ADVERTISEMENT

A PSU football player just posted this T-Shirt picture!

I did not now this Peterson fella is a fascist. Or is this another charge based on implied bias. You know, since the guy lives in WePA he must be clutching his Bible and gun. Test board, here we come. See you there.
Everyone and everything (including unicorns) that don't agree w/ him are fascists to Rip.

Reactions: bison13
I did not now this Peterson fella is a fascist. Or is this another charge based on implied bias. You know, since the guy lives in WePA he must be clutching his Bible and gun. Test board, here we come. See you there.
a fascist? no but just wondering if his letter was sent to the white members of the team with long hair

Now you know why very few respond to your posts.

Really. It must be the weak defensive backfield, Here's a tip.... Joe Paterno despised the self righteousness of the holier than thou PSU fans. A small but disgusting and loud minority. You and your kind were what he despised. The first amendment applies to everyone or no one. These players are not your personal servants or lackies. Get over it or join the old guard BOT.

Last edited:
42 I think friends was a great show I would never put Ketchup on a hot dog, I enjoy using Uber, I have never chewed gum in church. Not a big fan of Star Wars movies. Enjoy hard shell crabs, and yellow rice.

Reactions: mhep32 and bison13
They didn't, but I thought I was allowed to have an opinion.
So long as you recognize your opinion is without any meaning other than to stake your ground. Of course you did not just state your opinion. You voiced a lack of support, not just an opinion. You did not say what you would do, you said you dont support what they did.

a fascist? no but just wondering if his letter was sent to the white members of the team with long hair

There are no white members with hair that long.

At this point I wish there were. We could then really discern whether this was racist. I could then get behind this interpretation.

I'd rather they focus on school and football than on tee shirts. Besides, what haters? One guy expressed his opinion. Why do you turn that into a bunch of haters? I don't recall a single poster who supported calling out a specific player.
Isn't JSutherland, as a Dean's lister, a better student than you were?

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
I am a big proponent of the scientific method.

The only way to settle this -- to ascertain whether this is about hair length/dreads or skin color -- is to get a white player to grow his hair to the same length and style it in dreadlocks. We then get Mr. Peterson to state whether either or both is unacceptable.

I will buy in to whatever the results say.

So long as you recognize your opinion is without any meaning other than to stake your ground. Of course you did not just state your opinion. You voiced a lack of support, not just an opinion. You did not say what you would do, you said you dont support what they did.
The need for him to have a recommendation coupled with his opinion seems like a contrived standard. Let me offer an opinion: you should raise the level of your posts to the level of those from 3-4 years ago, dem. It’s kind of an opinion and a recommendation all in one, so I hope you’re pleased. :rolleyes:

this letter is indicative of someone who is tone deaf and zero self awareness relative to how out of touch they are, and I’m glad that CJF has defended his player. That said, this is kind of a snowflake situation at this point.

Reactions: nits74
i’m getting tired of “hair/tat gate”. This is all a huge distraction before Iowa. It’s disturbing that the players seem to particularly distracted. Bad omen

I’m pissed at the racist loser for creating unnecessary controversy.

Isn't JSutherland, as a Dean's lister, a better student than you were?
I'm not sure what that has to do with this conversation. I never criticized Sutherland. I supported Franklin defending his player but hoped the issue would stop there.

P.S. Believe it or not I was a dean's lister too.

this letter is indicative of someone who is tone deaf and zero self awareness relative to how out of touch they are, and I’m glad that CJF has defended his player. That said, this is kind of a snowflake situation at this point.
i get that.but hopefully, the kid's hackles are up and they unify to beat these hawkeye mf'ers

Reactions: Ranger Dan
71895485_10162756880750311_8338603461004230656_n.jpg

Brother, will this look dopey if Iowa takes them to the woodshed.

Reactions: ram2020 and TheGLOV
i’m getting tired of “hair/tat gate”. This is all a huge distraction before Iowa. It’s disturbing that the players seem to particularly distracted. Bad omen

I’m pissed at the racist loser for creating unnecessary controversy.

I don't think it will detract from the team's performance at Kinnick at all. Also, what is more important to you, the constitution of the US or a football game. I know Joe;s answer to that, the Joe that backe Rashard Casey, the Joe that did not attempt to stop Larry Johnson and Tony Sacca and Matt Millen and others from speaking their minds. I am really looking forward to seeing PSU play with chip of their shoulders...... time will tell.

I'm not sure what that has to do with this conversation. I never criticized Sutherland. I supported Franklin defending his player but hoped the issue would stop there.

P.S. Believe it or not I was a dean's lister too.
You said you would rather the players focused on school. He is. As well as you did, apparently.
" I'd rather they focus on school..."

Michigan already showed they’re not really a damn good team.

They are a great team. Our task is to beat a great and ranked team in a hostile environment. Beating them is much better for the eye test than beating up on Idaho.

Opinions are like rectums:
Everybody has one.
Most of them stink.

Having typed that, I’ll add my stinky two cents:
— I’m not a fan of the Lawnboyz chain. That’s just me. I’m old and the product of parents who would certainly frown on it. But if the players like it, more power to them. I don’t believe it shows any disrespect to anybody.
— The letter writer is a narrow-minded senior wishing for a return to his “good old days.” I’m not going to call him a racist; that requires a bit more of an assumption than I’m willing to make without knowing the man. But I would not be surprised if he is, indeed, a racist.
— I’m not a big fan of the shirt. I would prefer blue with white lettering. But I have no issue with the thought behind the shirt. One of their own was attacked and I commend them for rallying around him. I’d be disappointed if they didn’t do something.
— FWIW, I’m not a tattoo guy either. But my kids have them. I didn’t fight them. Just asked them to be tasteful and smart.
Now, can somebody please pass the Fabreze?

Get woke, go broke. Ask the Braves how their compassion for people offended by foam hatchets worked out for them last night. We've lost our minds. Sorry.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I'd rather they focus on school and football than on tee shirts. Besides, what haters? One guy expressed his opinion. Why do you turn that into a bunch of haters? I don't recall a single poster who supported calling out a specific player.

It could be the unifying moment that makes this team great.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT