ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

I don't believe that Brubaker is still on the Trautwein's board. If the staff can't get another OT for this class that they believe can develop into a top B10 OT they will either move on with what they have in the class now, or will explore the portal this winter. It's not like the OT depth chart will be bare in 2022 without Walker.
Do you think Cadeen Wallace will slide to LT after Walker graduates and maybe Tengwell competing for RT starting reps with Des Holmes staying on left side playing LT & LG? Fascinou (sp?) also competing for RT ?

Do you think Cadeen Wallace will slide to LT after Walker graduates and maybe Tengwell competing for RT starting reps with Des Holmes staying on left side playing LT & LG? Fascinou (sp?) also competing for RT ?

I have no idea what Trautwein will do next year, but from all reports Wallace is a great athlete for an OT, and most teams put their best and best pass protecting OT on the left side. Next year obviously Tengwell will compete for the open spot, along with Fashanu (who looks huge and athletic), Holmes (if he returns and does not play inside), Christ, Traore (inside or OT?), and the transfer from Harvard. If I had to guess I'd say that the transfer from Harvard, Tengwell and Fashanu battle to replace Walker. I don't believe I've heard one word about Christ since he stepped on campus, but from the pictures that have been made available both Fashanu and Traore look like they have more B10 ready bodies....

The point I was trying to make was that Trautwein has a great resume for recognizing OL talent and developing it. And if he backed off Brubaker after working him out that should be enough info for all the fans here to realize that the PSU staff has evaluated the OT's that they are still after (the player from Ohio and Roye, and...?) and is 100% convinced that they are talented enough to play at a high level in the B10, and that in their opinion Brubaker is not. So why keep quoting the "ratings services". Trautwein and CJF are the only "ratings services" I really care about to evaluate the OL talent that PSU is trying to bring to the PSU football team.

After looking over the current GoPSUSports roster, looking at the OLinemen competing, it sure is interesting to see the name Seth Nevills. Would be interesting to see him get a shot on the inside in 2022 as Miranda and the LG starter will likely not be at PSU in 2022 which will bring about another round of competition for spots on the inside..... but I seem to remember that Nevills hasn't played football since the middle of his high school years(??)

Last edited:
After looking over the current GoPSUSports roster, looking at the OLinemen competing, it sure is interesting to see the name Seth Nevills.

For those who do not recognize Nevills' name, he is a former All American wrestler for Penn State. I wonder if he is now on a football scholarship to free up wrestling money. Wrestling has to divide 9.9 scholarship across 10 weight classes.

For those who do not recognize Nevills' name, he is a former All American wrestler for Penn State. I wonder if he is now on a football scholarship to free up wrestling money. Wrestling has to divide 9.9 scholarship across 10 weight classes.
More likely he is done wrestling and he walked on for football. Can't see Franklin spending a scholarship on a wing and a prayer...

Question for someone who has seen Roye play? Is he carrying good weight or is he
a big stomach high school kid. No negative on him just hoping for a very fit 320lbs
Thanks
SFA is on ESPN now, vs. St. Thomas Aquinas of Florida. I think he’s #71 for SFA. He just looks HUGE, no big gut that I can see. Regardless, a TON of athletes on both sides in this game.

Ryan said over in the Den that he’s #71 and the SFA roster on MaxPreps also has him as #71. There’s a #71 at LT for them, I’m assuming it’s Roye.
Ok. I saw a 55 get banged up on a play and thought the announcer called him Roye. Have you seen Barham in the game?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Ok. I saw a 55 get banged up on a play and thought the announcer called him Roye. Have you seen Barham in the game?
I was flipping back and forth between the SFA game and the Nebraska/Illinios game. I didn’t hear him called out in the 1st half, but I think he showed more in the 2nd. He was #2 for SFA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT