ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Transfer Portal Wish List

wasn't it a worry when we first got MY that his offenses really weren't TE friendly? I could be wrong, like usual, but I really thought that was the case.
I remember that being a concern with Kirk C. Even the guy that covered Kirk while he was at Minny wondered how he would work the TE's into the offense.
I'm not sure about MY.
But I will say that at times MY did some nice things with the TE's, the Auburn game being the one that stands out but he also seemed to forget about them a lot as well.

I remember that being a concern with Kirk C. Even the guy that covered Kirk while he was at Minny wondered how he would work the TE's into the offense.
I'm not sure about MY.
But I will say that at times MY did some nice things with the TE's, the Auburn game being the one that stands out but he also seemed to forget about them a lot as well.
It might have been the KC hire I was thinking about.

Christmas list would be QB Spencer Rattler, WR Jadom Haselwood, OT (Wallace needs moved to his natural position guard), and DE.

I think both Kirk and Mike had question marks about TEs coming into the fold as our OC.

Kirk had virtually 2-3 seasons where his TEs never got over 10 receptions over the course of a season. As a unit. Kirk was also prone to play a 6th OL as well, so he valued blocking out of a TE more than receiving.

Mike also seemed to value blocking more, but from the H-back position rather than on the line beside a T. His TEs had similar reception numbers.

Yurcich did a good job spreading out the ball, but I don't think we have his type of TE on the roster yet. Go back to early in the season. All the TE motion and backside blocks that were missed and blew up running plays.

Then think about the motion we used late in the season. RB would go from back field to LoS back to back field. Washington on the jet and orbit motion. Dotson as well.

MY took stuff out because our roster couldn't do it.

I'm not sure about MY.
To be fair to MY, after the Auburn game the TEs seemingly forgot how to catch the ball or block am opposing player. So, idk how much of it was “forgetting” about them but have 0 confidence in them.

Virginia had 2 starters hit the portal today:

C: Olusegun Oluwatimi
LB: Noah Taylor

Both would have 1 year left. Olu is from Dematha so there is connection there.

Reactions: bison13
Eventually it has to have an impact on high school recruiting if you earn a reputation as someone who is always getting portal guys instead of developing your own players.
Yeah I almost think though that schools should probably try to recruit each year on a platform like, hey we have 20 scholarships for freshmen (or whatever number) and we are going to the portal for the other spots....

Remember that kid with Character issues...eh, I can't seem to place the name, Bobby something or other..got in trouble was arrested stole some stuff out of a car, etc...way back in 92...

I think that ol coach Joe at Penn State took a chance on him...oh now I recall...

Bobby Engram.

How did that turn out anyhow?
Not so well for Rickey Sales who I met at a youth conference in Harrisburg years later. We discussed his td catch vs ND but nothing else about his time. At least he was trying to pay back his community in a positive manner

Des Holmes to the portal. Makes you wonder why we even have weekly press conferences as this guy has been praised in every one of them when he is mentioned.

Reactions: bison13
FIU Freshman All American OT Marcus Frazier was offered today. Might be a little late to the party as he had a final 3 released yesterday.

But boy would he and Olusegun Oluwatimi the C be Virginia be a much welcome addition.

Frazier, Tengwell, Olu Olu, Wallace, Fashanu

2 Olu's starting has to be a good thing, right?

FIU Freshman All American OT Marcus Frazier was offered today. Might be a little late to the party as he had a final 3 released yesterday.

But boy would he and Olusegun Oluwatimi the C be Virginia be a much welcome addition.

Frazier, Tengwell, Olu Olu, Wallace, Fashanu

2 Olu's starting has to be a good thing, right?
Saw OSU in his top 3. 🤮

Is Penn State on a short list for Albany DE Jared Verse? He is from Bloomsbury, PA but I have seen nothing about him.

Is Penn State on a short list for Albany DE Jared Verse? He is from Bloomsbury, PA but I have seen nothing about him.
Asked the same thing in one of the portal threads a couple weeks ago, haven't heard anything. He would be a quality pick up I believe.

Michigan State added 10 players last year and was a better team than Penn State. I believe 9 or 10 additions is the correct number.

Asked the same thing in one of the portal threads a couple weeks ago, haven't heard anything. He would be a quality pick up I believe.
Hummer on cbs sports said today that TN and FSU were in early on Verse. Should be making decision very soon. PSU wasn’t mentioned when he mentioned other schools interested but said he is keeping things close to the vest.

Hummer on cbs sports said today that TN and FSU were in early on Verse. Should be making decision very soon. PSU wasn’t mentioned when he mentioned other schools interested but said he is keeping things close to the vest.
You would have to think 1 of 2 things:

1. Where he grew up + what PSU has done with DE make it a no brainer.
2. Something happened in the initial recruiting phase that makes this a no go.

Kind of crazy if Central Columbia becomes Franklins Aliquippa.

Kind of crazy if Central Columbia becomes Franklins Aliquippa
I was thinking the same. Just note Central Columbia is different than Southern Columbia, maybe Columbia County = Aliquippa

Kind of crazy if Central Columbia becomes Franklins Aliquippa.
Verse verbaled to FSU.

Isheem Young tweets that he is committing this week. All signs are pointing to Ole Miss:(

Another site "insider" said for Penn State to expect good portal news sometime this week. I am thinking the OL from Cornell.

Reactions: GregInPitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT