ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 3 - Match/discussion thread

Why do guys keep posting this??

Kasak is 10x more likely to wrestle at 157 than he is at 141.

What team has half the board been watching for the last decade? Can we round up Goggles and the rest of this crew and limit the Kasak to 141 posts to one thread that I can ignore?
Why is everyone convinced that SVN beats Kasak in a wrestle off?

A San Diego native finally makes his mark at Penn State! 👍
Just a little extra info here. I lived in San Diego for about 30 years and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there were some pretty decent HS programs in the area. Everyone who keeps track of HS wrestling has heard of Poway who has a really top level program, but there are some other schools there that also constantly put out some decent guys.

Every now and then, I’ll see a San Diego area guy make it to the podium at the NCAA tournament. Stephan Neal is the best known, but a few other names also come to mind like Quincy Clark, Jake Gaier and Ryan Halsey. I’ve always hoped we would see a San Diego guy on the Penn State team, and now we have 4X AA Bernie Truax!

Some time in the future, I’m hoping that Poway sends a guy to Penn State. They set a state scoring record this year with SEVEN guys in the state finals! Maybe someone from PSU can make a trip there someday. I guarantee they will enjoy the weather if nothing else.

PS I forgot to add that I made a lot of good friends there just by getting involved in the wrestling.

Last edited:
I am not obsessing at all, just watching you post and wondering why all the people i know at the event are posting very little, mostly after rounds are over. You do you, but it can be annoying….
It’s just nervous energy. Everyone has different ways to deal with that. And yes, one person’s medicine can be another person’s poison.

Last edited:
3rd place Tyler Kasak. What an unbelievable tournament for a true freshman. Hell of a season!!!!!!!!

SVN goes down for the season. Cael says "hold my rootbeer" and inserts unproven true freshman TK in the slot. TK proceeds to match SVN's result at nationals and exceed his bonus points.

The wrestling world calls it unbelievable. Penn State calls it just another Saturday in March.

:D

Am I the only one that missed the below quote from Ragusin?

"You got Oklahoma State. You got John Smith in the corner. They're gonna wine like f*cking bitches the whole time."

This can't be real, right? On a broadcast? Video clip or it didn't happen.

Reactions: Creek Side
It’s pretty clear that Ragusin was really frustrated with what happened in that match and I think he has every reason to feel that way. Maybe he wouldn’t have made that exact comment if he had time to calm down a little, but his adrenaline was still elevated. I put that whole fiasco on the ref. It never should have happened.

SVN goes down for the season. Cael says "hold my rootbeer" and inserts unproven true freshman TK in the slot. TK proceeds to match SVN's result at nationals and exceed his bonus points.

The wrestling world calls it unbelievable. Penn State calls it just another Saturday in March.

:D
I literally just found out about "dirty sodas" this past week.

I saw someone post on GIA about an f bomb live on TV from a Michigan wrestler.
Holy smokes! Ragusin sounded very diplomatic for the first 30 seconds there and I thought, “wow, he’s really composed for someone that got hosed out of a finals opportunity”.

Can we all agree that it's not normal to lose to the #26 seed in the first round and then beat the #1, #3 and #5 seeds to get 3rd?
That's just crazy. I truly believed heading into the tourney that Kasak could win it all. I predicted he'd at least make the finals so I has it right except he lost his first match instead of his last. True freshman at first Nationals so not surprising. This kid is a beast. Funny, two guys that some were wondering if they'd ever make it into the lineup (kasak and davis)...one takes 3rd, the other just misses AA. We are so blessed.

I am not obsessing at all, just watching you post and wondering why all the people i know at the event are posting very little, mostly after rounds are over. You do you, but it can be annoying….
Fair. Even more annoying is being jumped on by a little group of followers from the one poster who hates me because I know exactly what kind of clown he is in real life. So, know that, and that is simply from me, to you.

Now watch as his little minions pile on this post, as a perfect example of this crap.

Finals by Seed:

• 1 seed: (6)
  • 2 seed: (4)
  • 6 seed (3)
  • 3 and 4 seeds (2 each)
  • 8, 9 and 10 seed (1 each)
Three 1 vs 2 matchups

Reactions: diggerpup
Am I the only one that missed the below quote from Ragusin?

"You got Oklahoma State. You got John Smith in the corner. They're gonna wine like f*cking bitches the whole time."

If that's real, I'd like to say "yeah but you guys have Bormet".

Reactions: danoftw
141? Just maybe, out at least not a definitive no, from the horses mouth as opposed to opinion.

My 'opinion', Beau may have a lot to do with this decision. RS Kasak and he comes back Zain like for three years.

I didn't see him taking the slot from SVN, strategically flawed and Kasak is quickly becoming one of my favorites but I am not extrapolating that to he will be better than SVN next year. More likely he goes down and challenges Beau if he stays. As hard a through for a 3rd at nationals, RS is probably the best answer.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Did you really agree with the guy on GIA that Caliendo would do better against KOT than MM would against KOT?
I don’t. But it doesn’t matter because Mesenbrink is 3-0 against Caliendo so their results against O’Toole don’t mean anything.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
Most surprising non-placer?

I’m going with Bastida. He was 24-0 coming in with wins over:

Davison, who beat him and is in the finals
Hendrickson (took 3rd)
Elam (twice by major; took 4th)
Feldman (by major; took 5th)
Schultz (took 6th)
He posted that he had broken his finger. Makes CStar’s title with a broken hand that much more impressive

Most surprising non-placer?

I’m going with Bastida. He was 24-0 coming in with wins over:

Davison, who beat him and is in the finals
Hendrickson (took 3rd)
Elam (twice by major; took 4th)
Feldman (by major; took 5th)
Schultz (took 6th)
Conigliaro, not only because he didn’t place, but because of the way his tournament went. 24-5 5-seed goes down to #28 and then gets Teched by Kennedy in Conso 1. I don’t know a lot about him, but ouch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT