ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 3 - Match/discussion thread

Technically yes. A finals win = 4 pts. So theoretically we could still get the record with 3 wins + 2 pins, or 3 wins all by TF, or 2 MDs + 1 pin, etc.

The chances of that happening are IMO much lower than the 4th title.
Why do we need TWO MDs with a pin? Isn’t one enough? 167.5 + 3?

Reactions: mcpat
Losing in 1st round and coming all the way back to take 3rd doesn’t happen often. I remember Telford doing it in 2015 I believe. Who are the historians to tell us how many times it has been done?
And when you answer this great question, please also provide the number that did it with five bonus point wins.

That was 100% a takedown. I can see why they didn’t throw the brick if there is a limited amount throughout the tournament. Can you imagine not having a challenge in a national championship match because you used it there?
That’s what I was thinking too. Don’t forget that we have good coaches AND smart coaches.

Is PSWC updated? I need to become a member.

I saw we were getting close to locking up margin of victory record, but the table was a little behind

Reactions: mcpat
Margin now up to 84 pts over Michigan.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Tyler Kasak. Wow. 141 pounder, who is redshirting his true freshman year, and then Shayne Van Ness, returning 3rd place All American, going for a possible national championship, goes out with a season ending injury at 149.

Well, in ANY other program that is an INSTANT HOLE in the lineup. 80 percent of teams go to a backup and hopefully just make it to Nationals, but not expecting any points. 19 other percent will put a great recruit in as a freshman but that's usually not going to be successful. That's IF they HAVE a backup at the weight.... which Penn State DID NOT.

We had two very good backup 141 pounders in David Evans and Tyler Kasak, with David being a senior and Tyler the freshman.

And the freshman Kasak, won the battle in a VERY CLOSE competition with David, with both wrestlers moving UP to compete.

Then Kasak has an excellent season and gets a 7 seed to the dance, and promptly loses to a kid who he probably beats 9 out of 10 times.

Then wins seven straight matches and beats the 1, 3, AND 5 seeds on the way to All American and 3rd place.

Think about all that. This is why Cael Sanderson is the greatest coach AND Greatest wrestler ever, in the sport, AND this is why Penn State is the greatest dynasty in all of modern collegiate sports. MODERN, as in everything that came after the Oklahoma States of the 50s and 60s, the Iowa States of the 70s, and the Iowas of the 80s and 90s.

The hate is real, Word is Tom Ryan threw one of his bricks for manning.
Did you hear that huge contingency of Wyoming Cowboy fans roar when Volk beat Davis in the blood round? Like...7, 8,000 people just going insane with joy.

Wyoming didn't bring more than 23 fans to KC, including the wives and kids of the coaches 😂

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
Did you hear that huge contingency of Wyoming Cowboy fans roar when Volk beat Davis in the blood round? Like...7, 8,000 people just going insane with joy.

Wyoming didn't bring more than 23 fans to KC, including the wives and kids of the coaches 😂
My man, you have got to let this go. Fans are going to cheer against the favorites and root for the underdog. It's not unique to PSU wrestling.
let it go GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT