ADVERTISEMENT

Agent contacts JF by mistake on current PSU player not in portal

College sports is quickly becoming a Grimm's fairy tale. The rush for/ of the almighty $ is contributing to the dumbing down of America and the common sense of a good education is going down the drain. I hope I'm not around the day America wakes up one morning and wonders where our great country went.

7f4d97f8ce34c814ba0e3169942f3a4b.jpg

Why would you out a player who is on your current roster and may remain there?

Come out and name names. Name the schools, coaches, agents, even the players. Why aren't they doing that? Maybe it wouldn't matter but it may make a difference to some. Don't think it would hurt.

Because it is probably a battle we will lose. Do you want to go to war with a bigger fish with more money who consistently outrecruits us?

College sports is quickly becoming a Grimm's fairy tale. The rush for/ of the almighty $ is contributing to the dumbing down of America and the common sense of a good education is going down the drain. I hope I'm not around the day America wakes up one morning and wonders where our great country went.
Already do…….😥

Reactions: furfoot
CFB lost its spirit when they sold out to the networks years ago and allowed the schools to keep it all. It’s finally equalizing but that will take time to balance. Schools have to pay some of that money to the players or it will be forever corrupt. Schools have little skin in the game just like the college loan scandals. They reap all the benefits without risk.

CFB lost its spirit when they sold out to the networks years ago and allowed the schools to keep it all. It’s finally equalizing but that will take time to balance. Schools have to pay some of that money to the players or it will be forever corrupt. Schools have little skin in the game just like the college loan scandals. They reap all the benefits without risk.
Breaking the rules just to keep up with the Jones's

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Well, if your around for another 10-15 Years, I think you will! It's coming .........

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Well, if your around for another 10-15 Years, I think you will! It's coming .........
From the thread re Ole Miss Junior College recruit arrives for signing in Lambo. So- a very talented football player who could not get academically accepted at D l schools uses his "Name, Likeness and Image"to get filthy rich BEFORE actually accomilshing ANYTHING from his new "school."

This is a real life episode of the Khardasians. I teach High Schoolers a PA mandated class called Career Readiness. Right now many students hope to be "Influencers." I ask "Based on what knowledge or experience?" "Based on my Followers." So be it. My job is to help them develop Plans B and C.

The Ole Miss kid may be the next AJ Brown. But- the tail is wagging the dog. Another way to look at it is that a guy who can't get into college, attends Jr. College and gets paid more in advance than the average graduate of that same school may earn in a career.

Does anyone know if he personally actually did the JUCO classwork to become eligible?

Hotty Toddy indeed.

The main issue is the NCAA is rapidly losing any mechanism to enforce transfers. A court just struck down the double transfer rule the NCAA put in place. Not sure of the legal side, but do the players need to enter into a union with a bargaining agreement for an enforcement body to legally place some rules and restrictions on transfers?

The main issue is the NCAA is rapidly losing any mechanism to enforce transfers. A court just struck down the double transfer rule the NCAA put in place. Not sure of the legal side, but do the players need to enter into a union with a bargaining agreement for an enforcement body to legally place some rules and restrictions on transfers?

Change the approach. Let the players transfer as many times as they want but they lose eligibility after 1 or 2 transfers. Is the court going to rule on eligibility? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Change the approach. Let the transfer as many times as hey want but they lose eligibility after 1 or 2 transfers. Is the court going to rule on eligibility? I doubt it.
Perhaps that will work. I think the NCAA is not quite sure what to do and what authority they still have.

Change the approach. Let the players transfer as many times as they want but they lose eligibility after 1 or 2 transfers. Is the court going to rule on eligibility? I doubt it.

I expect the concept of eligibility is going to become a relic after a future lawsuit. Not sure how they’re going to restrict the number of years athletes can earn a living once they actually become employees. Coaches coach for more than 4 years. Professors teach for more than 4 years. 75 associate athletics directors can stay in those roles as long as they please.

Like it or not the only solution going forward is contracts that spell out the schools requirements and the athletes requirements. "College" sports is truly a professional minor league now. Some players make it to the majors, most don't.

Reactions: Roar More
Like it or not the only solution going forward is contracts that spell out the schools requirements and the athletes requirements. "College" sports is truly a professional minor league now. Some players make it to the majors, most don't.
I've been saying this since the transfer portal became unrestricted free agency. It's also just a matter of time before some players are paid entirely in NIL and pay their own tuition thereby freeing up scholarships for other players.

Reactions: johnmpsu
I think you'll be around because it's happening before our eyes.

It really is nice to be able to say that we've lived through a time where college football was much different. Unfortunately money and greed has taken over everything in this new world.

That being said, it is what it is.

Reactions: RickinDayton
I’m enjoying this brave new World of college football. We are quickly eliminating all the shady activities of the past by legitimizing them. If that doesn’t give you confidence in the powers that be nothing will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT