ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 3 - Match/discussion thread

Hello this is Bobby Telford. You've probably never heard of me, but you know who Tyler Kasak is. I want you to know I did the same thing at the NCAA tournament. Thanks for taking my call!
Bobby!

Congratulations on being the final Hawk wrestler who was actually healthy enough at the end of the season to succeed! 9 years man, long time huh?

Oh wait I get it...those two psychotic little chipmunks were too small to beat you up 😂

I think Ramos weight cut was an issue.
Will Ramos be back next year? I’m sure he felt that he was good enough to be a NC this year and is really disappointed with his performance. As a consolation, we should award him an honorary position in the Penn State Wrestling Fan Hall of Fame because he gave us something that we use continuously when we feel like annoying the Hawkeye fans. 😈

SVN goes down for the season. Cael says "hold my rootbeer" and inserts unproven true freshman TK in the slot. TK proceeds to match SVN's result at nationals and exceed his bonus points.

The wrestling world calls it unbelievable. Penn State calls it just another Saturday in March.

:D
I wouldn't call TK unproven , the guy was a very high recruit coming out of HS.

141? Just maybe, out at least not a definitive no, from the horses mouth as opposed to opinion.

My 'opinion', Beau may have a lot to do with this decision. RS Kasak and he comes back Zain like for three years.

I didn't see him taking the slot from SVN, strategically flawed and Kasak is quickly becoming one of my favorites but I am not extrapolating that to he will be better than SVN next year. More likely he goes down and challenges Beau if he stays. As hard a through for a 3rd at nationals, RS is probably the best answer.
why do we think anyone wants to redshirt or move weight classes , maybe the most likely scenario that they fight it out for the spot or one hits the portal.

Is it wrong to feel so nervous 1 hour out?

To think we are 80 points up before the finals, what an amazing blessing. We are rabid fans living in the glory years for this program, savoring what Cael has built, enjoy. Nothing lasts forever.

I just can't relax knowing we have so many kids that have yet to achieve their goals.

I shouldn't be nervous as my personal priorities for this season were/are as follows:

1). The Team championship 11 of 13
2). Aaron and Carter getting their 4th
3). Levi, Mitch, Kerk, Beau getting their title in that order of importance.
4). Setting a new points record.

In the Grand scheme of things setting the points record really is not that important. Regardless of the outcome tonight this squad will be seen as one of the best and most dominant tournament teams ever. Wait until Braeden and Nagao enhance their resumes over the next few years.

An hour out and I am still nervous as shit. There are no guarantees in wrestling, that's why the have the matches. Where is my shot glass?

Did you really agree with the guy on GIA that Caliendo would do better against KOT than MM would against KOT?
might want to read that one again. let me know if you still can’t figure it out after and i’ll help you out.

Should I be nervous? 7 min left in a girls basketball game and USC has a 31 point lead. Cannot possibly cut away from this for wrestling.

Is it wrong to feel so nervous 1 hour out?

To think we are 80 points up before the finals, what an amazing blessing. We are rabid fans living in the glory years for this program, savoring what Cael has built, enjoy. Nothing lasts forever.

I just can't relax knowing we have so many kids that have yet to achieve their goals.

I shouldn't be nervous as my personal priorities for this season were/are as follows:

1). The Team championship 11 of 13
2). Aaron and Carter getting their 4th
3). Levi, Mitch, Kerk, Beau getting their title in that order of importance.
4). Setting a new points record.

In the Grand scheme of things setting the points record really is not that important. Regardless of the outcome tonight this squad will be seen as one of the best and most dominant tournament teams ever. Wait until Braeden and Nagao enhance their resumes over the next few years.

An hour out and I am still nervous as shit. There are no guarantees in wrestling, that's why the have the matches. Where is my shot glass?

Yes. It is absolutely wrong. Especially the misuse of the shot glass... The shot glass is for celebration... of excellence... of dominance... Start the celebration now!

Dear Mrs. Lee:

I am sorry that your reaction to your son’s loss was deliberately broadcast and turned into a social media joke. I don’t agree with it and I feel for you. Hold your head high and try to laugh it off. We all have our moments, especially when it comes to our kids. Eventually it will stop being shared and will be forgotten.

Reactions: PSU James
That's the only thing my wife remembers from last years nationals lol. She saw the commercial for ESPN and said " there's that lady that destroyed her glasses. What was that about again" lol. Of course I told her the story
My wife and I were in a bar listening to an acoustic band. Bar was completely quiet other than the music, which wasn't loud. I was literally biting my shirt to keep quiet as I was pointing to the TV.

Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT