ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 3 - Match/discussion thread

Disagree. If you toe the line, you're basically signing a waiver. So if you have a body part wrapped to oblivion, you gotta prepare for someone to key off on it.

You disagree. I'll give that all the merit it deserves. Done.

What the hell, don't wait for an injury, try to cause one like Plott tried on Truax.

You want intentional violence; MMA or boxing.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Before this is over let's take note that PSU's lineup next year could easily field seven finalists:

LL
Beau
SVN
Haines
MM
Carter
Kerk
You keep bringing Carter back in 2024/25 but I think he has made it clear he is done this year.

Keep dating it you might convince him to come back.

Season 17 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons

I won’t be disappointed by Beau’s and Mitchell’s losses.

Season 17 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons

I'm always disappointed for our guys that lose but realize that someone has to lose each bout. Our guys fought VERY hard in a losing effort and you can't ask for more than that. Did Beau and Mitchell give their all? Yes they did. I've moved on.

He won 7 in a row at nationals, 5 by bonus, including dubs over the 1, 3 and 5 seeds. Up a weight class. As a true freshman. Forced into the lineup after the starter got hurt.

I’m not counting him out of anything.
Kasak is a mighty strong freshman!

Reactions: Fatmarc
Only Carr tried to wrestle those six. All other opponents backed up most of the matches. Mendez did nothing just like at B1Gs. Beau is so close. MM had Carr on run and the score was confusing watching at home. At one time I looked up and it was 8-7 Mitchell. Oh well, the other 4 opponents scored escapes and Carter and Levi threw shutouts. Brooks would have too but let Hadley up in under 10 seconds to go. Carter shutout his last 3 primetime opponents on one leg!

Only Carr tried to wrestle those six. All other opponents backed up most of the matches. Mendez did nothing just like at B1Gs. Beau is so close. MM had Carr on run and the score was confusing watching at home. At one time I looked up and it was 8-7 Mitchell. Oh well, the other 4 opponents scored escapes and Carter and Levi threw shutouts. Brooks would have too but let Hadley up in under 10 seconds to go. Carter shutout his last 3 primetime opponents on one leg!
In reality this loss made him a better wrestler. Can't wait for the next few years of ass stomping

I'm sure they were
FYI - when I was coaching HS in WA, we had a first year guy with a lot of talent who was also a physical specimen. He was leading his opponent in a tournament but got called several times for locking hands. I was yelling from the corner for him to cut the guy and go neutral but he didn’t and got DQd for the final locked hands call. I asked him why he didn’t cut the guy loose and he told me he couldn’t understand what I was saying between the crowd noise and his headgear.

There’s a pretty good chance that Cael’s corner was trying to let MM know that he was losing on RT, but he couldn’t understand what they were saying. We might learn more in the upcoming interviews.

Reactions: bdgan
Hidlay tried to wrestle Aaron. He got suffocated.

He won 7 in a row at nationals, 5 by bonus, including dubs over the 1, 3 and 5 seeds. Up a weight class. As a true freshman. Forced into the lineup after the starter got hurt.

I’m not counting him out of anything.
I’m not either and that’s why it will be interesting but right do you think he beats SVN? That’s the question. Obviously what he accomplished is incredible

You disagree. I'll give that all the merit it deserves. Done.

What the hell, don't wait for an injury, try to cause one like Plott tried on Truax.

You want intentional violence; MMA or boxing.
Yikes. Maybe you don't know, but wrestling is a pretty physically demanding sport. There's plenty of moves within the rules that cause cause stress on muscles and joints. If you put a power half on a kid like the other Steiber who's shoulders were basically held together by Elmers glue, that's the sport.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT