ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Transfer Portal Wish List

Texas Lion

Aug 10, 2018
I thought I would start hopefully a long running portal wish list. 247 yesterday produced their top 25 list, a few stick out in places of need:

Paul Tchio, OG, Clemson: We never offered out of high school., From Georgia.
Marcus Bradley, DL, Vanderbilt: Former PSU Recruit.
Kayden Lyles, OG, Wisconsin: We never offered out of high school, From WI.

I am sure the portal will start to fill up after this weekend and more players should be of interest here.

I think PSU needs to be in the mix for any OL, DL, and LB that has a pulse.

I thought I would start hopefully a long running portal wish list. 247 yesterday produced their top 25 list, a few stick out in places of need:

I am sure the portal will start to fill up after this weekend and more players should be of interest here.

Agree on all counts.

Reactions: psu1969a

+1. I would say we need an OT over an OG or maybe even a Center. But its close.
Agree about DL and LB'r.

Reactions: LMTLION
+1. I would say we need an OT over an OG or maybe even a Center. But its close.
Agree about DL and LB'r.
I think, although I would love to bump them down, that Wallace and Tengwell might be able to stay at OT.

Here is my thought about the OT/OG thing. I think the desirable OT's will be looked at by a few of the bigger programs. We might have a shot at the IOL guys. Crazy thoughts Im sure.

Reactions: BBrown
I think, although I would love to bump them down, that Wallace and Tengwell might be able to stay at OT.

Here is my thought about the OT/OG thing. I think the desirable OT's will be looked at by a few of the bigger programs. We might have a shot at the IOL guys. Crazy thoughts Im sure.
Tengwall should be fine at LT, I would pencil him in for the next two years. Wallace is still abig ? To me.

Interior D-Linemen and most importantly, about 30 PHYSICAL offensive linemen, let them battle it out all off season, tell 25 of them to take a hike. TIC obviously and totally unrealistic, but I honestly don't care about anything with this program next year but the offensive line. I don't care about Franklin, facilities, skill players, QB's, wins/losses....nothing, I want a solid/tough offensive line that sets the standard for years to come.

I'd look for a WR that could come in and have a good chance to start. KLS has been somewhat of a disappointment. We have a lot of guys with potential but are so unproven. With Saunders coming in, he has a good chance at starting.

No QB? I don't think Cliff will return and I believe a mature signal caller is needed, if only to mentor the young guys.

Agree on offensive line.

No QB? I don't think Cliff will return and I believe a mature signal caller is needed, if only to mentor the young guys.

Agree on offensive line.
I think Cliff will be back so I didn't list a QB. If he doesn't come back then I would for sure add a QB to that list.

Even if Cliff comes back I would consider some kind of scholarship QB portal kid to give them the 5 scholly QB's they want:

Cliff
CV
Portal
Allar
Pribula

I'd look for a WR that could come in and have a good chance to start. KLS has been somewhat of a disappointment. We have a lot of guys with potential but are so unproven. With Saunders coming in, he has a good chance at starting.
I'm going to disagree with you on that. The WR room is already very, very crowded, although I do expect more than a few (I'm thinking as many as 3 or more) to hit the portal. I'd give KLS another year. Parker W. is pretty good and the incoming class has a lot of potential not to mention Liam and Harrison Wallace. Malick M. could be the wild card and is it too soon to say a possible break out player next year.
JMO but I think OL, DL and LB'r are the 3 key areas. I say LB'r because I don't know what Brooks or Smith's plans are, if they stay then I think we are ok at LB'r and then can look at somewhere else.

Reactions: bison13
I'm going to disagree with you on that. The WR room is already very, very crowded, although I do expect more than a few (I'm thinking as many as 3 or more) to hit the portal. I'd give KLS another year. Parker W. is pretty good and the incoming class has a lot of potential not to mention Liam and Harrison Wallace. Malick M. could be the wild card and is it too soon to say a possible break out player next year.
JMO but I think OL, DL and LB'r are the 3 key areas. I say LB'r because I don't know what Brooks or Smith's plans are, if they stay then I think we are ok at LB'r and then can look at somewhere else.
Looking at the portal differently, who leaves. Also, if he stays does Ford become a WR?

Marcus Bradley is a head-case which is why he left Vanderbilt. If Locksley takes him back (i.e. he decommitted from Maryland last year), then he is all Maryland. But he could be a high risk high reward type of player.

Reactions: Texas Lion
Looking at the portal differently, who leaves. Also, if he stays does Ford become a WR?
Just off the top of my head (and don't bash me if I have their eligibility messed up (Covid ya know) but I think Cam S. Brown, Daniel George and Black are candidates. Ford is also one I'm thinking may portal out and Roberson. Not sure about the defensive side.

Just off the top of my head (and don't bash me if I have their eligibility messed up (Covid ya know) but I think Cam S. Brown, Daniel George and Black are candidates. Ford is also one I'm thinking may portal out and Roberson. Not sure about the defensive side.
My Possible Portal List: (Note I said Possible)

QB: Roberson
RB: Holmes, with Cain declaring for the NFL and trying to grab on a practice squad to prove he can be healthy again. He can't prove he can be healthy at 8 carries a game. (Truth be told, I think Singleton wins the competition and Lee ends up the power back on short yardage)
WR: CSB. George, Black, and maybe a Dottin?
OL: List any of the guys that haven't seen time yet. If they couldn't play this year will they even be able to?
TE: Maybe Strange? I see Theo passing him and they like the skill set of Warren.

DL: Nobody, they all see best place for PT is Penn State
DE: Same as DL
LB: Same as the other 2
CB: Jeffery davis Jr
S: Tyler Rudolph

I would guess we have about 7 or 8 scholarship guys go portal,.

PW - soph
KLS - soph
CSB - Rsr
george - Rjr
Dottin - Rfr
Meiga -R Fr
Clifford - Fr
Wallace - Fr
Black - sr
Eubanks - Rsr
Saunders, Ivey, johnson and Flowers (?) coming in.

CSB/DG/Black/Eubanks are gone in my opinion, so including Dotson to NFL, thats 5 out and 4 in. Even if one of those 4 stay its 4 in and 4 out.

Any idea of Dottin's progress this fall?

My Possible Portal List: (Note I said Possible)

QB: Roberson
RB: Holmes, with Cain declaring for the NFL and trying to grab on a practice squad to prove he can be healthy again. He can't prove he can be healthy at 8 carries a game. (Truth be told, I think Singleton wins the competition and Lee ends up the power back on short yardage)
WR: CSB. George, Black, and maybe a Dottin?
OL: List any of the guys that haven't seen time yet. If they couldn't play this year will they even be able to?
TE: Maybe Strange? I see Theo passing him and they like the skill set of Warren.

DL: Nobody, they all see best place for PT is Penn State
DE: Same as DL
LB: Same as the other 2
CB: Jeffery davis Jr
S: Tyler Rudolph

I would guess we have about 7 or 8 scholarship guys go portal,.
That seems very fair.
I think Holmes stays and I don't see how Cain can declare. Maybe he would be picked up very late but I'm not even sure I'd take him.
Your WR group is very close to mine except I think Dottin will stay, I had Eubanks in place of Dottin.
I hope Strange stays. He seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle a little but think he's a wildcard. He had some nice blocks on Sat., especially on Lee's TD.
Isn't there some "drama" going on with Rudolph? So I could see that.
I think anywhere from 6+ portals would be my WAG.

PW - soph
KLS - soph
CSB - Rsr
george - Rjr
Dottin - Rfr
Meiga -R Fr
Clifford - Fr
Wallace - Fr
Black - sr
Eubanks - Rsr
Saunders, Ivey, johnson and Flowers (?) coming in.

CSB/DG/Black/Eubanks are gone in my opinion, so including Dotson to NFL, thats 5 out and 4 in. Even if one of those 4 stay its 4 in and 4 out.

Any idea of Dottin's progress this fall?
Those were my WR' picks as well.
I think Dottin may have had an injury. So I don't know.
I'd also have a serious talk with George about shifting to Safety.

We need 3 offensive linenen and 2 of them need to be tackles, not guards.

That seems very fair.
I think Holmes stays and I don't see how Cain can declare. Maybe he would be picked up very late but I'm not even sure I'd take him.
Your WR group is very close to mine except I think Dottin will stay, I had Eubanks in place of Dottin.
I hope Strange stays. He seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle a little but think he's a wildcard. He had some nice blocks on Sat., especially on Lee's TD.
Isn't there some "drama" going on with Rudolph? So I could see that.
I think anywhere from 6+ portals would be my WAG.
My Cain thoughts:

I don't think he will get the carries at Penn State to prove he can stay healthy. Plus I think Singleton is that good. I also don't see him getting drafted. So I believe his choices are UFA and try to show through a practice squad he can stay healthy, or leave for somewhere he can get a majority of the carries and prove his health that way.

I just don't see a positive path for him to rebuild what people think about him.

Reactions: bison13 and BBrown
My Cain thoughts:

I don't think he will get the carries at Penn State to prove he can stay healthy. Plus I think Singleton is that good. I also don't see him getting drafted. So I believe his choices are UFA and try to show through a practice squad he can stay healthy, or leave for somewhere he can get a majority of the carries and prove his health that way.

I just don't see a positive path for him to rebuild what people think about him.
Thats seems very fair.
Only thing I will say is that last Sat. was the best I've seen him look since 2019.
So if he could regain that form, even with Singleton I think there is room for him here.

Reactions: Texas Lion
We need 3 offensive linenen and 2 of them need to be tackles, not guards.
IMO that is our problem right now....they went after what they can project. They never seem to go after the road grading G. They go after guys that project to be swing size and can play both G and T and forget about the being an OL part.

IMO that is our problem right now....they went after what they can project. They never seem to go after the road grading G. They go after guys that project to be swing size and can play both G and T and forget about the being an OL part.
You are correct. Too many tweeners. They don't have any true tackles and because if that they need to keep playing these kids who should be guards, at tackle. They accidentally stumbled onto Tengwall, for example, who is a guard, but Franklin can't recruit tackles or can't get them in the portal so once again next year he will be playing Tengwall at tackle instead of guard...Now IF they can just get Wormley healthy then at least they will have one guard actually playing guard. But after Wormley and Tengwall they only have Scruggs who was awful at guard but passable at center. They still need 3 o linemen for a decent o line and none of those three are currently on the roster.

Thats seems very fair.
Only thing I will say is that last Sat. was the best I've seen him look since 2019.
So if he could regain that form, even with Singleton I think there is room for him here.
Don't give up on Cain. I have seen far too many examples of kids who needed that extra year to fully heal from injury.

I am guessing we are good at safety. Franklin seemed to just all but say he was coming back. Good catch by the PennLive guy saying he didn't see him walk at Sr. Day.

I would think part of what is considered when looking at players available through the portal is the players you may be losing via the portal. That is yet to be determined

I would take those two big farm boy guards from Illini that drove our DL into the ground. Number #1 wish Johnny "Mr. Football" Langan!!!!

My Cain thoughts:

No way he goes pro. Just isn’t ready, no team would risk him yet. Only chance is if he thinks he can heal up and generate amazing numbers by pro days this winter. But that is too risky.

He will either stay or portal. My guess is portal since Lee seems to have moved ahead of him, Ford is good and Singleton is great. Cain goes where he can play.

Reactions: psualt
If Cain were to declare, it would be worse advisement than the DE LJ Sr told to turn pro.

He needs a good off season of healing. That will do more good than anything. He could transfer out if Singleton shows up in January and dominates through spring. Particularly if Lee out performs him as well.

Dottin was getting the reps Meiga is getting. He's not a concern to leave unless multiple freshmen pass him by.

I think we utilize the 7 rule and replenish certain positions much like we did with AK and Tangelo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT