ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 3 - Match/discussion thread

For the uninformed (definitely not me I promise), does Bartlett have another year or is he done? If he does, do we assume Kasak redshirts and goes back down to 141 after? Is that cut sustainable? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Many Iowa fans are furious at Brands for equivalent stupidity. Kennedy was up by 1 with choice in the 3rd against Lewis - went neutral (who knew Mekhi was so good on top?). Got taken down, escaped and lost by 1.

“Period 3: Neutral start. Lewis scores a takedown and takes a 5-3 lead. Kennedy scores an escape and closes the gap to one point. Kennedy shoots a takedown late, but Lewis holds him and wins 5-4.”

That’s Tom Ryan-esque big brain stuff
Gonna give Brands the benefit of the doubt on this one. Cenzo had a real tough time getting out from under Lewis.

Reactions: 7Springs
I don’t think Kasak looks like a small 149. Not sure he sees 141 again. And Beau is returning regardless.

First world problems

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
For the uninformed (definitely not me I promise), does Bartlett have another year or is he done? If he does, do we assume Kasak redshirts and goes back down to 141 after? Is that cut sustainable? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
Posters have said that Beau has 1 more year and plans to use it. Would assume Kasak takes RS since he has 1 and SVN/BB do not? No clue what happens the following year if Kasak cannot make 141

Beau is returning.

What are the chances SVN's phone isn't getting calls from the Iowa City area code?

Seriously though, if Kasak can go back down to 141 and keep his strength he's going to be a beast.
Why do guys keep posting this??

Kasak is 10x more likely to wrestle at 157 than he is at 141.

What team has half the board been watching for the last decade? Can we round up Goggles and the rest of this crew and limit the Kasak to 141 posts to one thread that I can ignore?

Why do guys keep posting this??

Kasak is 10x more likely to wrestle at 157 than he is at 141.

What team has half the board been watching for the last decade? Can we round up Goggles and the rest of this crew and limit the Kasak to 141 posts to one thread that I can ignore?
Oklahoma State.

Reactions: goldenanimal
If both Bernie and Kasak win their last match for 3 and 5. We'll need exactly 4 wins to get the record.
Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Bartlett has another year and according to some he intends to use it. We shall see.

Last night 0-0 after 1.
Henson Chooses neutral in second. 0-0 after 2
Lovett takes top 3rd and Henson escapes before RT over a minute to win 1-0.

There's a lot overreaction to this decision. I think it was the right call. Go watch their match from CKLV.

Lovett rode the tar out of him. Henson never came close to getting out. But on their feet, Henson was all over him, took him down, and Ridge was scrambling for dear life to close it out.

So return to last night, you have two choices:

1) Ride a guy who never came close to getting away from you for 2 minutes

or

2) Escape in under 1:00 and defend against a guy who has proven he can take you down and also not give up a stall call

Can't forget the haters all roaring when Tyler goes out in the first round. After that he simply makes an incredible run and the kid who beat him is nowhere to be found.

Does this count?​

Psubiomed

Well-Known Member​

Sorry but 8-2 for this team sucks. Lost to two 25 seeds. Pathetic.

Or this?

Psubiomed

Well-Known Member​

I guess Freshman are gonna Freshman from time to time.
No, that stunk

There's a lot overreaction to this decision. I think it was the right call. Go watch their match from CKLV.

Lovett rode the tar out of him. Henson never came close to getting out. But on their feet, Henson was all over him, took him down, and Ridge was scrambling for dear life to close it out.

So return to last night, you have two choices:

1) Ride a guy who never came close to getting away from you for 2 minutes

or

2) Escape in under 1:00 and defend against a guy who has proven he can take you down and also not give up a stall call
2. For a plethora of reasons.

You guys are on track for the team record and salty because someone celebrated a huge throw and pin against a 4x AA. Be normal!!!
One guy is, apparently (I had to put him on ignore last night). One guy. Remember earlier when jmadden pointed out that folks on this board shouldn’t take a single GIA poster and say it’s representative of the fanbase?

One guy is, apparently. One guy. Remember earlier when jmadden pointed out that folks on this board shouldn’t take a single GIA poster and say it’s representative of the fanbase?
I get a ton of likes on this board regularly. More than the half dozen or so like you who hate me. So yeah...

• Haha
Reactions: bmw199
One guy is, apparently (I had to put him on ignore last night). One guy. Remember earlier when jmadden pointed out that folks on this board shouldn’t take a single GIA poster and say it’s representative of the fanbase?
100% . @Psubiomed* be normal!!!

Reactions: Ja1339
You guys are on track for the team record and salty because someone celebrated a huge throw and pin against a 4x AA. Be normal!!!
Don't confuse 1 flamethrower who half the board has on ignore (and the other half has his past handle on ignore) for "you guys."

This isn't like Ironbird saying something idiotic on GIA and getting 27 likes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT