ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session IV -- National Semis!

Anyone else think Mendez could win 3 titles like I do? I like that kid and his style. Hopefully, Tan Tom doesn't screw him up like he has done with so many other great wrestlers.
Mendez isn't winning 3 titles. In a couple years when he might be ready to win one Davis will be PSU seasoned and Medez isn't going be able to beat him.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
The Storocci v Foca match a good example of the horseshit stalling less talented wrestlers use in an attempt to "shorten" a match and keep it close and Folk Refs absurdly encourage by allowing it as a strategy and making no calls. Foca was called for 1 "Stall Warning" and dinged zero points despite doing ZERO WRESTLING from Neutral or when he was on bottom. Did not take a single shot and did nothing but run to the edge in Neutral and literally laid on his stomach and did NOTHING when on bottom. 7 minutes of this horseshit that is beyond blatant stalling and somehow the ridiculous Folk Ref only saw 1 Stalling that cost him zero points.

Foca should have been DQ'ed for Stalling the entire 7 minutes both in Neutral and bottom - zero wrestling and nothing but 7 minutes of stalling but somehow the Folk Ref sees absolutely nothing wrong with the strategy as the way he called the match did nothing but encourage Foca to continue stalling, not wrestle.

Utterly Ridiculous.

I'd guess 157 so Yanni can wrap it, but who knows

I can't help myself...
yanni-piano.gif

man making fun of spencer’s mom for being devastated is the ultimate loser sh*t. scumbag behavior from a fan base that loves to hold itself up as “classy”.
While I agree with your point your looking at the tip of the iceberg you see not the rest of the classy fans that maintain dignity regardless of wins or losses!
Even though Brooks put Hidlay in that position, he still refused to wrestle. Cracked me up that Hidlay spent an exorbitant amount of time wrestling from the edge and OOB, but Brooks gets called for stalling.
Both calls on Brooks were deserved. First call he backed out o the circle and 2nd call he pushed out of the circle. They don't matter because he controlled the match but they were pretty simple called.

I don't like it either but no one from HR should be casting stones about scumbag behavior.

Comments that somebody's deportment is disordered or potentially dangerous are not ridicule or "scumbag behavior".

If she cried or did anything else that kept to herself; that's inconsolable emotion, and she would be entitled to her disappointment. Her kid lost a wrestling match; she's not getting a call he was seriously injured or dead.

When you start throwing things, that's when you need anger management.

Dean has 2-Seed Traux in Bow and Arrow. No back points. Leading 5-4 in 3rd. RT goes over a minute. Unfortunately they have to stop it for blood. Gives Traux a fresh start from where Dean had been dominating.

Crap! Reversal Traux. 6-6. SV.

Traux TD wins.

If it wasn’t for blood time, Dean wins

Reactions: Verolion
While I agree with your point your looking at the tip of the iceberg you see not the rest of the classy fans that maintain dignity regardless of wins or losses!

Both calls on Brooks were deserved. First call he backed out o the circle and 2nd call he pushed out of the circle. They don't matter because he controlled the match but they were pretty simple called.
I agree that both were technically correct. However, if the simplicity of the call warrants the call being made, it should have been as easy to call Hidlay.

The bytch isn't that Brooks was called, it is the calls were pathetically lopsided.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT