ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Hey Ryan, how does the visitor list look for the Auburn game?

No real visitor list yet. We know DJ Wesolak and one or two others are planning official visits, and a bunch of the top in-state 2023 kids are planning to attend, but there isn't an official list yet. Next week we should start putting that together more.

Ryan, it looks like we're done with WR's in this class. Clemmons and Greene were in the mix but seem warmer to Auburn and UNC. Roye seems like a PSU lean. Would love for Wesolak to join the class. Any other targets to be aware of?

Anyone have some recruiting questions? We're taking questions for tomorrow's recruiting podcast.

Leave your question below.

Ryan - apologies for bringing up a '24 prospect in the '22 thread, but was hoping to get the details on your next piece of content.

Jadyn Davis (QB) is planning an Auburn/whiteout visit, and many perceive him to be the #1 prospect in the '24 class. Obviously very early in the process for '24 kid, but do we have a realistic shot a landing him? Yurcich effect?

Ryan - apologies for bringing up a '24 prospect in the '22 thread, but was hoping to get the details on your next piece of content.

Jadyn Davis (QB) is planning an Auburn/whiteout visit, and many perceive him to be the #1 prospect in the '24 class. Obviously very early in the process for '24 kid, but do we have a realistic shot a landing him? Yurcich effect?

We just filmed, so sorry for missing these. I'll try to post this earlier in weeks ahead when we do that.

Honestly, it's so early. I don't think the kid really even has a feel for his top schools yet.

He did visit a ton of schools this summer. Alabama, Georgia, Maryland, Ohio State, Oklahoma, South Carolina.

He's still in that feeling out process. It was great that PSU got him on campus, but there's so much that has to play out still.

Reactions: TheWizardofCamelot
Ryan, it looks like we're done with WR's in this class. Clemmons and Greene were in the mix but seem warmer to Auburn and UNC. Roye seems like a PSU lean. Would love for Wesolak to join the class. Any other targets to be aware of?

I don't think PSU is done with WRs yet. I never expected Greene to end up here, and I've been leaning Auburn with Clemons since the summer. I think the whole reason he's waiting to commit is to see how Auburn's new staff adjusts, but PSU should still be able to get him on campus this season, so keep an eye on that. Also, Texas WR Omari Evans. Don't sleep on him.

These are the other guys I'm still tracking.

Andre Roye
Aamil Wagner
Tyrese Fearbry
Sam Okunlola
DJ Wesolak
Jaishawn Barham
Moses Walker

I made my story from a month ago on Davis free so you can read it.

I don't think PSU is done with WRs yet. I never expected Greene to end up here, and I've been leaning Auburn with Clemons since the summer. I think the whole reason he's waiting to commit is to see how Auburn's new staff adjusts, but PSU should still be able to get him on campus this season, so keep an eye on that. Also, Texas WR Omari Evans. Don't sleep on him.

These are the other guys I'm still tracking.

Andre Roye
Aamil Wagner
Tyrese Fearbry
Sam Okunlola
DJ Wesolak
Jaishawn Barham
Moses Walker

Moses Walker...👀

• Wow
Reactions: Shadow99
Moses Walker...👀

I was thinking the same thing.....

He’s just someone that I know PSU would still like to visit. He was their top LB target throughout late spring and summer. He definitely pissed some people off with his recruiting video, but he’s a good player and PSU would definitely host him if he wanted to visit. I don’t expect a ton to come out of it.

For people who had the time to watch Roye play last Saturday: did anything about him stick out to you?

I watched a couple of series and didn't come away thinking he did much to impress. Were my impressions wrong? I wonder what Trautwein saw in his play that I missed?

For people who had the time to watch Roye play last Saturday: did anything about him stick out to you?

I watched a couple of series and didn't come away thinking he did much to impress. Were my impressions wrong? I wonder what Trautwein saw in his play that I missed?
247 did a write-up of the St. Frances/St. Thomas Aquinas game and the 247 write-up mentioned that Andre Roye has the current size (6'6 and 325) and long arms of an Offensive Tackle. Since Roye has the size already, he just needs to add strength and technique, which is probably what the Penn State Coaching Staff sees in Roye now. Jaishawn Barham also received a mention that he has the current size of a Linebacker.

It's likely that what Trautwein saw in Roye had more to do with the body of work of Roye's overall high school career and progress as he learned to play the OL, and more so Roye's physical abilities that Trautwein may have documented in workouts, so that Trautwein believes that Roye will develop physically at PSU and that Trautwein can teach Roye the finer points of playing OT at Big10 level.

Doubt Trautwein is focused on one individual high school game performance.

KJ Winston gets a 4th star from 247

It’s a good move. I wrote last week that he should be a four-star. I like it. He’s good, has great length. Not a burner but he plays smart, always in good position and forces turnovers. He had another this past weekend

I’m planning to see him play Friday night vs DeMatha.

KJ Winston gets a 4th star from 247

It’s a good move. I wrote last week that he should be a four-star. I like it. He’s good, has great length. Not a burner but he plays smart, always in good position and forces turnovers. He had another this past weekend

I’m planning to see him play Friday night vs DeMatha.

If we're being totally honest, we can say that about just about any major CF power or fanbase.

When you aren't "in mode", you offer some good analysis.

If anybody watches the IMG footage and comes away unimpressed with Allen, but loves his backup, then they are a shill.

If you were a top recruit watching OSU and Minnesota Thursday night, which team would you want to play for based on the broadcast?

"Oooo-lah-Vayyy!" "Haskell the Rascal" "OSU RB turning on the jets!"

Everything Minnesota did was met with less enthusiasm. It was the type of commentary you would expect from the local radio broadcast who calls all home games.

I can only hope we hear "Take a ride on the Cain Train" after every run he makes today.

When you aren't "in mode", you offer some good analysis.

If anybody watches the IMG footage and comes away unimpressed with Allen, but loves his backup, then they are a shill.

If you were a top recruit watching OSU and Minnesota Thursday night, which team would you want to play for based on the broadcast?

"Oooo-lah-Vayyy!" "Haskell the Rascal" "OSU RB turning on the jets!"

Everything Minnesota did was met with less enthusiasm. It was the type of commentary you would expect from the local radio broadcast who calls all home games.

I can only hope we hear "Take a ride on the Cain Train" after every run he makes today.
Gus Johnson needs to take it down a notch, game gets muted when he’s announcing. I don’t need his screaming to feel excited during football play. He just panders to the winning team’s audience, usually the majority of the watchers, but my god it’s obnoxious if you’re a neutral viewer.

Gus Johnson needs to take it down a notch, game gets muted when he’s announcing. I don’t need his screaming to feel excited during football play. He just panders to the winning team’s audience, usually the majority of the watchers, but my god it’s obnoxious if you’re a neutral viewer.
You nailed it. Most of us have "rabbit ears" and only hear things that we want to hear or that's offensive to us. It's just Gus being Gus. He does sound goofy at times but if you go back and listen to him during a game. he is fair to both teams.

meh —- He called the B1G title game fair when we played Bucky. He’s just loud and ostentatious.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
ADVERTISEMENT