate. The WNBA gets little attention. But the women’s national soccer team got attention and the stars made bucks. So she will too.

Another year of college will generate more anticipation of her future pro career. And having two NCAA tournaments will help her build more of a following.

This also a Summer Olympic year which could generate huge attention on a global basis.

And next year will include West Coadt games gaining her more exposure if she stays at Iowa another year.

Gonna be interesting to see how she plays this out. May be determined by them winning a natty.

Interesting debate. The WNBA gets little attention. But the women’s national soccer team got attention and the stars made bucks. So she will too.

Another year of college will generate more anticipation of her future pro career. And having two NCAA tournaments will help her build more of a following.

This also a Summer Olympic year which could generate huge attention on a global basis.

And next year will include West Coadt games gaining her more exposure if she stays at Iowa another year.

Gonna be interesting to see how she plays this out. May be determined by them winning a natty.
Well said. Clark is the 1st famous NCAA athlete playing a sport that doesn’t have huge pro salaries in the NIL era. Maybe the WNBA makes her the focus of their marketing campaigns which will be beneficial, but not it seems her college games are getting more attention than any WNBA game.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

Who knows what her life dream is. After another year, she will be rich enough to pursue it, even if it is not in basketball. Her accuracy is astounding and her play making (assists) are amazing.

Well said. Clark is the 1st famous NCAA athlete playing a sport that doesn’t have huge pro salaries in the NIL era. Maybe the WNBA makes her the focus of their marketing campaigns which will be beneficial, but not it seems her college games are getting more attention than any WNBA game.

The LSU gymnast says hello.

The thing about Caitlin is that she is the draw. Iowa basketball isn't doing anything more for her that a WNBA can't. Iowa women's bb is getting tv coverage because of her. That's it.

When she turns pro, whoever airs the WNBA games will advertise them and her and put them in good time slots.

Why? Nobody really cares about the WNBA. People care about her. She can do any commercial or endorsement now while in college she can do in the WNBA.
Look at what some of the stars in wnba make in endorsements. She will make crazy money when she goes pro

Look at what some of the stars in wnba make in endorsements. She will make crazy money when she goes pro
I meant she is arguably already the most popular women’s basketball player on the planet. It’s possible she can make just as much at Iowa next year in endorsements, put the scoring record impossibly out of reach.

Still overpaid based on the amount of revenue generated to be frank. Clark will however move the needle all by herself, along with players like Cameron Brink and Angel Reese.

Clark much more than the others, but basically for the 1st time since the league started, the WNBA may get decent ratings and gates. It will be interesting to see if they see increases in ratings and attendance in games not featuring Clark.

And this is why players have gone to places like Russia in the offseason to try and supplement their income.
If she needs to supplement a salary that’s four times higher than the average person then that’s a her problem.

We are hiring college grad developers for $105k right now.
The tweet said accountant out of college…they start between $40 and $60K…so $76K isn’t too bad out of college. I’m also guessing your company hasn’t lost $10 million a year for the past 26 years…if it did, how much would you be paying developers out of college?

If she needs to supplement a salary that’s four times higher than the average person then that’s a her problem.
Why would anyone have issues with someone making 5 figures trying to supplement their income (especially when these players have a limited shelf life)?

Why would anyone have issues with someone making 5 figures trying to supplement their income (especially when these players have a limited shelf life)?
She was making over $200,000. How many people making over $200K need to drive an Uber on the weekend to supplement their salary?

She was making over $200,000. How many people making over $200K need to drive an Uber on the weekend to supplement their salary?
Who is “she”? I wasn’t commenting on any single person, I said that the salaries they make are what drove players to go play in Russia in the offseason.

And anyways, there are plenty of people that make 200k that still have side hustles to continue accumulating $.

Just remember, last year's WNBA finals averaged like 780k viewers per game.

That's not much better than Big Ten Network viewership for the men's basketball tournament (noting that the good games are on CBS)

Just remember, last year's WNBA finals averaged like 780k viewers per game.

That's not much better than Big Ten Network viewership for the men's basketball tournament (noting that the good games are on CBS)
I’m honestly surprised they were that high

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT