ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Big Ten Tournament match, PBP, and discussion thread

It was very nice of the PSU wrestlers to not have anyone going in the consolations, so, now I can concentrate 100% on the PIAA finals, which will lead in perfectly to the semi-finals!
... and here you were the other day complaining that Cael was no longer heeding your text messages.

Reactions: mvattivo
Those are still the quarters.
Thank you!

Here are the Semi-Final matchups:
Semis125#6 Braeden Davis#7 Michael DeAugustino (MICH)[Semis] 125 — #6 Braeden Davis vs #7 Michael DeAugustino (MICH) - Mat TBD
Semis133#5 Aaron Nagao#1 Dylan Ragusin (MICH)[Semis] 133 — #5 Aaron Nagao vs #1 Dylan Ragusin (MICH) - Mat TBD
Semis141#1 Beau Bartlett#5 Sergio Lemley (MICH)
[Semis] 141 — #1 Beau Bartlett vs #5 Sergio Lemley (MICH) - Mat TBD
Semis149#4 Tyler Kasak#1 Ridge Lovett (NEB)
[Semis] 149 — #4 Tyler Kasak vs #1 Ridge Lovett (NEB) - Mat TBD
Semis157#1 Levi Haines#4 Jared Franek (IOWA)
[Semis] 157 — #1 Levi Haines vs #4 Jared Franek (IOWA) - Mat TBD
Semis165#2 Mitchell Mesenbrink#3 Michael Caliendo (IOWA)
[Semis] 165 — #2 Mitchell Mesenbrink vs #3 Michael Caliendo (IOWA) - Mat TBD
Cons R12174#1 Carter Starocci#10 Brody Baumann (PUR)
[Cons R12] 174 — #1 Carter Starocci vs #10 Brody Baumann (PUR) - Mat TBD
Semis184#3 Bernie Truax#2 Lenny Pinto (NEB)
[Semis] 184 — #3 Bernie Truax vs #2 Lenny Pinto (NEB) - Mat TBD
Semis197#1 Aaron Brooks#4 Silas Allred (NEB)
[Semis] 197 — #1 Aaron Brooks vs #4 Silas Allred (NEB) - Mat TBD
Semis285#1 Greg Kerkvliet#4 Yaraslau Slavikouski (RUT)
[Semis] 285 — #1 Greg Kerkvliet vs #4 Yaraslau Slavikouski (RUT) - Mat TBD

Who had Rutgers ahead of OSU on their Bingo Cards, or Maryland ahead of the likes of Wisconsin or Illinois? Phenomenal job by our boys today, with some interesting results by other programs.
Rutgers ahead of tOSU? Yeah, that's unexpected. But Maryland ahead of Illinois doesn't seem surprising.. Other than Edmund Ruth, Illinois doesn't have much in their lineup this season. And Maryland ahead of Wisconsin at this point isn't really a shocker either.

I'm surprised tOSU is having such a bad tourney. Only 2 into the semis. Michigan is doing very well but they started leaking oil near the end of quarters and I expect that to continue tonight. I'm thinking 6 into the finals for PSU and 4 for Michigan.

Braeden Davis looks like a teenager wrestling his father who just returned home from the Civil War.

Here are the Semi-Final matchups:
Semis125#6 Braeden Davis#7 Michael DeAugustino (MICH)[Semis] 125 — #6 Braeden Davis vs #7 Michael DeAugustino (MICH) - Mat TBD

A spot in the finals and Reparations are on the line.

Rutgers ahead of tOSU? Yeah, that's unexpected. But Maryland ahead of Illinois doesn't seem surprising.. Other than Edmund Ruth, Illinois doesn't have much in their lineup this season. And Maryland ahead of Wisconsin at this point isn't really a shocker either.
Maryland has been a lot better this year, however at quick glance seeing it still surprises considering how bad they have historically been since joining The B1G

Reactions: Fatmarc
So what is the team score?

www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/

PtdQry.gif

Grading the quarter final wins, now some of our guys won't get a quality win until the national semi finals.
Davis A+ came back vs a very good opponent
Nagao B+ solid win
BB - meh come on man bonus someone.
Kasak B nice win but he kind of gased early, but held on to win.
Haines A next topic.
MM A a pin is good right
Carter 2 weeks to get better?
Bernie B nice win vs a tricky opponent
Brooks next topic until the national finals where someone can hang with him
Kerk A no one can hang with him, maybe batista cause he a solid athlete.

3 seed Bouzakis vs 4 seed Van Dee second round consolation. Loser doesn’t place. Big Ten is brutal.

Reactions: Fatmarc
What a morning session! Can anyone come up with something to complain about🤫?

Byers was a little understated for my taste during the Davis match while I was listening in the car between monsoon youth soccer games in Conshohocken. I was counting on him for some excitement but was basically whispering

(This is a joke, I don't know how the guy keeps his voice, I'm toast after coaching 3 matches / 1 4x400)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT