ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Transfer Portal Wish List

Figured this thread needed a bump. Portal season is in full swing.

Ohio State QB Jack Miller now in portal.

Temple Coach let go. Any other AK47's on that roster maybe looking for a spot to finish their career.

Portal Season is slowly becoming my favorite.

Temple had all AAC RT and 2nd Team LT. And that was it. No other player made 1st/2nd/3rd/HM.

Reactions: BBrown
Temple Coach let go. Any other AK47's on that roster maybe looking for a spot to finish their career.

Portal Season is slowly becoming my favorite.

Temple had all AAC RT and 2nd Team LT. And that was it. No other player made 1st/2nd/3rd/HM.

Temple as minor league PSU? Interesting.

19 Minutes ago, Spencer Rattler enters the portal. If Clifford is out then Penn state needs to make a big run to land him.

In the all headcase team, TCU RB Zach Evans reportedly will be in the portal by this afternoon.

Damn I wish some of these portal QB's would have been in the portal last year.
What are your thoughts on Rattler is Clifford doesn't come back? Fit in the MY Offense?

I am not ready to hand the keys to the car to CV or a true FR.

What are your thoughts on Rattler is Clifford doesn't come back? Fit in the MY Offense?

Heard too many bad things regarding Rattler and the locker room.
I'm probably going to give you an answer you don't like but I would be very, very cautious about bringing in a QB. I don't want Veilleux, Allar or Pribula to leave or not commit.
I'd like to start with a clean slate at QB and that means I'm more than ok with Clifford moving on as well.

Tom Brady himself could transfer in and it won't matter until this team can field a competitive offensive line....
Sure, that would be great for us if we can land Rattler, but I would prefer finding 3 or even 4 offensive linemen who can play at the Big Ten level, since the last one didn't pan out.

Tom Brady himself could transfer in and it won't matter until this team can field a competitive offensive line....
Sure, that would be great for us if we can land Rattler, but I would prefer finding 3 or even 4 offensive linemen who can play at the Big Ten level, since the last one didn't pan out.
Can't we have both?

RB Zach Evans in the portal. You guys think Rattler is a cancer in the locker room. Evans says hold his beer.

• Haha
Hell yeah! I would rejoice if we got 3 solid o linemen(who can compete, not 68 from this season) AND Rattler.
I doubt they bring in a qb, either Clifford comes back, or CV looked good enough, or High expectations for the freshmen.

We have adequate depth/talent at TE and CB for next season. Literally every other position is either lacking depth or our starters aren’t great.

DE and OT are the thinnest positions on this roster. Luketa and AK17 both gone I believe. Isaac back but who knows. Interior OL could be a lot better with coaching but we don’t have enough OT bodies on this roster. And zero left tackle talent.

Reactions: psu1969a
Damn I wish some of these portal QB's would have been in the portal last year.

which of them are looking for backup spots?

the top grab would be the kid from LSU since he’s a one year guy and wouldn’t impact the recruits unlesss they really think they’re day one guys.

not sure he’d be preferable to Clifford coming back though.

I doubt they bring in a qb, either Clifford comes back, or CV looked good enough, or High expectations for the freshmen.

We have adequate depth/talent at TE and CB for next season. Literally every other position is either lacking depth or our starters aren’t great.

DE and OT are the thinnest positions on this roster. Luketa and AK17 both gone I believe. Isaac back but who knows. Interior OL could be a lot better with coaching but we don’t have enough OT bodies on this roster. And zero left tackle talent.

If Clifford isn't back I think you need find one. Your QB room is a true soph and two true freshman if you stand pat. Can't imagine Roberson sticks around at this point, and if he does it seems unlikely he ever makes an impact.

Sorry, but you do not examine a 7-5 football team and then say. "We are alright there" or "we don't need anything over here".

A 7-5 football team needs help everywhere it can get it.

5 Star Univ of Marylan LB Terrance Lewis in Portal.
A lot of people predicted Lewis was going to hit the transfer portal as soon as he had the chance. I remember this guy's recruitment last year, he committed to Maryland because Maryland was the only school that would accept his commitment due to significant character issues. He is from Miami originally so he will probably revert back down south.

A lot of people predicted Lewis was going to hit the transfer portal as soon as he had the chance. I remember this guy's recruitment last year, he committed to Maryland because Maryland was the only school that would accept his commitment due to significant character issues. He is from Miami originally so he will probably revert back down south.
Must be some serious ‘character issues’!😲

Sorry, but you do not examine a 7-5 football team and then say. "We are alright there" or "we don't need anything over here".

A 7-5 football team needs help everywhere it can get it.
Haha fair enough, I’d take any help we can get but how much good would an incoming TE do? I’d save the roster spots for areas with poor depth/talent, and this team wasn’t terrible.

I just rewatched the MSU game and I’ll add we need another linebacker. Brooks and Jacobs are solid (Brooks needs coaching, despite his improvement) but i don’t care if #12 was a stud recruit holy lord it was absolutely terrible. #45 is a special teams guy. #43 and #41 looked decent as freshmen this year but are the only other scholarship LBs.

Haha fair enough, I’d take any help we can get but how much good would an incoming TE do? I’d save the roster spots for areas with poor depth/talent, and this team wasn’t terrible.

I just rewatched the MSU game and I’ll add we need another linebacker. Brooks and Jacobs are solid (Brooks needs coaching, despite his improvement) but i don’t care if #12 was a stud recruit holy lord it was absolutely terrible. #45 is a special teams guy. #43 and #41 looked decent as freshmen this year but are the only other scholarship LBs.
There once was this guy named Paterno...he could take an incoming tight end and turn him into a linebacker or a defensive end...stuff like that.

This guy named Saban, he does the exact same thing in today's game.

• Haha
Reactions: KCLion and Lion8286
Every single player with a pulse needs to be looked at. One of the core values of the program is compete.
I would take a Josh Hull over our current outside linebacker every day and twice on Sunday.

This team doesn't need one more single freak athlete. This team needs football players who know how to play football.
Well, there is the minor problem called scholarship limits.....🤷🏽

Must be some serious ‘character issues’!😲
Remember that kid with Character issues...eh, I can't seem to place the name, Bobby something or other..got in trouble was arrested stole some stuff out of a car, etc...way back in 92...

I think that ol coach Joe at Penn State took a chance on him...oh now I recall...

Bobby Engram.

How did that turn out anyhow?

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Remember that kid with Character issues...eh, I can't seem to place the name, Bobby something or other..got in trouble was arrested stole some stuff out of a car, etc...way back in 92...

I think that ol coach Joe at Penn State took a chance on him...oh now I recall...

Bobby Engram.

How did that turn out anyhow?
Twasn’t I that said it was a deal breaker. Just inferred the issues musta been doozies.

Twasn’t I that said it was a deal breaker. Just inferred the issues musta been doozies.
Probably. These days the issues are bigger than a kid going down to the gingerbread man bar off college Avenue and getting drunk and breaking his hand in a bar fight.
It always makes me chuckle how they covered that up with that fabricated volleyball story. Oh how I wish it was 1994 again, in so many ways. You could never get away with that now lololololol

does anyone know what the deal is with the younger Reeder? 6'3'' 236, stats for days (albeit at UD), and I see he is getting transfer options from the likes of James Madison and Youngstown State. Thought some one here might follow UD a little bit to know what his deal is.

+1. While the TE room wasn't what we thought or were led to believe it would be the talent is there and I certainly don't want to take up another spot for a TE when we need help at C, OT, DL and like you said LBr.
Just because we are 7-5 doesn't mean every position room on the team is a mess.

+1. While the TE room wasn't what we thought or were led to believe it would be the talent is there and I certainly don't want to take up another spot for a TE when we need help at C, OT, DL and like you said LBr.
Just because we are 7-5 doesn't mean every position room on the team is a mess.
wasn't it a worry when we first got MY that his offenses really weren't TE friendly? I could be wrong, like usual, but I really thought that was the case.

ADVERTISEMENT