ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 3 - Match/discussion thread

Literally didn’t know the score.

Oh well, live and learn.
I don't buy that for a second. He's probably wrestled a thousand matches and has the best coaches in the world in his corner plus he's in an arena with scoreboards all over the place. You don't just forget the score in the national finals.

Psycho didn't lose because he didn't know the score, though that (if true) didn't help.

He lost because he gave up a way too easy takedown in the first and then got ridden for 1:30+. Gave Carr 3 pts and let him shorten the match.
Regardless of pace, the match was 2 takedowns to 1.

Tough to get upset at a loss when you lose the takedown battle and riding time.

I don't buy that for a second. He's probably wrestled a thousand matches and has the best coaches in the world in his corner plus he's in an arena with scoreboards all over the place. You don't just forget the score in the national finals.
Well he clearly thought he was going to OT. While he has wrestled a zillion matches how many has he wrestled with RT points and especially when he ever had to consider it?

Reactions: PSU Fan in TN
The early TD and ride. That was it.
It was a factor, but MM overcame it. Bigger and deciding factor was that he apparently thought the bout was tied and stepped of the gas the last 30-40 seconds. He had to keep the pace up but didn't.

That might have been thing.. me might've seen the tied score and forgot about RT..

That's the kind of nonsense that folk has to get straight. There is literally no consistency in calling a stall. I think it's time for the one point push out.

Reactions: JimNazium
Mitchell was having fun. Carr is a good dude. As MM says it’s not about winning or losing it’s about competing.
Mitchell doesn't think it's good wrestling by not taking a shot in the last 30 seconds when you're down one. It's pretty much the opposite of what he preaches.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
Regardless of pace, the match was 2 takedowns to 1.

Tough to get upset at a loss when you lose the takedown battle and riding time.
The upset part is Mitch broke him and didn’t realize the score. Don’t let him up or take another shot. Can’t let him up and not take a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT