ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Did Rivals say he has mobility issues ala Hackenburg? Allar looked more than capable on that play, pretty impressive throw on the run.
i said the same thing...he was doing this kinda stuff last year too on his junior tape...like a young Ben Roethlisberger really...Allar just looked a little more stiff in some of those drills at Elite 11 camp compared to others but some of those top guys were more advanced in those footwork drills and the Rivals guy just took it too far comparing him to a statue like Hackenburg

Reactions: TheGLOV
I'm back from vacation. Should have a few more free articles to come before the season starts

If you’re going to McDevitt v LaSalle get there early. McD has a bunch of activities planned pregame starting at 3:00 pm. Parking ingress and egress will be a mess.

Reactions: TheGLOV and Ceasar
I like a lotta these Hi-Star guys but how many of them will be out there running aroun out there with a leg cast on like Curtis Drake at the very same time 96% of the world wants to nuke University Park. Who cares if he flamed out in 12', in 11' he was ridin' 💯👆🫀

Tell me where you found the Stanley and Kevin sprouts flying up out the farm. Show me that farm.

Greg and I hit on a few topics today. Recruiting is slow, so it's hard to do 40 minutes on just recruiting, but we hit on a few recruiting topics, the alliance, preseason camp, upcoming high school games, etc..

I like a lotta these Hi-Star guys but how many of them will be out there running aroun out there with a leg cast on like Curtis Drake at the very same time 96% of the world wants to nuke University Park. Who cares if he flamed out in 12', in 11' he was ridin' 💯👆🫀

Tell me where you found the Stanley and Kevin sprouts flying up out the farm. Show me that farm.
Great name Isom...

I remember people were comparing Curtis Drake to Curtis Dickey...the one time horse of a running back for A&M!!!

Good write up. In terms of final ranking I think you are spot on. Final ranking somewhere in the 11-15 range seems about right, given where other schools currently stand.
Based on the last 5 recruiting classes, their current point total puts them in the 9 - 11 range. If they add anyone that boosts their point total, they could finish in the 7 - 9 range.

Greg and I hit on a few topics today. Recruiting is slow, so it's hard to do 40 minutes on just recruiting, but we hit on a few recruiting topics, the alliance, preseason camp, upcoming high school games, etc..

It seems like recruiting is very slow for all of the recruiting powers. Serious question - is there some kind of dead period going on right now? I would imagine things will really get going once the season starts, but teams like Georgia, Alabama, Oklahoma, OSU, Texas A&M all seem to have been stuck on a number for the past few weeks.

It seems like recruiting is very slow for all of the recruiting powers. Serious question - is there some kind of dead period going on right now? I would imagine things will really get going once the season starts, but teams like Georgia, Alabama, Oklahoma, OSU, Texas A&M all seem to have been stuck on a number for the past few weeks.
I don't believe it is an official dead period now, but college football practice started a couple of weeks ago, and high school football pre-season practice/scrimmages/first games have occurred over the past couple of weeks. Based on that, you don't see too much recruiting activity in August. Once recruits are able to get on campus for college football games and visits (i.e. September and forward), then you will see more recruiting activity.

Reactions: lazydave841

I don't believe it is an official dead period now, but college football practice started a couple of weeks ago, and high school football pre-season practice/scrimmages/first games have occurred over the past couple of weeks. Based on that, you don't see too much recruiting activity in August. Once recruits are able to get on campus for college football games and visits (i.e. September and forward), then you will see more recruiting activity.

August is pretty much a dead period. Only exceptions are for schools with games, when the days surrounding the games are "quiet."

Could be because coaches are on the field a little.

Is he an under the radar type of guy? PSU and Michigan seem to be the only blue bloods that have extended offers.
I can't tell, and I'm also not sure why the coaching staff is prioritizing Andre Roye over Ryan Brubaker as an OG/OT in the 2022 recruiting class. Maybe the lure of St. Frances Academy? We are competing with Maryland and Rutgers for Roye's commitment. While Brubaker did fall in the recent Rivals and 247 rankings which substantiates the coaching staff's late concerns in his recruitment, he is still a top 250 player where as Roye is much lower in the rankings.

Reactions: BVSt.Paul

Thank you! Appreciate the post here and question pulled.

I can't tell, and I'm also not sure why the coaching staff is prioritizing Andre Roye over Ryan Brubaker as an OG/OT in the 2022 recruiting class. Maybe the lure of St. Frances Academy? We are competing with Maryland and Rutgers for Roye's commitment. While Brubaker did fall in the recent Rivals and 247 rankings which substantiates the coaching staff's late concerns in his recruitment, he is still a top 250 player where as Roye is much lower in the rankings.

Do you think South Carolina is all that much better than Maryland? (Not going to throw Rutgers in there lol)

The word is workouts. The staff likes who they like.

Seems like a great question to ask Ryan in his Friday mailbag!?!?

Sounds like Coach Traut really likes Roye, even vs. Brubaker. I will also throw in the nugget that Roye also attends the same HS as 4* LB Jaishawn Barham - which can't hurt from a peer recruiting standpoint.

I can't tell, and I'm also not sure why the coaching staff is prioritizing Andre Roye over Ryan Brubaker as an OG/OT in the 2022 recruiting class. ... where as Roye is much lower in the rankings.
"in the rankings" ??

Not in the rankings that count for PSU......

i.e. the rankings of Trautwein and the rest of the PSU staff regarding which young players will develop and help PSU win football games......

Thank you! Appreciate the post here and question pulled.

Do you think South Carolina is all that much better than Maryland? (Not going to throw Rutgers in there lol)

The word is workouts. The staff likes who they like.

"that much better" ??

To who? You? Me? Glov? Or to an individual recruit that has priorities for his athletic career and accademic studies that only he and his family know?

I don't believe generalizations work well with the recruitment of individual players....

"that much better" ??

To who? You? Me? Glov? Or to an individual recruit that has priorities for his athletic career and accademic studies that only he and his family know?

I don't believe generalizations work well with the recruitment of individual players....

Of course they do. He's being recruited by D1 programs. All any of us do is compare.

The point I was conveying: worrying (another poster, not you) about a recruit (Brubaker) we apparently liked less than another (Roye) because the one we want is being recruited by Maryland while the other is verballed to South Carolina is worthless because we are still in the hunt for the player we want.

It wouldn't matter if Andre Roye went to SFA or a school in the middle of Alaska. As a pure prospect, he sits solidly higher than Brubaker, and there are probably a few names between the two on the board.

It wouldn't matter if Andre Roye went to SFA or a school in the middle of Alaska. As a pure prospect, he sits solidly higher than Brubaker, and there are probably a few names between the two on the board.
I don't believe that Brubaker is still on the Trautwein's board. If the staff can't get another OT for this class that they believe can develop into a top B10 OT they will either move on with what they have in the class now, or will explore the portal this winter. It's not like the OT depth chart will be bare in 2022 without Walker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT