ADVERTISEMENT

A PSU football player just posted this T-Shirt picture!

You're honestly saying that the Braves players were too rapt in "Libtard wokeness", and that's why they were trounced
Just change the name if you don't want chop chants and foam tomahawks. Don't ban the stuff a day before a freaking game. Sheesh.

Reactions: nits74
667 (rounded up), this man (the original letter writer) sounds like a classic attention seeker. I deal with them, too often, and discovered that they love to be or say outrageous things to draw all the attention in the room. I understand he likes to send letters to the editor, another sign of attention seeking, not in every one but cumulatively in a seeker.

If he has an issue the head coach would be the target of his ire and editorial commentary. Wisdom is a rare attribute.

Just change the name if you don't want chop chants and foam tomahawks. Don't ban the stuff a day before a freaking game. Sheesh.

You didn't answer the question. It appears you're letting your emotions get the best of you, and allowing your frustrations to cause you to say things that aren't very intelligent or well thought out.

Reactions: Madsol
This whole thing is getting out of hand. I support Franklin standing up for his players but I do not support the players fueling the fire.
it's tongue in cheek. it's basically a joke. enjoy it. These players are 19-21 year olds, we 60-year-olds don't speak their language ok?

Reactions: TheGLOV
It’s a shame that these next 2 weeks could be a huge step for the program but they’ve let some old bum in Johnstown write the narrative for the week with his idiotic letter. Hope they’ve at least spent some time focusing on the Hawkeyes
I don't think the two are in opposition. It won't affect their preparation. To the extent it has any effect at all on tomorrow's game, it would be to energize and rally the players. I can't see any downside really.

First of all....and I apologize if it's already been said...but I did not want to keep reading the crap from the first two pages...still how did piercings and tattoos get mixed in with dreads. The idiot's letter was solely about the dreads. Who brought mangled noses, chins, eyes, ears, cheeks, tongues and private parts into the mix? Did Peterson write another letter...this time to Dennis Rodman? Plus, doesn't OSU already have a corner on the market for tattoos? Oh...sorry...only the free tatts...I forgot. Why is this issue still alive and walking anyway?

First of all....and I apologize if it's already been said...but I did not want to keep reading the crap from the first two pages...still how did piercings and tattoos get mixed in with dreads. The idiot's letter was solely about the dreads. Who brought mangled noses, chins, eyes, ears, cheeks, tongues and private parts into the mix? Did Peterson write another letter...this time to Dennis Rodman? Plus, doesn't OSU already have a corner on the market for tattoos? Oh...sorry...only the free tatts...I forgot. Why is this issue still alive and walking anyway?

The letter writer did (maybe not piercings but he did tattoos). His last sentence ended with "... we have stopped watching the NFL due to the disgusting,[sic] tattoos, awful hair and immature antics in the end zone."

The letter writer did (maybe not piercings but he did tattoos). His last sentence ended with "... we have stopped watching the NFL due to the disgusting,[sic] tattoos, awful hair and immature antics in the end zone."

"We have stopped watching the NFL due to the disgusting [sic] tattoos, awful hair, and immature antics in the end zone"

Sounds like the guy hates all "Races" equally.

I don't think the two are in opposition. It won't affect their preparation. To the extent it has any effect at all on tomorrow's game, it would be to energize and rally the players. I can't see any downside really.
It absolutely could be a distraction...I’m not saying it will be, but there’s definitely a potential downside.

It absolutely could be a distraction...I’m not saying it will be, but there’s definitely a potential downside.

I agree. Anytime you start to bring identity politics into the locker room, there is a real chance for team division. Especially at a place like Penn State where the stereotypical culture has always been 180 degrees opposite of "chains, tattoos, and dreads". And I mean that in a 1986 clean cut Miami/Penn State stereotypical way. Not some kind of fu(ked up "racial" way.

If some Pitt fan would have worn that shirt into the stadium just a month ago, we would have been all over him like sh!t on Shinola.

I agree. Anytime you start to bring identity politics into the locker room, there is a real chance for team division. Especially at a place like Penn State where the stereotypical culture has always been 180 degrees opposite of "chains, tattoos, and dreads". And I mean that in a 1986 clean cut Miami/Penn State stereotypical way. Not some kind of fu(ked up "racial" way.

If some Pitt fan would have worn that shirt into the stadium just a month ago, we would have been all over him like sh!t on Shinola.

Is Shinola available on two sizes??

;)

This whole thing is getting out of hand. I support Franklin standing up for his players but I do not support the players fueling the fire.

Awww sniffle sniffle - poor bdgan. What a surprise. A rightie doesn't like people pushing back against bigotry/racism.

Awww sniffle sniffle - poor bdgan. What a surprise. A rightie doesn't like people pushing back against bigotry/racism.
  1. I was openly critical of Petersen aiming his comments directly at a specific player.
  2. Disagreeing with long hair, chains, etc. is not racist. Is the military racist? Are the New York Yankees racist? I don't understand why some people are so quick to make everything about race. I don't know what's in Petersen's heart. Neither do you.

I am a big proponent of the scientific method.

The only way to settle this -- to ascertain whether this is about hair length/dreads or skin color -- is to get a white player to grow his hair to the same length and style it in dreadlocks. We then get Mr. Peterson to state whether either or both is unacceptable.

I will buy in to whatever the results say.

I'm a big proponent of Occam's razor. Since hippies (with dreads) probably make up about < 0.01% of all people in the world with dreads, and 0% of the are, or ever were, PSU football players, and dreads are an African/Black cultural trait, Occam's razor makes a very strong case here.

I'm a big proponent of Occam's razor. Since hippies (with dreads) probably make up about < 0.01% of all people in the world with dreads, and 0% of the are, or ever were, PSU football players, and dreads are an African/Black cultural trait, Occam's razor makes a very strong case here.
All these explanations kind of point to it being the opposite of Occam’s razor.

1. I was openly critical of Petersen aiming his comments directly at a specific player.
  2. Disagreeing with long hair, chains, etc. is not racist. Is the military racist? Are the New York Yankees racist? I don't understand why some people are so quick to make everything about race. I don't know what's in Petersen's heart. Neither do you.

1. So? Is that meant to try to prove something? If so, know that it doesn't.
2. Nobody said "disagreeing with" long hair and chains is racist.

I'm not sure if you didn't understand your own post (to which I responded) or my post, but your post here (to which I am responding) makes no sense in context.

Do the Yankees and the military describe dreadlocks as disgusting in their policies?

How are the Woke Olympics going today?

That sound you just heard was the collective IQ of the board dropping. Again. Nice to see you here though Fish.

Get woke, go broke. Ask the Braves how their compassion for people offended by foam hatchets worked out for them last night. We've lost our minds. Sorry.

No foam hatchets in the stands caused the Braves to lose? Really? Interesting... I thought that was because the Cardinals abused them with great pitching and hitting. Sorry, you've lost your mind

Chains dreds ... kids having fun. Why would anyone care? Flat tops and skinny ties are the past. I don’t understand why anyone would give power to one stupid comment by responding to it though. Just do you thing and ignore the idiots who think their opinion matters.

hate to say it, but shelton is a shit stirrer. this pimple has popped let it go. wannado something, get the guys address and send him a truckload of psu logo'd adult diapers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT